Wednesday 2 September 2009

Whiff of Joy celebration combo!


Hi again, only me - wow ..... 2 cards in 1 day - has been a long time since that happened!

A lady at work asked me to make a card for her dad's 60th birthday .... groan, isn't it just so difficult to make mens cards! Anyway, not to be put off I dusted off this stunning young man - Charlie 007 from Whiff of Joy and got to work!


I have followed the sketch by the lovely Bev from this weeks challenge on WOJ blog and it was so easy to follow. I have also used some dreaded holographic card but it works really well IRL and even men deserve a little glitz on their cards, lol. The blue card picks up the colour of Charlie's bow tie and piping on his trousers rather nicely.
I have replaced the 2 flowers with '60' (numbers that is - not 60 flowers .... I like my blooms but doubt even I could fit that many on a card!!). Even managed to use my new double scallop punch that I got today :o)


Lots of dimension again - I am quite liking this look at the moment rather than gluing everything flat on my card so will be buying lots and lots of foam tape I think!!.

This card also fits another couple od challenges too ...
ABC - Circles
Pile it On - Round & round we go!

Now for the final and most important thing about my card .... I am entering it for the GD position with Whiff of Joy. I am planning on making a few more cards for it before the call ends so fingers crossed. I have entered on previous calls and vowed to myself I will never give up ... one day, lol, if only ...... x Full details can be found on Katharina's blog here so why don't you pop over for a read to find out what it is all about!

30 comments:

Mummylade said...

it's stunning!

Marina said...

This card is stunning! Love the colour combo and your colouring is A1.

LG
Marina

Giò said...

Really elegant masculine card!!! Beautiful coloring and papers too.

Hugs
Giò

Nicola said...

Wow what fab shading, you sure have got to grips with your copics Marcea. Super image and fab papers and ooh your new punch is mega delish.
Hope your back is easing and you soon get through your list tonight. xxx

Jeanette said...

Lovely card! Nice image and so beautiful colors. Your coloring is superb! :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck Marcea, this is such a gorgeous card
Barbara

Sam said...

Great card Marcea, made one very similar yesterday for an 18th. Good luck with the DT call.
Sam x

Jane said...

Brilliant male card!! Lovely colouring and great idea to replace the flowers with the 60, thanks for joining us at wOJ, hugs, Jane x

Helen said...

Fab card - love the colours!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Marcea,what a beautiful card,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Beth aka BR-T said...

Man cards are so hard but you made this seem effortless! Beth

Anne said...

Wow! I like this card. Great colours and details.

-Anne-

I have a small blog candy in my blog if you want to take a look...

Dawn said...

Stunning male card and the details are gorgeous

thanks for joining us on ABC

Dawn

Erin... said...

Fabulous as ever Marcea!! Love it!

Risa said...

What an awesome card Marcea! Your image is awesome and your card is beautiful!
hugs
Risa:)

Anonymous said...

Stunning card Marcea!!
The papers and the colours are beautiful

Hugs Jannie

debby4000 said...

Oh this is brilliant, love the papers and fab OO7.
luv
Debby

Rach said...

gorgeous babe, love your colouring your papers and the dimension you have added...
good luck for the gdt call hun..xx
oh and i told you about the ironing...rofl... i have decided that i am allergic . i can send paul round though.... hahaha
big hugs xxxx

Nannieflash said...

My Marcea what a smart lad your stamp is, very grand and elegant. Wish most lads could look like that. I love your card its gorgeous. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxxxx

Kim Dellow said...

Beautiful card, Love the layout and the fab colours. Kim

Lene Aase said...

It`s stunning, love the colours!!!

Anne said...

Hi Marcea Isabel!
Yes, it was me that got your sweet images at my door. I haven't afford to use more than one yet..

Thanks for taking part in my candy. Good luck! =)

And I hope I can fix a better header..

-X-

Mina said...

I love this stamp reminds me of James Bond lol...fab card Marcea
Mina xxx

Unknown said...

Fabby card Marcea, love the colours and LO.

Hope you are keeping well.

Joanne x

Emma said...

Morning
Stunning card, love the colours especially the blue.
Good luck with the call...don't know how you keep up tho!!
Hugs Emma x

Carole said...

What a cool dude, great 60th card.
Good Luck with WOJ.
Hugs
Carole x

by. Amy Schultz said...

the blue just pops off so perfectly! fun card

Amy -- Pile It On DT

Bev said...

Oh this is fab babes - love the colour combo and you're right, the mirri really does work. It lifts the black beautifully. xx

Maureen said...

Great card! Love the colors and the coloring! Good luck with the call and thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

thread-bare said...

Fab card... Good luck with the DT call... keeping my fingers crossed for you xx Clare x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes