Saturday 14 March 2009

Penny Black Saturday Challenge #40 / Win a Martha Stewart Valentine Lace Punch / Singalong Saturday


Hi there, it's the weekend .... yippee!!!! Thanks to all the wonderful entries we had for our recipe challenge last week, so lovely to see so many of you taking part. We have a fabulous sketch by our very own Tracie for you all to play with this week.



Here is my take on it. My friend is having a baby next month so I decided to be organised for once and get her card made early :o) This stamp is always a winner with me for new babies and I just love it.



The papers are from Cuddly Buddley and they are gorgeous to work with. I have punched the flowers with my retro flower punch and used my Martha Stewart Doiley Punch for the centre strip of paper (read below for details how to win a Martha Stewart punch). I found these little fabric flowers in my stash that I had forgotten all about and added the for a bit more interest.


Shock, horror!!! Yes it is true - I have decorated the inside :o) I think it is because I can just print as much paper as I need. I must get over the fear of using my DPs for the insides because it really does finish the card perfectly. It was my friends last day at work yesterday - she has now started her maternity leave. I made her a matching card with a Bella image but I forget to take a piccie before I gave it to her. Thought it would be nice to have similar cards for the mummy and baby :o)
I hope you all have fun with this weeks sketch - I love it and it is now a firm fave of mine .... Thanks Tracie!!
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
COMPETITION
Here is a message from Tracy from Dies to Die For
Win a Martha Stewart Valentine Lace Punch
This will be open until Saturday the 21st March and the difference being that we are making cards for a cause. A friend of mine, Kirsty Wiseman, is collecting cards for all the wonderful soldiers out in Afghanistan. They obviously do not have shops out there and cannot buy cards to send home to loved ones, etc. They are after all sorts of messages from 'Happy Birthday' , 'Get Well Soon', 'Happy Anniversary, anything that you can make that can be sent to them. Please do not forget to send them with an envelope :o) and in a card bag please!!!
For full details on how to enter please pop over to the Dies to Die For Blog .
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Singalong Saturday!
Anyone who knows me knows that I just love music. I like all types of music and next to crafting itis one thing I could not live without. I have decided that every Saturday I am going to share a song with you all :o) Each week I will pick something that I can't stop humming and share it with you all. Hope you all like my first choice - it is a gorgeous song called Love Story by Taylor Swift


If you can't see the video you may need to download a free flash player

39 comments:

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Marcea, the colours and papers are really pretty and the image is adorable.
Have a great weekend! Debbie x

Poppy said...

lovely card,the inside looks lovely as well...
nice music choice
poppy

Mrs Wonka said...

Fab card, love it! I LOVE that song, Mr Wonka just got me the album and it is fab!

Mrs W x

Diane.W. said...

Beautiful card,have a luvly weekend :o)x

Mephisto said...

WOW, what a wonderful Work! Pretty Papers!

Hugs
Domi

Sally said...

Great card and love the papers.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, just love this sweet PB image. Great digi papers.
Have a nice weekend.
Carole x

Nicola said...

Beautiful card Marcea, I adore this image and your colouring is awesome. These papers are so pretty and well done you with the gorgeous insert too. xxx

Jill said...

aww Marcea this is adorable I love the DP and image soo cute hugs Jill x

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card Marcea...love the papers and the colours are beautiful....have a great weekend
Hugs Kath xxxxx

Pauline C said...

Hi Marcea - what a stunning and adorable baby card - that image is always a winner and the papers are delish! Hope you have a great weekend hun :-)
Pauline x
PS must hurry over to Tracy's compo now lol!

Deb said...

Fabulous card Marcea, the colours are stunning and the image is so perfect for a new baby card!
Like your singalong saturday, enjoyed your song!
have a great weekend, hugs Debx

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card Marea, a great stamp!
Clairex

Paula said...

Oh this is Beautiful Marcea love the image and i love how you have decorated the inside.
Paula xxxx

Pop's Cards said...

I love this image hun perfect colours hugs Pops x x x

jenny said...

Love this card, one of my favourite PB stamps. The colour combo is so pretty and I love the inside too x

Jennyx

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Marcea.

hugs Riet.x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Marcea, love the cute image and the pretty papers. Hugs Nikki x

LavenderCards said...

what a cute card.
K

Emma said...

Morning hun
Gorgeous card...love the image and papers. The inside looks fab.
Emma x

cats whiskers said...

Oh Snap hun, what a gteat card this is and I lurveee those papers hun, thanks for sharing the video dear
Hugs Jacqui x

tracie said...

Oh wow hun this is adorable, your right this image is perfect for a baby card and I love the paper ~ gorgeous !! Hope your having a lovely weekend
Big Hugs
Tracie :)xx
p.s Love your video ~ great song !

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cute card, love that sweet Hedgie and beautiful colours. Love the song choice, its already on my Ipod but I've never seen the music video if only I was thirty years younger.

Hanne said...

This card is so beautiful:)

Janet said...

Such a sweet card! lovely paper & gorgeous colouring.X

Tab said...

Oooh Marcea, just love your sweet card! I love this image too and you have coloured it beautifully too.
Hugs Tab xxx

Helen said...

Gorgeous card! I really love the inside too!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Totally adorable card Marcea! Love the pretty papers, both inside and out. The inside looks lovely hun. Such a cute image and great details. Your friend will love this. :)

maxine said...

Beautiful cards, there's something on my blog for you.

Bev said...

Oh this is just too cute for words sweetie, love the delish paper, and how you have decorated the inside - just gorgeous!!

Emily said...

This is beautiful Marcea! That image is adorable! Love the colors! The inside looks great too! I love that song too!

Maria Matter said...

Marcea, this is gorgeous!!!! An adorable image and your papers are beautiful....even the inside is gorgeous! Seriously fabulous!
Love the singalong...my daughter plays TSwift all the time, ya can't help but singalong!!!
Blessings, Maria

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, I love the cute image and colours

mueppi said...

Gorgeous card, Marcea!
Your colouring is fantastic!
Hugs Gisela

Helen said...

Beautiful card! Love the colours you've used!
Helen x

Susie Sugar said...

What a beautiful card so sweet
Love Susie xx

Enfys said...

Super duper card, I love the softness of it all, just so pretty
hugs
Enfys x

Tasha said...

Lol Marcea totally wouldnt have had you downfor a Taylor swift fan! lol im a hugge music fan too, always have my musicc on!
This card is super cute love the colour
love tasha xx

thread-bare said...

Fantastic card Marcea xx Love the papers xx

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes