Saturday 31 October 2009

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - White on White


Hiya everyone. oops looks like I am a little late again ... I must stop going out on a Friday night, lol. It is Saturday so time to join us all at Penny Black for a great challenge ....

WHITE ON WHITE


Now deep breaths and don't panic .... this is actually a brilliant theme as I found out. I loved it once I got started and think I may use this for a lot of my christmas cards this year.



The cuttlebug was put into action with a couple of embossing folders - how quick and easy! A nice simple image and a bit of stickles and hey presto ... job done!



I have also added a bit of cosmic shimmer to my flowers, I love this and think I will be getting lots of lovely shades next week at the NEC (eeek only 7 days to go ... woohoo!!!!)


Thought I would leave you with a scary pic of me from last night. Popped into The Living Room (my fave bar) with hubby for a nice drinkie or two and bumped into Julie - a lady that I work with and her partner. Needless to say we ended up having a fair few drinks and a fabulous night out - aren't those the best type of nights :o)
Challenges
Creative Card Crew - Snowflakes
Charisma Cardz - No backing papers
Colour Create - All White
Okidoki, need a nice cuppa now so have a great weekend whatever you do xxx

20 comments:

Jackie said...

Beautiful card Marcea, I am loving the white on white as well now!

Have a great weekend

Hugs Jackie xx

Debbie said...

A fabulous card Marcea, I love all the embossing and the image is adorable.
Have a great weekend! Debbie x

Net said...

Love that card! I think I'm going to have to try this. Might save me agonising over which paper goes with what!

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card marcea - that's one adorable iamge and love your embossing and flowers. Now I have a question that I really need to know ... how do you get your Hobby pearl brad to go through your spacer?? I have noticed one or two people seem to manage this but I CAN'T!! Where am I going wrong rofl?? Hope you have a great weekend hun!
Pauline x

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card marcea....love the embossing and your adorable image and love the pic from last night...have a great weekend....hugs kath xxxx

Squirrel x said...

So who had a good night out then? LOL!! White-on-white is scaring me witless (some would say I'm witless anyway) but I'll be brave and give it go, especially now I've seen how fab it can look, great card babe ..... Hugs, Squirrel xx

Nicola said...

Ooh I love this white on white, how classy and elegant Marcea.
Great piccie from last night and enjoy the Theatre tonight too.
Thank yiou for playing along with us at the Creative Card Crew this week.
xx Mum xx

CraftyC said...

Your card is lovely Marcea and looks like you had a fab time. Not gonna ask what your friend is doing with that strawberry LOL
Clairex

Juls said...

love whitw on white! It always looks so elegant! (although I have never tried myself!) love your combination of different embossed backgrounds!

Jo said...

A gorgeous card Marcea, I really struggled with the white challenge. Jo x

Danni said...

Your card is wonderful as is the photo of you and your friend!

tracie said...

Oh wow hun this is gorgeous, love this image and your right its a perfect theme for those xmas cards this year...truley stunning hun.
Looks like you had a good start to the weekend..love your pic.
hugs
Tracie :)x

thread-bare said...

What a great image hun... & the piccie ain't too scary lol!!! xx Clare x

cats whiskers said...

Oh this is just fabulous dear, as is the very glam picture, glad you had a good night sweetie
Hugs Jacqui x

Ali Watson said...

Fab card Marcea, great picci too.

Deanne said...

Marcea - This card is adorable! I just love that little image! And your embellishments look amazing - the pearls for the holly berries is my favorite! Fantastic work! Thanks for joining in at Colour Create.

xx-Deanne and the Colour Create Team

Di said...

Fab card love the image !
Thanks for joining Colour Create this week.

DI and Colour create team.xxxx

Janiel/ janny said...

Well now just look at you!!!!! Your such a cute little thing!!!!Love the card sweetie!!!

Thanks so much for joining us at Color Create. hugzzzzzz

Vee said...

Fantastic card and I love your PB image so cute.Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

theneon said...

Good to see you had a great night out! -- But that you had time to make such a beautiful white on white card! Stunning in every way.

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes