Saturday 19 September 2009

PBSC - Lace & Pearls / Singalong Saturday



Cough, sniff ..... hello, yep only me and I have a really horrid cold :o(
So I am going to feel sorry for myself all day because I feel so grotty - I am meant to be going to an engagement party tonight so hope I feel a bit better and I hope my nose doesn't look too much like Rudolph's (typical when I want to look nice). Enough of my moaning, we have a gorgeous challenge for you on Penny Black this week .....

LACE AND PEARLS




As soon as I heard the theme I thought of weddings - and what better PB image than this vintage stamp. This is the first time I have coloured it and I wasn't sure about colours but I think it has worked out fine in the end. The BG papers are just lovely with all the beautiful swirls and I have used a peachy coloured pearlescent card which really shimmers IRL.


The gorgeous lace and lace flowers (which were a ribbon until I chopped it up, eek) were part of the lovely RAK sent to me by Terry (thanks hun). What perfect timing with this lovely gift because they were just what my card really needed! My usual adhesive pearls to the corners help complete my card.
My card also fits with this weeks Cupcake craft challenge which is pearls and swirls .... perfect!
I hope you all have a chance to play along with us this week, PB challenges are always fun, and with so many images to choose from they are always so different. Have a great Saturday!



-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

I couldn't think what to play for you today so I have chosen one of my fave songs - hope you like it .... you really need the sound up loud (and a couple of drinks are optional, lol)





Have a great day!

24 comments:

Nicola said...

Wowee what fabulous colouring of this gorgeous image, I really do need those other 72 copics Marcea. I love your pearls and lace and beautiful paper. A truly stunning card my dear.
Hope you feel a lot better and enjoy the engagement party tonight. xxx.

Terry said...

Hiya Marcea, wow hun your card is absolutely georgous, I just love the image my friend has this stamp and it is absolutely georgous. Hope you will feel better tonight when you are having the party. Thanks so much hun for your sweet words and your very welcome. I am glad could help you out with this wonderfull challenge.
Have a nice weekend sweetie.
Hugs Terry

Swaantje said...

Ohhhhhhhh what a lovely card!
The little stamp is beautiful and your colouring is great.
Greetings
Swaani

PinksyDoodles said...

This is so pretty Marcea, the image is really sweet and the lace adds to the vintage feel. I hope you feel better soon and are well enough for the party.
Clare x

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Absolutely adorable card Marcea!! I just love that image, and you've coloured it so beautifully x
Hope you feel heaps better for tonight...but if your nose looks no better...pop on a 'antler headband' and say you thought that it was fancy dress!! xxx

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card Marcea, I love those PB stamps they are so gorgeous, I really must start to use mine more. The papers and stunning, youve made a fantastic card with them. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxxx

Mina said...

aaaaahhhhh Im sorry your not feeling well Marcea...no engagement party, you need fluffy sock, comfy pj's a rug and a cup of hot chocolate lol...I love this amazing stamp its perfect for the challenge and so beautiful
Mina xxx

Unknown said...

That image is gorgeous! I've just got my first vintage PB. Why did it take me so long?

That's a beautiful card.

Victoria said...

very pretty, really worked cutting the ribbon up to get the flowers.

Can't up the volume even a little bit as bubs asleep next to me, I can't even guess who it is!

Victoria
x

Danni said...

Feel better!!
Beautiful card!

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Stunning card Marcea, soooo cute and pretty.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

cats whiskers said...

Morning sweetie this is a beautiful card, just love the image and those papers are so lush , Hope you enjoyed the parrty sweetie
Hugs Jacqui x

Renata van Miltenburg said...

What a lovely lace flowers!! Also like the pearls and the cutest image!

Liefs, Renata

Beth said...

Such a pretty card! I love these vintage images - so cute! I hope you enjoyed the party and feeling better today!

Beth xx

Mephisto said...

Hi Dear,
your Card is so lovely!
Wonderful image!

Hugs
Domi

Kath Stewart said...

fabby card as always Marcea...love that vintage image and hope your cold gets better soon....enjoy your party tonight...a glass of vino or two might just do the trick...hugs kath xxxx

Rach said...

a fantastic card.... love the lace detail sweetie, sorry you are feeling a little rough.. keep warm and get well soon.. hugs rachxx

Jackie said...

Marcea its a fabulous card, hope you feel better soon.

Hugs
jackie

Juls said...

so incredibly sweet and romantic!!

Liza said...

Stunning card, the image is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Donna said...

This is fantastic Marcea, you've done a smashing job with this weeks pearls and swirls theme! Thanks for joining in the fun at CCC this week :) Donna x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Marcea, what a beautiful card. Love the adorable image and your colouring is amazing. Great papers and love the lace. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Tasha said...

Beautiful card, love how you hve coloured the image and the layout!
love tasha xx

Pauline C said...

Wowee Marcea this is just adorable - wonderfully coloured image and the lace flowers set it off perfectly :-)
Pauline x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes