Thursday 22 October 2009

Lili of the Valley - My sketch!


Good morning everyone and are you ready for another challenge with us all on Lili of the Valley . I am a litle nervous todaybecause it is a sketch challenge this week. As you know I love sketches but this time it is MY SKETCH .... eek, this is my very first sketch I have ever done so please be nice, lol.


I have tried to keep the sketch nice and simple with just a couple of layers to play with. I have used another of the fabulous new stamps which will be launched at the NEC in a couple of weeks (I think these babies are going to fly off the shelves!). I have used a little beauty called A Big Bouquet from the Fairy range and I think you will agree she is beautiful. I wanted to use soft colours for this card so I have used a mixture of papers detailed below.



Aaahhh, I am in love again - I think I am the luckiest person right now being able to play with these beauties. Remember to visit the challenge blog for lots more sneak peeks of the new stamps (lots of the boys stamps this week on show). We will be announcing our new GDT member tomorrow on the challenge blog so make sure you pay us a visit ..... it might be you!
Have a wonderful day and I hope you get chance to play along with us this challenge :o)

Stamp - LOTV - Fairy 'A big bouquet'
Papers - MME Abbey Road - Beep Beep Green Light, Bazill Glazed Winter Vine 'Sugar Cookie' , Martha Stewart Baby Girl Multimedia Pad
Tools - Nesties Labels 4, Martha Stewart Valentine Lace Punch
Embellies - flowers, ribbon, dew drops and hat pin from Crafty Feeling Subscription Kits, Charm and spacer from stash, Rose and leaves from Wild Orchid Crafts


21 comments:

Danni said...

Love, love, love this!! Gorgeous creation!

theneon said...

A beautiful job -- you certainly need not be nervous -- a great sketch and you used it to perfection. Hope we see more of your sketch ideas in the future.

Marina said...

Your card is just beautiful, Marcea!
Such a nice image and pretty papers.
I love the fresh colours, you've used and all details.

Hugs,
Marina

Ria said...

Oh this is soo precious Marcea :) Love the sketch ;) I will have alot of fun with it tommorrow :)
hugs Ria

Anonymous said...

Oh this is gorgeous! This stamp is simply beautiful. Great sketch!
Hugs xx
Pat

Mandy said...

well done with the sketch love it...will check the new stamps out at the NEC can't wait for the show..such a pretty image and the colours are fab.

Mandy xx

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is gorgeous, beautiful fairy.
luv
Debby

thread-bare said...

She is such a sweetie hun. Well done on your first sketch... can't believe you have got away with not doing one for sooo long lol!!! x Clare x

Tab said...

Stunning card, sweetie, love the cute image, so gotta get some of these at the show! Delish colour combo too!
You did make me laugh this morning when I read the comment you left on the rolling pin tilda card LOL.....she is so waiting for her hubby to get home, and bosh him on the head LOL.....tickle me so much!
Hugs Tab xxx

Sally said...

Stunning card. Love the colors.

Juls said...

wow!! this is just beautiful!

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Marcea
I just love the colour combo, your details and your sketch are fabulous!!

Karen x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card Marcea! Love all the yellow, so cheerful! Fantastic sketch and love the accents. :)

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marcea I so agree with you those stamps are so dainty and so very pretty. Youve created a gorgoeus card with them. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

Nicola said...

Woo hoo good on you Marcea, your sketch is fabulous and what a beautiful card you have created from it. Ooh that wee fairy has my name on it I´m sure - super colouration , delish papers and gorgeous embellies.
xx Mum xx

Jo said...

Such a gorgeous card. Jo x

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Beautiful card Marcea, really wonderful!
Hugs Jacqueline

Victoria said...

fab zesty card Marcea, bright colours but so delicate too - nice balance

Victoria
x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Beautiful soft colours and a lovely sketch. Absolutely gorgeous!
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Sheila said...

Another winner Marcea, I love your sketch hun, will store that in my must use box!!:), that fairy is just devine!!, I love your beautiful soft colours you've picked out for her, it's just one gorgeous card hun.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Do What You Love said...

Oh Marcea, I do adore this card. The color yellow is so beautiful and happy; added with green, it just springs beauty. The stamped image is a beauty. I love the embellishments you've added and the sketch is perfectly wonderful too!

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes