Tuesday 31 March 2009

Inspirational Card Sketches #10


Good morning to you all. I hope you are all having a good week so far. A little sad in my house this morning because my mum and dad are going home today. My mum and I have had a great time craft shopping all week and have truly shopped til we dropped!! I am off work today so that we can drive them to the airport at lunch time ... it will be stange with them gone!

Anyway, I will look forward to seeing what mum makes with all her new stash ... she might even be able to take part in this weeks Inspirational Card Sketches .


Now I really like this card but you should have seen me having a diva moment (or 2) whilst making it. For some bizarre reason my ink decided to be all smudgy, especially whilst colouring her arms. I think I threw 2 or 3 in the bin before I settled with this one.
I have used all lovely new stash for this card - my WOJ stamps (x3), K & Co papers, nesties and new fab flower!! All from The Hobby House (link in sidebar) on Saturday - Jill, you almost emptied my purse. I had already bought loads of stuff from Jill and went to tell Bev where we were sat for lunch and ended spending £76 on top of earlier. Then went back and got more .... talk about a fab stand with such brilliant merchandise :o)



Here is a closer peep at Melinda .... I just love glamour dust, how did I live without it! This is also my first attempt at masking so be kind, lol. Also my first time colouring her and will probably never make her top green again because I have just lost all the foliage in her top!




Even been good and decorated the inside - slowly getting better at using my papers .... just as well cos it makes all the difference to the finish of my cards!
Please make sure you check out the DT cards - they are such a talented bunch and I just love their cards!!

26 comments:

Julie Allain said...

Hello Marcea you have been picked to join the Inspirational Team x

Anonymous said...

Oh Marcea this is`gorgeous` I ♥ your card for the sketch..The colouring is `gorgeous` and well those papers have to be some of my all time fav`s!!!!!
Have a lovely Day `sweetie`:)♥

Stamp-o-maticmama said...

oh i love fairies i have a collection this is a stunning card.. WTG chickadee!!

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Marcea.
Beautifully colored image and the papers are so pretty.

Karen x

Saskia said...

Marcea,

You are so talented!!! Lovely card!!!!

Greetings,
Saskia

Riet said...

ohh wowww Marcea,what a beautiful card,l love the stamp.
so beautiful papers.

hugs Riet.x

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Marcea, fab papers and a great image. I've been picked for the Inspirational Team to, Woohoo, what a great start to the day!!
Clairex

Diane.W. said...

Awww,much luv to your Mum & wish her a safe journey from me!!! xxxx

Your card is fab,luvly image :o)x

Nicola said...

Stunning card Marcea, looks even better IRL. I did hear you mutter a few words to yourself in the making of this little beauty.
Boo hoo don't wanna go home. xxx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love the wonderful papers and fabulous image, love her sparkly wings.
luv
Debby

Nannieflash said...

Oh Marcea, this card is absolutely gorgeous, I love the way youve coloured her and finished it of with a brilliant inside. Well done love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

cats whiskers said...

Oh Wow hun how stunning is this gorgeous card love every single thing about it, think you spent even more than me, OMG are you on a craft diet now I know i am.
Hugs Jacqui x

Sue said...

WOW oh i would like it to Marcea its absolutlety beautiful, gorgeous colours & colouring, stunning work, sue.x

Paula said...

Wow this is stunning Marcea what a great layout love the DP's you have used they are fab and the image is beautiful.
Paula xxxx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card Marcea! Love the soft colors and that image. One of my new favs from WoJ. She's colored perfectly! :)

nessy said...

such a beautiful card ~such a sweet image ~perfect
congrats on being picked to join the inspiration team
vanessa xx

Emily said...

This is beautiful Marcea! Great image, and coloring! Love the layout and colors!

Dawn♥ said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! Lovely colors, sweet image and just out of this world gorgeous! :)
♥Dawn♥

Natalie said...

This is beautiful Marcea, great job with the masking. x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

So pretty Marcea and I love the papers and layout, your colouring is beautiful, Congratulations on your position with Inspirational, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Susie Sugar said...

Stunning card darling, but then they all are xx

Bev said...

Oh this is just gorgeous babe, and I think the green top is perfect. You have coloured her so well that the foilage is NOT lost so there! Those papers are so perfect for these WOJ images aren't they. Fab decoration of the inside too, all in all a magical card xxx

Tasha said...

Beautiful card - the colours are stunning - its beautiful
love tasha
xx

Pauline C said...

Wow Marcea this is beautiful - it is such a fabulous image and your colour scheme is gorgeous. I think your masking is brilliant ... i have bought that background WOJ stamp and am ashamed to say I haven't been successful yet! Oh dear .. must keep trying lol!
Pauline x

Fink said...

I just adore this card! Love the fairies wings!

thread-bare said...

Fab card hun xx Love the colours you have used xx Well done on decorating the inside so well xx Clare x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes