Friday 4 September 2009

Just Magnolia - Mina's sketch


It is Friday and you know what that means ..... woohoo it is time for another challenge on Just Magnolia and we have a great sketch by our lovely Mina!


My colours were inspired by a card that Bev made earlier in the week, although Bev's were much softer colours I knew I wanted some greens and purples as my main colour combo for this card. I have been having a really good rummage through all my old paper packs and found these funky papers by Papermania - aren't they brilliant :o)




Isn't it funny how sometimes when you finish a card it reminds you of someone straight away. Sweet little Tilda reminds me so much of my sister when she was little. She has the most gorgeous auburn hair just like this little cutie. I might have to keep this card to send to her :o)
I am entering my card for this weeks challenge on PTW which is angels & fairies .... my fave!




Another pic just to show you the layers on my cards. There is also a closer look at the felt ribbon which has been sat in my ribbon box for an eternity - seemed like the perfect time to cut a piece of and use it!

Now for some news ...... sadly Naoual will be leaving us - I have loved working with you hun and wish you every success for the future .... make sure you join in sometimes and try your chances with the fab prizes! On a happy note Denise has agreed to stay on as full time DT member - I am so happy!!!!! Welcome aboard sweetie.

Dies to die for have just had a delivery of loads of Magnolia stamps so pop on over and have a little spend - you know you are worth it, lol .... go on :o)
Right then folks, I am heading off to work so I will catch you all later ....byeeeeeee! Ooooh don't forget .... it's the Big Brother final tonight .... who is gonna win?????

24 comments:

Juls said...

wow!! this is stunning! love your colour combo!

Naoual said...

Gorgeous card sweetie, as always! Love that colour combo.

Thank you so much for your kind words, it's truly appreciated! I'll try to join in when I can!

Hugs, Naoual xx

Victoria said...

Fab card Marcea! Love this colour combo, great take on Mina's sketch!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Nicola said...

Fabulous card Marcea and she sure does remind me of our ´Chelle too. Wonderful colouring on this beautiful Tilda and your papers, flowers and swirls are awesome. xxx

Marina said...

This card is beautiful, I love this colour combo.
Your colouring and the details are very nice.

Bye :O),
Marina

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Cute image, haven't seen it before. Great colours, nice swirls and ofcourse beautiful flowers!

Liefs, Renata

lisa said...

This is gorgeous Marcea, I love those colours too. Your little angel has the cutest sparkliest wings,she's adorable.
Have a good weekend.

Lisax

Fern said...

Gorgeous card Marcea, i love the bright colours and sweet image, the felt ribbon looks fab! I've moved blogs! www.fernscrafts.blogspot.com!

Fern xx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Super card Marcea! Love the bold purple and green, so pretty. Super cute image, beautiful coloring. Love the accents. Have a lovely weekend hun. :)

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marcea, youve definitely used some really strong colours on your card, but I love it, Im a real mauve and purple person anyway. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

Danni said...

This is gorgeous! Wonderful, wonderful job!

De Ruijsbroekjes said...

oh what a lovely card, like the way you coloured it!

Have a nice weekend !

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Marcea,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers and details.

Hugs Riet.x

Carole said...

Gorgeous card Marcea, the papers are wonderful...and what a sweet Tilda.
Have a great weekend.
Enjoy BB.
Hugs
Carole

Anonymous said...

Stunning card, Marcea, love the image and all the detail that you have added too!

Greetings Jannie

Linda . J said...

Beautiful card Marcea and I love the colours and design, just beautiful.
Hugs Linda

Nilla said...

Love this card with the fabulous color combo, Tilda is colored so well! And the layering, perfect! Hugs NIlla

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Marcea.
The image is adorable, fabulous colour scheme.

Karen x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Marcea. The colours are fab and the image is coloured perfect!
Hugs xx
Pat

Jilli said...

Stunning card! Love the colour scheme. Gorgeous image, coloured beautifully! Jillix

Bev said...

So gorgeous sweetie, LOVE the zingy colour comb0 - delish!!! xxx

maxine said...

wow fantastic

thread-bare said...

Wow such vibrant colours hun. You are definately braver than me lol!!! Tilda looks great though xx Clare x

Angelique said...

wooowww what a fabulous card!! Lik the colours very much! I'am so pleased to join you in the DT this month!!

hugs angelique

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes