Friday 30 January 2009

Stamp Something - Summer in Winter

Good morning, Friday again (thank goodness) and a whole weekend of clearing up after the builders is what I have to look forward to :o( but I am sure I can get my butt in gear and manage to get a little time to play with my beloved crafty stash too.
So it is time for a new challenge from us all at Stamp Something . With all this cold weather what better idea than to think ahead to warmer days .... so we would love to see your ideas of

Summer in Winter



I have used this beautiful Sarah Kay image kindly sent to me by Tracie a couple of weeks ago. She is just so gorgeous with her little picnic basket and bunch of hand picked flowers. I loved colouring her and have tried to concentrate a bit more on shading my image, something I hope to get better with over the coming weeks.
Very simple layout and I actually had the courage to stamp my sentiment straight onto the yummy BG papers - something I wouldn't normally do. I am now wondering how on earth I used to manage without BG - no turning back for me now!!



Remember to check out Stamp Something's blog for further details of this weeks challenge and to see the rest of the DT's fabulous cards.
Sarah Kay coloured with Prismas, BG papers from two scoops pack, studio g sentiment, flowers from poppicrafts, lace, brad and charm from stash

26 comments:

Jo said...

Beautiful card Marcea...the image is gorgeous and beautifully coloured. Love the flower with the charm.

Hope your cleaning up goes well!

LavenderCards said...

gorgeous card Marcea.
K

Dawny P said...

Gorgeous this Marcea. Love the colours and the flower and charm are just beautiful. How do you attach your charms please hun? It is scary when you stamp straight on to the card - you are very brave lol xxx xxxx

maxine said...

Beautiful card

Nicola said...

Wow , what fabulous colouring Marcea and this is image is so so sweet. I can feel a spend coming on.Your card is luscious. Weather . . . why it´s 25 degrees already here teehee. Don´t work too hard or you will disturb the builders dust. xxx

cats whiskers said...

Fab colour scheme dear, loveyour colouring of the Sk image and the papers are a perfect match
Don't work to hard over the weekend we need to see soem cards
Hugs Jacqui x

Sally said...

Fabulous card and wonderful coloring.

Lauren said...

Super cute and fabulous coloring. Wonderful job with the challenge Marcea!

Lisa H. said...

beatuiful and fabulous! So glad to have you one the team, Marcea! this stamp is great!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is just beautiful Marcea! Love the image choice, perfect for this challenge and beautifully colored. Great papers and layout too. Love the flower! Have a good weekend. :)

Alex said...

Absolutely beautiful Marcea, that sweet image is colored to perfection! Love the layout and the dp - fabulous challenge card, my friend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Melissa said...

So very sweet Marcea!

Many Blessings,
M.

Pauline C said...

Another fab card Marcea ... i totally love BG Two Scoops papers and have nearly used all mine up lol! And I love your charm brad (if you have a Papermill Shop near you, they may be selling them off ... I bought some a couple of weeks ago and am hoping to get more !)
Pauline x

nessy said...

amazing card ~so pretty ~perfect colouring!!
vanessa xx

Erin... said...

beautiful card. love the layout and that beautifully colored image!! so adorable!

Bev said...

Oh this is such a pretty card hun, love the papers and summery colours. This image is so fabulously coloured too. Love it!

hugs Bev x

Emily said...

This is beautiful Marcea! Great layout! I love the flowers! Great coloring too! TFS!

Monique said...

Wow Marcea this card is gorgeous. Love the image and the colouring is just beautiful. Love all the extra details.

xx Monique

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous Marcea, and 2 scoops are one of my favourites. Hope your house returns to its normal state very soon, then you'll have more craft time, have a good weekend!
Clairex

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Oh Marcea, this is simply stunning hunny. I love this image and so beautifully coloured too. Lovely papers and love the charm! hugs Linda xs

Wendy said...

Beautiful card
Wendy x

Cindy Beach said...

Welcome to the team, Marcea!
I just love this card, your coloring and the image is exquisite. The flower and charm are adorable embellishments, TFS!

Deb M. said...

WOW!! Beautiful card!!

TFS...

clare said...

gorgeous card hun..love this image its so sweet.
hugs clarex

Carole said...

Totally sweet and adorable, your colouring is certainly wonderful...great layout too.
Hugs
Carole x

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute and coordinates beautifully.... perfect hon.

Sam
x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes