Wednesday 28 January 2009

ABC Challenge - Y is for .....

Hi there, my day off already woohoo but it is already shaping up to be a busy day. We have a couple of builders in removing a chimney breast in one of our bedrooms and there is dust everywhere but it will all be worth it. Plus, getting my hair done this morning so I will be all glam and lovely and covered in brick dust ..... nice!
Enough of my nonsense, I know you all want to find out what 'Y' is for on this weeks challenge on ABC . I bet you all thought it would be yellow didn't you ... if so you are WRONG!!! This week Y is for...

YESTERYEAR!




Basically, we want to see one of your first ever stamps on your creation. Now I know you think I am mad because the image on my card is a very new stamp but look closer ....... can you see my old stamp???? Even closer .....





There you go - can you believe I have never used these pretty little heart background stamps before. They were in a See D's set that I bought when I first started crafting. I have heat embossed them with holographic EP and I really love the effect (although I may have slightly singed the paper, lol ... think that's what us crafters call distressing hahahaha).
I was also a very distressed crafter when I spilled over half a tub of glamour dust all over my dining room floor .... oops. Managed to salvage some, remove some and then blinged up everything else in the room - Boxer dogs look so much prettier when the sparkle you know ... nightmare!
A big thankyou to everyone who joined in last week. We have a guest designer this week so pop over and find out who it is! Have a fab week and can't wait to see your creations!
Image coloured with prismas, glamour dust added for bling, papers from BG Bittersweet pack (love love love this pack), flowers from poppicrafts, brads from stash, Anita's ribbon from The Range, See D's heart stamp

20 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Beautiful PINK card!!!
Bet the dogs look fab,lol!!! :o)x

Poppy said...

love the colours, pink is always good.
poppy

Nicola said...

Great card Marcea, love these papers too and that bow is awesome with your gorgeous flowers. xxx

Pop's Cards said...

wow i had to look really hard lol, its gorgeous hun, love the ribbon really nice size, hugs pps x x x

Ali Watson said...

now I recognised that stamp right awy as i have it too. Well done on reminding me. this is simply gorgeous love pink, very pretty. Wish I had bought some of these stamps now. Thank you for your lovely comment. Have a lovely day.

Rach said...

love your card marcea, bet the boxers looked fab all blinged up. hugs rachxx

Beth said...

This is gorgeous! I love this stamp and the papers and big bow are so pretty! xx

CraftyC said...

Love your card Marcea and the bow is a great touch. Maybe you should walk around with a shower cap on for the next few days, dontw ant to spoil your new hairdo now LOL
Clairex

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Marcea. LOL at your poor dogs!!
Have a great day.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Sally said...

gorgeous card.
Hummm glammor dust and plaster dust, now that's a combination I don't think I've seen before. Bet the dogs were so cute with their glamed noses.

Tasha said...

Another brilliant card - its so very prety.
I think someone tipped the postman off that i was witing to puckr up as he posted your wonderful package and then fled! Im dissapointed! However it was soon forgotten when i opened your envelops - wow Marcea you are far too generous - i loved every single image - loved them and the card you sent milleie said - aggghhh very pretty, so thank you so much
love tasha xxx

cats whiskers said...

Beautiful card again hun love that image and your great colour choice. I would love to see your dog all sparkly
big hugs
Jacqui x

mueppi said...

Beautiful card, Marcea!!
I love the papers and image!!!!!!!
Hugs Gisela

Pauline C said...

Ooh lovely!Yes i did wonder when I saw this over on the ABC blog where the "yesteryear" stamp came into it .. ooh you are a tease lol!! Love the card - very cute image. OMG i bet the glamour dust must have got EVERYWHERE!! It's gorgeous stuff but hell itself to clear away .... your dining room will sparkle for ever more!! (so waht's wrong with that lol??) Good luck with the uilding work hun
Pauline x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

soo sweet!

hugs jane x

LavenderCards said...

lovely card Marcea.
K

Bev said...

Marcea this is fab! Love the pink and the fab layout. Gorgeous embellies too babe. Love it!

hugs BEv x

Stamp n Sparkle said...

This card is so scrummy I could eat it!!!
Zee x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card, so soft and pretty! Love the sweet image and the gorgeous accents! :)

Emma said...

Whoops missed this one...don't know how as its stunning. Totally gorge...love it.
Emma x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes