Wednesday 16 September 2009

La-La Land Crafts - Embellish it


Good afternoon - I am shattered! I have had my first day at university in just over 6 years! I got the train this morning (very civilised compared to facing the M62) and I arrived fairly relaxed. Nice easy bit today - form filling and enrolling but my head is still banging - looking forward to getting stuck into my course. There is a lot of work involved because I am studying at Honours level, including lots if self directed study, so only time will tell what sort of impact it will have on my crafting time. What I am sure of though is that my studies will have to take priority over everything ... oooh I hope I manage to fit everything in!


So here is todays offering ...... my card for this weeks La La Land and the theme is ..... EMBELLISH IT!! This card nearly gave me a heart attack because I sentt it off to Irina and she mailed me back saying I had made a card for next weeks challenge instead of this one ....aarrgghhhh. Panic panic, lol ..... luckily managed to change a bit here and there and rescued it .... phew! I have followed the sketch on Sketch and Stash - my neglected stash are these beautiful papers, I stroke them far too much instead of using them, lol.
Right, I almost have another card finished so I may be back later today - have a good one!

16 comments:

Sheila said...

Fabulous!! Marcea... so does that mean you're all set for next weeks challenge then :)..
I love the soft colours you've picked out for this one hun, very girly.. love it!.
Best of luck at Uni darlin, you'll do a stonking job I just know.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Victoria said...

How do you do it? Work, family and crafting and now uni too? Hats off to you Marcea and a fab card to

Victoria
xx

Allison said...

So cute! I love the paper combos!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Hi Babe xxxx
well done you on going back to uni xxx
totaly gorgues card ,beautiful papers and image ,love it xxx
make sure you pour your self a large glass of wine lolxxxx
hugs Dawnxxx

Chrissie said...

A gorgeous, girly card Marcea, I'm in love with those beautiful papers!
Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash.

Nicola said...

What fabulous colouring Marcea, loving these soft tones and those papers are such a compliment. Loving your punched border ribbon and beatiful flower.
Whey hey the big work starts from now at Uni, don't burn yourself out sweetie, just think of your next degree. xxx

cats whiskers said...

Hi Sweetie well I really admire you for taking it back on again, give yourself a pat on the back, as long as you still have a little time for us. Great card by the way but then you know you always make great cards
Hugs Jacqui x

Juls said...

so cute!! Love the gorgeous DP's!!

Danni said...

Pretty card!!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Wonderful card! The paper you used is so pretty! So soft and subtle.

Well, good luck at school. I'm going back as well. My class starts next Thursday. :)

xx
Jane

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, beautiful colours.
The Uni work will be worth it in the end even if you have to craft a little less. Good Luck
luv
Debby

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Such a pretty card Marcea!

Congrats on going back to school. I finally accomplished my BA just a year ago, 31 years after graduating from high school. I never gave up, even when there were long periods of time I had to stop because of work and family. It was worth it. Good luck!

Jill said...

beautiful card Marcea thanks so much for joining in the fun at sketch and stash hugs Jill xx

Tracey said...

Beautiful card Marcea, those papers are gorgeous :-)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Maureen said...

Great save - this is totally gorgeous! Love those pretty papers and 'bellies!

Becky said...

Such a beautiful card Marcea, cute image!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes