Saturday 15 November 2008

Magnolia vs Stampavie #2 ... Clean and Simple


Oooh it seems so long since I coloured little Tilda but thought this was the perfect time to make friends again. I just love the new style Tilda, I think she is even more cute than before - thankyou to my lovely friend who sent me this sweetie :o)

Clean and simple is the theme this week on Magnolia vs Stampavie with no more than 3 colours allowed and for it to be simple and streamlined.




I have managed to keep it pretty simple I think and have used browns, blues and greens for my card. I did not have any large brown flowers so I got my ink pad out and changed the colour of a pale yellow bloom ... think it worked quite well. I have cut out Tilda after colouring her and perched her on the edge of the nesties with 3d foam pads - a perfect place to have a rest after looking cute all day.
Magnolia image coloured with prismas, paper from retro prints stack by DCWV, card stock from the papermill shop, swiss dots cuttlebug folder, nesties, papermania flowers and velvet ribbon, brad and gems from stash.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tilda sure looks as if she is enjoying her rest. I love the papers and colours you have chosen and thank you for the tip with changing colour of the flower, genious or what !!!
Another beautiful creation Marcea.
Nicola xxx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

gorgeous card marcea

i do think this image seems very "prim and proper" LOL

hugs jane x

Diane.W. said...

V cute!!! hope you are well :o)x

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow Marcia she look so cut love those colours and the embossed background
Hugs Jacqui x

Suzanne said...

Simple but very beautiful and gorgeousl colours. Sue :o)

Rach said...

Marcea, this is gorgeous, such lovely colours and tilda looks fabulous. hugs rachxx

CraftyC said...

Really elegent Marcea, great colours!
Clairex

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Hi Hun this is such a stunning card i adore the tilda image and the colours you've used, brown and blue, stunning!! Hugs Linda x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Marcea, love the clean lines and the colours are just edable!! :)

Hugs, Marlene x

Poppy said...

she look so sweet all lovely n pretty.
poppy.

Bev said...

Oh this is fabulous hunny, love the papers and colours and Tilda is so wonderfully coloured.

bug hugs
B x

thread-bare said...

Awwww I just love what you have done with Tilda hun xx She looks adorable sat there xx

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes