Thursday 12 March 2009

Daisy & Dandelion / Lili of the Valley DT cards



How exciting ..... it is finally time for the very first challenge on Daisy and Dandelion and I have been looking forward to this so much :o) . The theme for this weeks challenge is ...

NEW BEGINNINGS


This can be a baby card, a new home card or even a friendly welcome card. Just let your creativity take over and have fun.


I have used the super cute Onion - how sweet is this baby elephant! I stamped him onto some white card and then created a frame using one of the gorgeous floral border stamps in the Pickles and Onion stamp set. I then coloured it with my usual prismas.



The beautiful pastel papers are from the Daisy and Dandelion paper pack and are perfect for a baby card. Finishing touches are some flowers from my stash and a computer generated sentiment.

I hope lots of you take part and have fun with this weeks challenge. Make sure you don't miss the other wonderful creations from our brand new DT!




-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-


Another new Design Team for me today and this time it is the wonderful Lili of the Valley . I was delighted when they asked me to join their brilliant DT with fellow newbie Risa .



The challenge this week is .....



MOTHERS' DAY



I have used Tilda with Rose as my image and coloured her again with my prismacolors. I love these papers and haven't used them in so long. They are from Papermania's Exquisite pack and the brown papers are BG. The lace was sent to me in a RAK (thanks sweetie) and I have attached a little heart charm with some jump rings that I got from Joanna Sheen (the little pearls are also from JS).
My fab MS doily punch has been working overtime (need to get more of these border punches ordered!!) and I love them layered up like this.





Ribbon and flowers from stash and think that's about it. Please make sure you check out everyone's cards in the DT - they are a talented bunch and give so much inspiration. Finally, huge congratulations to Donalda who has a new baby grandson - there are some gorgeous photos on her blog so please pay a visit and say hi :o)

16 comments:

thread-bare said...

2 fantastic cards hun, just love onion, he is adorable xx

Sally said...

Marcea
both cards are beautiful. Love that that little elephant, but the mother's day card is one o fmy favorite color combos.

Saskia said...

Marcea,

Wow... 2 beautiful cards!!! Lovely colours and details!!

Greetings,

Saskia

Nicola said...

Impossible to choose a favourite because both your cards are so pretty Marcea.
Onion is such a cutie little elephant,beautifully coloured and your floral border stamp works perfectly with him. Love these papers and stamps so much that will have to look for them when I come over next week. Love your sweet Mother Day´s card as any mum will. Tilda is a favourite of mine and your colouring is superb. These papers are lovely and I love how you have used your MS punch and finished off with the gorgeous lace border. xxx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Darling cards Marcea! Love the layouts and papers on both, especially that first one ;)! The images are colored perfectly and the accents are beautiful. Lovely DT cards! :)

Erin... said...

2 gorgeous cards!! love the coloring and the colors you chose. fun flowers too!

Riet said...

woww wowwww Marcea,what a beatiful cards,l love the image and colours.

zo mooi.
hugs Riet.x

** Isa ** said...

Hi Marcea. just find my way to your blog and I love your cheerful cards. Gorgeous...

Hugs xxx

Pauline C said...

Wow Marcea these 2 cards are stunning and well worthy of your 2 new DT places - well done!! Pickles and Onion are adorable aren't they?? I can't wait til I get chance to play with mine ... and what a fab idea for the flowery border. Even though I'm not a Tilda fan I think Tilda with rose is growing on me and I love how you have used her with the cute heart charm and those papers which I was also lucky enough to get from secret Santa last Christmas :-)
Hope you're having a good week hun
Pauline x

cats whiskers said...

Oh HUn you have outdone yourself with these two little masterpieces I just adore them both. Your colouring is perfect and colour choice as always stunning
Hugs Jacqui x

Bev said...

Two totally stunning cards babes - how cute is that heffalump!!! Love the Tilda card too, it's pure perfection!! x

Debbie said...

Two beautiful cards Marcea, beautiful colouring and papers and I love both of the images. Debbie x

debby4000 said...

Fantastic cards, but my fave is Onion he is so cute.

LavenderCards said...

lovely cards Marcea.
K

Susie Sugar said...

Marcea What darling cards , both are little master pieces
Love Susie xx

Daisychain said...

Both cards are just gorgeous. I love the papers and the designs.

Congratulations too on becoming one of Lili's Little Fairies, nice to be working with you.

Hugs Christine x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes