Saturday 7 March 2009

Penny Black Saturday Challenge #39



Good morning everyone, are you awake yet??? If not then this card will probably do the trick cos it is rather bright!!! Get your shades on if you have a hangover or are of a nervous disposition!!!

Yes, it is Saturday which means it is time for another Penny Black Saturday Challenge and this week we have a recipe ......

3 brads ..... 2 ribbons ..... 1 flower




Told you this was a bright one, lol!!! But come on, spring is on the way and all this sunshine just inspired me whilst I was making this card. I don't often use yellow but I love it on this card so who knows, maybe I will use it a bit more in the future! I have coloured with my prismas and added a little stickles to the flowers (gotta have some bling!!). Talking of bling, look at these fab sparkly brads .... aren't they great :o) . I have used ribbon from The Range and my blooms are from Poppicrafts. How do you like my ribbon leaves .... had a mad moment but think it kind of works, lol. The other pink ribbon is to hide my little mistake .... I can't add up to 3 you see and actually popped another brad here originally - forgetting I needed one in the centre of my flower .... duh!



Well, that's your lot for me for now apart from to say thanks to all who entered last week. I am sorry for the lack of my visits to you all this week, my son has a major band competition tomorrow and he has had rehearsals every night for the last week. This involves a 4 hour round trip every night (including rehearsal) so you can see I haven't really been around a lot. Luckily they have already qualified for The Royal Albert Hall in October so this is just for points for their world ramkings. They are currently 10th in the world so fingers crossed they do well and manage to go up a couple of places! Things should then settle down for a few weeks so I should be doing the rounds again :o)
Have a great weekend!

34 comments:

Riet said...

wowww Marcea,what a beautiful card,l love the colours.

have a nice weekend.
hugs Riet.x

Saskia said...

Wow!! Lovely, bright card!!!!

Saskia xx

Mephisto said...

Hi,
thats a wonderful Card hun!

hugs
Domi

debby4000 said...

Fabulous spring card, love the cute hedgie and vibrant colours.

Susie Sugar said...

Hi Marcea, what a beautiful bright card I love it , it just sings summer, so vibrant would bring a smile to anyones face even on a chilly day like today.
Thank you for entering my blog candy .....good luck
Love Susie xx

Nicola said...

Lovely cheery card Marcea, love this image and colour combo which is sure to lift the spirits of any person with a nervous disposition hehe.Fingers crossed for Ryan and band to step up the scales tomorrow. xxx

Monique said...

Wow Marcea what a beautiful card. Love these wonderful colors together.

xx Monique

Tasha said...

Wow super bright and super gorgeous card its so cute too.
Good luck to your son hope he has a good tme - Four hour round trip not cool though
love tasha xx

cats whiskers said...

O hun I am in the mood for bright this morning and this has really cheered me up. Great card just love it. How honest of you to admit your mistake would never have know if you hadn't said dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Jill said...

gorgeous card Marcea and I love the bright colours hugs Jill x

Ali Watson said...

Adorable card love the papers and super colouring. Love it.

Sally said...

gorgeous card! Love the bright colors. Have a great weekend.

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Marcea, great colour combo!
Clairex

Larissa said...

Lovely card Thanks for the warning because it is indeed very bright! LOL.

Hugs,
Larissa

Sue said...

Oh Marcea a beautiful card i luv the colours you have chosen, fabby image, sue.x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow Marcea another gorgeous card hunny. It is bright and beautiful!!! Your son will do amazingly well in October, like last time, his band is very talented!!! you must be one proud mum! have a good weekend hunny. Hugs Linda x

Dawn♥ said...

WOW it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I ♥ your card!

Bev said...

Too cute for words!!! Love the bright zingy colours babes - just right to cheer us up on these dark dingy days. xxx

LavenderCards said...

great bright card.
K

Beth said...

I love it Marcea! The bright colours are fab and I love the flower! xx

Anonymous said...

Marcea

What a gorgeous card and yep bring on the sunshine after this .. love the colours very bright and vibrant.

Stunning.

Debbie
x

Debbie said...

Beautiful card Marcea,I love the great design and the bright springtime colours.
Fantastic news about your son...how exciting for him to be playin at the Royal Albert Hall...you must be so proud of him. Debbie x

Emma said...

Hiya hun
Hope you are having a good wk end.
Loving the bright colours of your card and good luck to Ryan.
Emma x

Clare said...

This is such a lovely card, so bright and cheerful.

Sounds like you've had a lot of travelling over the past few days! What does your son play? Good Luck to him and the band. Love, Clare x

tracie said...

Oh wow hun this is fabulous, you certainly are the queen of brightness, lol ~ I love it and it so you... gorgeous !!
Have a great week hun
Hugs
Tracie :)x

Kath Stewart said...

wow a lovely bright and happy card marcea....pity the weather isn't co-operating....love the image...hugs Kath xxxx

Pop's Cards said...

Fabulous colours hun, just striking, hugs Pops x xx

Alex said...

This is absolutely darling Marcea, I love the colors and that adorable hedgie! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Pauline C said...

Wow Marcea love this - one of my fave images and I lvoe the bright spring-like colours & fab ribbon bow! Between ourselves i made a li'l boo boo on my DT card too and had to "creatively" cover it up ... sssh! Fab to hear your son is doing so well with his band - wow you are busy! Take care and try to get some rest
Pauline x

Jackie said...

Wow what a great colour combo, just the thing for a bright and sunny day. Great card Marcea!

jackie x

6 wacky women said...

Fabulous card, Marcea.
The colors are bright and so beautiful!! Love that little hedgie too.

Karen x

Helen said...

Gorgeous! Love the bright zingy colours! Fab layout too!
Helen x

Risa said...

Marcea your card is pure cuteness! Your image and wonder colors are beautiful!
hugs
Risa:)

thread-bare said...

Wow what a bright sunny card xx Love your little hedgie xx Sooo cute xx

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes