Wednesday 18 March 2009

ABC Challenge ... F is for ....



Good morning my lovlies, how are you all??? I hope you are all having a good week. I am glad to say it is my day off today but have lots planned. Getting my hair cut and coloured (got to look lovely for next weekend!!) this morning, then I have my contact lens check (got to be able to see next weekend, lol) this afternoon. Also HAVE to squeeze in a starbucks with cake cos it is the Wednesday law and I didn't have one last week :o(
I am rambling but I must shut up long enought to tell you about this weeks challenge on ABC

F is for FLOWERS

Exciting news too because we have a guest designer this week!!! I am so thrilled that the wonderfully talented Kim Piggott has joined us this week. You must visit her blog, although I expect many of you are regular visitors already. Kim makes the most breath-taking cards and her colouring is out of this world!




Here is my little card for this week. I was very brave and decided to make my own roses for this weeks challenge after seeing a tutorial a couple of nights ago. Can I find it now to link to it ..... nope!! If I find it again I will edit my post. Thankfully I read the tut right through and had a pretty good idea how to make them. You basically just need a 6 petal punch, some glue and a cocktail stick - how easy!!






Another Gorjuss Girl although a naughty friend of mine is trying to brainwash me into thinking they are evil spirits (bad bad friend, lol .... you know who you are!!!) and I almost agreed .... eek!! I do, however, still love them and will continue to do so until they have all been inked up at least once :o)



Here is a close up of my flowers (if you click the pic you can see it even closer still!!). I have to admit I am rather chuffed with how they turned out, especially as it was my first attempt :o)
I added a litter bit of stickles for some sparkle but apart from that kept my card quite simple. I really wanted the flowers to be the main focus rather than the image. I hope lots of you join in this week - it is a really easy challenge so lets see you all playing along!! Remember to check out the rest of the DT's cards - there are some gorgeous examples. A final thankyou again to Kim for joining us !
Have a fabulous day

25 comments:

Cathy said...

Gorgeous flowers Marcea (I need that link!!!). A beautiful card, and I love the blue tones.
Hugs
Cathy xx

clare said...

aww..this is gorgeous..love the clean crisp of the card..and the colour combo..and those flowers are gorgeous hun well donexx
hope you have a fab day hugs clarex

Nicola said...

Your flowers are sensational Marcea and make such a wonderful card. I adore your paper and this gorjuss image which you have coloured so beautifully. Oh it is a long time since I made roses but I always used a heart punch so I am looking forward to viewing your tut.
One more day !!!
xxx

Riet said...

wowww Marcea,what a beautiful card,l love the colour.

hugs Rietx

debby4000 said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous, fabulous roses they're outstanding.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Stunning card Marcea and the flowers look gorgeous, Beautiful colouring as always, Hugs, Nikki x

Mrs Wonka said...

Fabby card......

I love the gorjuss they are the cutest girls in the world!

Love and squidgy hugs

Mrs "I love gorjuss girl" Wonka xxx

HELP ME!!!!!!! THE EVIL SPIRITS HAVE TAKEN OVER MY BRAIN!!!!!!I told you they were placed into the craft world to infect our brains and then they will take over the world! When will you listen? lol

Actually they are growing on me! x

Rach said...

Marcea this is a beautiful card, fantastic colouring of your gorjuss girl and those flowers are sensational, wow!!
hugs rachxx

Anonymous said...

Fab card honey, I love those white flowers too just look at them lol. loving the papers and image too. Have a fab day.

Pop's Cards said...

Simply stunning, hugs Pops x x x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

simply sensational hun

love it

hugs jane x

Sally said...

Beautiful Card and I love the flowers. Would love to know how to make them.

nessy said...

what a very special card ~love the muted blues ~ gorgeous
vanessa xx

Victoria said...

they are lovely flowers - i need the link too hun, I also need to know how you have done the shine on the hair it is fab xxx

Pauline C said...

Wowee marcea what a fabulous card hun ... and PLEASE PLEASE do trt to find that link ... I need to try those roses they are so wonderful! hope you are having a good week
Pauline x

Jill said...

aww Marcea this is gorgoeus and I love the image and your gorgeous roses, they look amazing hugs Jill xx

Alex said...

WOW!! Gorgeous card Marcea, and those flowers are amazing, girl!! Love this!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Susie Sugar said...

only one word for this card Marcea "STUNNING !!" Wow its simply Stunning you are soooo clever !! I love everything about it
Hugs Susie xx

Tasha said...

Oh hunny this is just wow breath taking its beautiful the colour is awesome and i love the flowers
love tasha xx

Emily said...

Beautiful card! Your flowers look awesome!! Cute image! Great colors and coloring!

Bev said...

Oooh this is delish!! And you clever clogs you!! Those roses are fabulous babes!!! Love the colour scheme, it's exquisite!! xxx

Zoe said...

This is so beautiful, well done on making the roses, they look great. I have a tutorial saved but havent plucked up the courage to try them yet though!

Helen said...

Beautiful card - those flowers are stunning!
Helen x

thread-bare said...

Marcea, these flowers are just out of this world. If you find the tut I would love to have it xx Stunning card hun xx

simplyfairies said...

Stunning....

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes