Sunday 25 January 2009

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #16 and some awards


Good afternoon to you all, gosh I can't believe the weekend is almost over already - they go so fast!! At least I have managed a little crafting which is always a nice way to spend a bit of 'me' time. I have made a card for this weeks challenge by Secret Crafter using my new Smirk stash that I bought earlier in the week. This week we had a recipe to follow .....

1 image, 2 papers, 3 embellisments




I actually had lots of fun using this die cut decoupage kit although me being me I had to trim all the white bits around the edges off (just knew I would end up doing that!!) thereby turning it from a quickie card into a slightly longer to make card!


The green paper came with the image and the pretty glittered butterfly paper was from one of the paper packs from the Skirk range. The colours are so yummy and girly that I know I will love using the rest if my goodies. So that is the image and papers covered, which just leaves my 3 embellishments .... scrummy flowers, organza ribbon and gorgeous black pearls ..... job done!!!!

And look ..... even an matching inside!!!!!! Think I need to have a rest now, lol. Oh yes, almost forgot .... awards - will add them to this post throughout the day - got a lot of the to sort out (must be organised in future and post them as I get them) .... back soon!
Been a good girl and added all my awards on the post below (and even a new(ish) piccie of me :o)

Smirk 'naughty' decoupage kit, papers from decoupage kit and smirk naughty but nice paper pack, flowers from Joanna Sheen, brad and spacer from Poppicrafts, ribbon from stash, pearls from Sally,

25 comments:

Nicola said...

Great girly card . . . so pleased you cut off the white edges on decoupage teehee. Your embellishments are scrummy, love that flower and those pearls. Another winner hun. xxx

Tasha said...

Marcea this is stunning - its awesome and way cute! Its my favourite card of the day! The image is brill and love the flower
love tasha xx

Jill said...

aww wow Marcea this is so funky I love the decoupage. lovely bright colours and gorgeous on the inside too thanks for joining us this week at scsc hugs Jill x

Anonymous said...

Oh what a brilliant card - I could use that image 100 times over LOL.... and how great also tarting up the other sides of the card.... I can just about manage the front LOL

Love it

Sam
x

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh she is darling, I love your challenge.

Sally said...

truly adorable.

Pop's Cards said...

LOL i love this so fun, hugs pops x x x

Erin... said...

Wonderufl card! Love that fun image! great colors too!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

fabulous, what a quirky image!

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC

hugs jane x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Gorgeous ,gorgeous ,gorgeous ,love it hun ,so cute and pretty ,brillint ,hugs Dawnxxx

Shirley said...

How creative!....and what a beautiful card, Marcea! I like how you did the layering, the bow, and the flower too!....and the inside is just as lovely! Your image is wonderful too~!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Hi hunny, hows it going then? hope you've had a fabulous weekend. Its still raining here can you believe it? i don't think its stopped all day! Well this is such a fabulous card hunny, glad your making use of your new smirk stash! hugs Linda x

Bev said...

Marcea this is amazing babes!! I also would have cut the white bits off lol - farty Tommy's the two of us pmsl. Love the colours and the gorge flowers, very yummy

hugs Bev x

Emma said...

Fantastic,loving your new Smirk goodies...brilliant.
I am sulking even more now!!
Emma x

Diane.W. said...

Gorgeous card.
You look totally diff in your photo to the one on your profile!!! :o)x

Mandy said...

This is such a fun card Marcea, love it. Thanks for joining us at SCSC this week.

Mandy

Joey said...

Hi Marcea, I love your card it is so much fun, gorgeous image and colours. joeyxxx

Rach said...

this is wonderful Marcea, such gorgeous colours, the flowers are delish. hugs rachxx

cats whiskers said...

What a great card love the image and the fabby colours, and the inside looks good too dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Donna said...

Fantastic card Marcea and such an amazing colour combo. Thanks for playing along with us this week at SCSC :) Donna x

tracie said...

oh wow Marcea this is adorable - fabulous, I love it.

Theres a little something for you waiting on my blog :)xx

Lauren said...

Super cute and so Fun!

Lexxie said...

Hi Marcea,
Sorry about my link not working-technology Grr!!
Anyway I've now left the new challenge blog addy on my blog, and there is a little blinkie to click on as well. I'd love to see your cards on the new challenge blog as you always use such beautiful colours in your card making.
I love the little image on this card-how cute is she?
Love Sarita xx

Susie Sugar said...

Really Sassy card Marcea , I love it
Hugs Susie xx

Dawn♥ said...

Oh I love the colors and the design are so amazing. :)

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes