Wednesday 4 March 2009

ABC Challenge - D is for ......



Good morning to you all. I hope you are all having a good week so far. Thanks to you all for taking part last week - we all loved looking at the cards for children that you created. This week on ABC is the challenge I have been dreading, lol ......

D is for DISTRESSING!!


Eeeek, I don't want to tear my papers - it is just so scary and feel so wrong!! I like nice neat edges although I do love looking at the distressed cards that others make :o) . I tried to get a distressing tool from The Range at the weekend but they didn't have any in stock so I scuffed the edges of my image with the handle of my tweezers. I have coloured my WOJ image with my prismas as usual. Papers are from the Simply Elegant pack by PM and the flower is from poppicraft and also a diecut flower using my cuttlebug scribble flower die. The brad is a Dovecraft one which has been sat in my stash for yonks.


This card also ties in very nicely with this weeks theme on A spoon full of sugar which is torn edges - thank goodness because I can't tear any more paper up this week, lol.
I have just noticed that the theme is hats over on My time to craft so making this card a bit of a combo!
I have been given these lovely awards too .... thanks ladies :o)

And this pretty award is from Olena and Susie

Please take either of these awards for your blog if you haven't got them already.

No starbucks today, going to be a good girl and get lots of crafting done because ........ my Gorjuss Girls arrived yesterday - woohoo, I am so excited!
Have a fabulous day and remember to check out the rest of the cards by the DT.

26 comments:

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful images and fab colours.

Nicola said...

Woo hoo what a fab card Marcea, I adore this image, your colouring is wonderful and these papers are gorgeous, would love to see you make more cards like this because it is simply stunning. xxx

Poppy said...

love the card,gorgeous flower.
poppy

Liza said...

Gorgeous card Marcea! I know what you mean about the distressing, it isn't for me either, but you have done a fabulous job. The papers are gorgeous and the image is beautiful.

Liza x

Ali Watson said...

Fab card this image is fab, love your distressing.

Dawn Wheeler said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous ,love the colouring and papers xxxhugs Dawnxxx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Gorgeous card Marcea! Love the vintage feel and the beautiful papers. Lovely image, perfectly colored. That flower is fabulous! Love these challenge themes, may need to get distressing! :)

Emma said...

Hi hun,
Gorgeous card...love the image and papers.
I use a nailfile to distress edges, works a treat!!
Hope you got those Gorjuss Girlies inked up.
Emma x

Pauline C said...

beautiful Marcea - really love your distressing and all the papers/image/colours - everything!
Hope youa re having a good week hun
pauline x

Riet said...

woww Marcea,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.

hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous love the imae and the papers hugs han xx

cats whiskers said...

Hi Hun this is stunning dear, I love the distressing and the fabulous colours you have used, so pleased someone else shares my phobia of tearing. Didn't know the lovely Nichola was your Mum she is such a lovely person.
Hugs Dear
Jacqui xx

Ginny said...

bee-oo-tiful..lol :0)

Sally said...

I'm like you Marcea, I like the look of distressing, but I don't like tearing my papers either. Your card is gorgeous. Always a beautiful creation

Tasha said...

Marcea this card is gorgeous - i love the way you did the edges very funky. And you have given me great inspiration to use this pad of papers
love tasha xx

nessy said...

gorgeous card ~very vintage!! wonderful!
vanessa xx

Jo Austin said...

lovley card.. the colours are great!

there's an award on my blog for you hunny x

Enfys said...

This is fabulous, a gorgeous vintagey look, yet up to the minute at the same time, clever!
hugs
Enfys x

Bev said...

I am so with you babes, makes me feel ill and the thought of tearing my precious papers lol. This is just amazing babes - love the rich colours and your fantastic colouring of the image. x

Tricia said...

I am always stunned by your beautiful cards!

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Marcea, beautifully coloured and the flower looks fab!
Clairex

Julie said...

A beautiful card, fab papers.
Julie x

Risa said...

What a darling card! Your image is colored to perfection and I like the clean look of your cards.
hugs
Risa:)

Jo said...

Beautiful card, great colouring and gorgeous papers. Thanks for joining in with MTTC :o) Jo x

Dawn♥ said...

Oh Marcea your card is absolutely beautiful for both challenges. Lovely job well done on the distressing! :)

♥Dawn

Oh I almost forgot I love the cute stamped/colored image! :)

thread-bare said...

Another stunning card hun & 2 more fab awards xx

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes