Tuesday 24 March 2009

Inspirational Card Sketches #9



Good morning, looks like it is getting a bit colder again ... typical now that my mum and dad are visiting from Spain!! They will be arriving at mine tomorrow now (slight change of plan) and I can't wait!

I hope you are all ready to play along with another of Dawn's fantastic sketches . Our sponsors this week are Savvy n Sassy . It was lovely that so many of you entered last week and I loved visiting your blogs :o)


Here is my effort this week. I have used this cute High Hopes stamp that I got in my DT parcel from Tracy from Dies To Die For . I just love this cute piggy and he is perfect for those difficult male cards!


I was so pleased when I realised that my little gems followed the pattern on the sketch, those balloons couldn't have been in a more perfect place!! Pop over and check out the DT's cards - they are such a clever bunch .... have a wonderful day :o)

Stamp: High Hopes 'Pickles Balloon Ride' from Dies to Die For
Medium: Prismacolor pencils + sansador
Papers: Papermania 'For Him' , Dovecraft 'Masculine'
Embellisments: Papermania buttons, Dovecraft adhesive gems

Finally a big thankyou to Shirley for this award, thanks so much hun - it is wonderful :o)
My card also fits with High Hopes challenge this week which is buttons. I was so pleased when Dawn very kindly allowed me to enter my DT card into this challenge ... thanks hun x

30 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

I love this Marcea, You colouring is just fabulous and I just love the papers and colours you chose, great button detail, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Anonymous said...

I love your card, it's very cute and lovely colours!

Mrs Wonka said...

Wow Marcea I love that little piggy wig wig!

Have a lovely time with M&D

Z xxx

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Marcea,l love the image.

hugs Riet.x

Paula said...

This is fab Marcea lovely colours and what a cute image. Bet you cant wait to see your Parent's mine live in Spain too and have just visited but went back on Sunday.
Paula xxxx

Saskia said...

I love this card... So cute (yes, I do love 'cute' images)!!

Have a nice time with your parents!!!

Greetings,

Saskia

LavenderCards said...

cute card.
K

simplyfairies said...

Fabulous creation Macrea, I just lurve that cute piggy....

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, gorgeous colours and I love the fun pig.
luv
Debby

Nicola said...

Gorgeous card Marcea, I love this little piggie and your colouring is always lovely so hoping to pick up a few hints and tips with the Prisma's. Great papers and those buttons look fab.
Not long now. xxx

Dawn♥ said...

I love that you used the rhinestones to make that wavy shape. Super cute image and color scheme goes perfectly with the piggy! :)
Have a lovely day!
♥Dawn♥

CraftyC said...

A brilliant card Marcea, the bp matches so well. Have a wonderful time with your parents!
Clairex

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marcea, Im so glad you liked your award, I wanted to thank you for your support, THANK YOU so much. I love this card and I have a friend who would love it even more shes dotty on pigs. Its quite beautiful, love and hugs Shirleyxx

Anonymous said...

`Gorgeous` card Marcea...
Have a fab time in Harrogate!!!Yaah!!!:)♥

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous card Marcea, love the colours and your colouring of the image. hugs rachxx

Stamp-o-maticmama said...

too cute!!

Erin... said...

super cute!! It is such a fun image and I love your coloring and those great little buttons!

nessy said...

oh how cute is he? ~ amazing card!!
vanessa xx

** Isa ** said...

What a cutie Piggy... fabulous colours and colouring too...

{BIG HUGS} xxx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

What a super cute card Marcea! Love this sketch and the great papers. That piggie is the cutest! Enjoy your family time hun! :)

Olena said...

Beautiful card! LOve it! ~Olena~

katy said...

Awwwwww, lol, what a cutie, LOVE it Marcea ! xx

Emily said...

Great card Marcea! That image is adorable! Love the layout! Have fun with your parents!

Susie Sugar said...

Fantastic card you are so talented, it's Stunning darling
Hugs Susie xx

Alex said...

heehee, LOVE this cute card Marcea, that coloring is fabulous and the pig makes me smile! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Tricia said...

ha ha ha! That pig is HYSTERICAL! i love it! **hugz**

Emma said...

Aw love the piggy...soooo cute!!
Emma x

thread-bare said...

Stunning card hun & what a cute image lol!!! xx Clare x

Bev said...

Love love love it! You really do have the knack of matching the perfect papers and colours to your images hun, brilliant!! x

Fink said...

Just love the piggy!!!! Your cards are always amazing!

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes