Wednesday 21 January 2009

ABC Challenge - X is for ..... and Charisma Cardz #2

Good morning, and isn't it lovely to have some sunshine after the dreadful weather we have had. I am glad to be back crafting after my hectic weekend away but I have so much to catch up on ... I promise to visit you all this weekend - you know what it is like!

So, onto this weeks ABC Challenge and the theme this week is to have an 'X' somewhere on your card.

I have interpreted it as a kiss, afterall I put lots of x's at the end of my letters, cards and emails. I am loving all my new BG papers and am now wondering how I managed without them! I didn't have any sparkly cream coloured brads so I used these little white brads and heat embossed them with enchanted gold embossing powder - now they are just right!


A closer look at the cute little couple .... they are so in love aren't they :o)

Make sure you pop over to see the rest of the DT cards and check back on there later to find out who won last weeks prize.
Image coloured with prismas, sakura stardust to hearts, paper from BG Bittersweet pad, flowers from poppicrafts, cuddlybuddly sentiment, nesties, brads and fibre from stash

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Here is my card for this week for Charisma Cardz . The theme this week is Fantasy.


My card is one a made a little while ago (hence the scan instead of photo) but I wanted to enter it because I just love fairies and don't seem to make many cards with them on any more. There is also a bit of stitching around as a border - gee it seems a while since I had my needle out, might have to give it a dusting off!

Last of all, a great big thankyou to everyone who has given me an award over the last week - I am planning a mammoth post to thank you all and to pass on the awards to the next lot of lucky bloggers ... you have been warned .... better bring a cuppa and a comfy chair.

Enjoy your day!

20 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Oh these two little meeces are fabulous what a gorgious card thi sis hun, I love your colouring
Hugs Jacqui x

Diane.W. said...

Hi Marcea,hope you are well.
Your card is luvly,gorgeous paper too :o)x

Susie Sugar said...

Another absolutely stunning card Marcea, I really love this one its just sooooo cute
Love Susie xx

Nicola said...

Awe they look so in love and enjoying their little x´s. Another great card Marcea and your heat embossed brads are a wonderful idea. xxx

Ali Watson said...

Adorable, love the papers. Have a good day.

Jayne Hayward said...

What a lovely card and the stamped image is so cute.


Jayne xx

Anonymous said...

Sooooo cute - love it

You are such an inspiration hon.

Sam
x

Dawn Wheeler said...

So so cute fabulous card ,gorgeous colours and image ,brilliant ,hugs Dawnxxx
hope you are ok xxx

clare said...

aww..so sweet..love this image.
hugs clare x

nessy said...

what a sweet card , just love those mousies!! beautifully coloured!
vanessa xx

Sally said...

Love your card and the image is sooo cute. I like how you have embossed the brads.

Pop's Cards said...

aww this is really cute honey, hugs pops x x x

Leanne said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for entering the Charisma Cardz Challenge!
Leanne :o)
xx

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card love the image the little mice are just so sweet and the layout and colours are fab.

Love the blog full of great inspiration will defo be back.

Debbie
:-))

Emma said...

Two gorgeous cards...really stunning.
Emma x

Nicola said...

Ooh I lurve that fairy and your stitching is beautiful. You should get your needle and threads out again but if they are lost you can go back to the Range with the feeble excuse of buying a rubbish bin lol. xxx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Hi hunny, these cards are both gorgeous, can't pick a favourite they are both fantastic. Lovely colouring as always and stunning papers! hope you are well hunny. Had to laugh at your latest post. You naughty girl, spending at the range without your partner in crime!! strangely enough i have been there today and brought some of the same Smirks that you have brought. Looking forward to seeing your great creations! hugs Linda x

Pauline C said...

I'm adoring those cute mice .... how cute as well heat embossing the li'l brads - love it!
pauline x

Anonymous said...

I like how you interpreted the X in the challenge. Before reading your whole post I was looking for the X in it.

Bev said...

The PB card is just too sweet Marcea, love that image too (and the papers lol). Fantastic colouring and wonderful attention to detail too,

hugs Bev x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes