Monday 12 January 2009

Inspirational Card Sketches DT Call & Lili of the Valley Challenge card

Happy Monday folks, hope you all had a great weekend and managed to get lots of crafting done. I managed to make a few cards at the weekend which is just as well because I have a busy week coming up - not like me to be so organised :o)

I was blog hopping a couple of nights ago when I came across a brand new sketch blog - so new in fact that the first sketch has just been posted a few days ago. Dawn is looking for 6 members to join her Design Team for a period of 4 months. Further details can be found on Dawn's blog and also on the new Inspirational Sketch Blog .

It is a great sketch that Dawn has made and I found it so easy to work with. I have rotated the sketch and added a few other bits and pieces to my card, you know how I like to keep on adding embellishments.


I was looking for something for the top corner and couldn't believe my luck when I found this bottle top. How brill is it that it has a hat and 'Party Animal' on it - just like my new WOJ stamp !!


I have even managed to make an insert AND matching envelope (think I need to have a rest, lol) so all in all I am quite pleased with my efforts of the day.
I am entering this card into the wonderful Lili of the Valley challenge - the theme this week is 'Anything Goes' .

Phew, lunch break almost over so better zoom back to work - have a fabulous Monday!
'Mouse under partyhat' by WOJ coloured with prismas, papers from Dovecraft's Masculine pack, See D's sentiment and partyhat duo stamps, nesties, Dovecraft bottletop, stars from stash.

20 comments:

Helen said...

Fab card! Love the way it everything co-ordinates!
Good luck with the DT call!
Helen x

Mrs Wonka said...

ohhhhhhhhh this is fabby. You have done such a wonderful job! I recon it's in the bag!!!

Mrs W x

Emma said...

Fantastic card hun...wondered how come you posting when you should be at work!!! Lol
Good look with the DT call and looking forward to Wed altho I do hope I feel better...not too good today but I will get plenty of rest so I am ready for a good chat and shop - have made a list!
Emma x

Pauline C said...

That's stunning Marcea - adore your new WOJ stamp and your colouring/layout. Have psoted your li'l package at lunchtime hun so hope you'll get it tomrrow :-)
pauline x

Nicola said...

Ooh I just luuurve this stamp!!!
You always come up trumps with your fab dp´s and where did you get that bottle cap!!! Fantastic colouring as always and you just have that edge with colour co-ordination. Good luck with DT call . . . your creations take some beating hun. xxx

Dawn♥ said...

WOWzer Marcea that's just so cute and I love that you chose to turn the sketch to your liking. AWESOME! Good luck hun!

Rach said...

this is fab Marcea, love how it all matches. hugs rachxx

Bev said...

FAB!!!! Love the colours and papers -they work so well with that cute little image hunny.

Have a great week
hugs B xx

Debbie said...

Ooh this is fabulous Marcea! Cute image and the papers are gorgeous. Love all the details inside the card and the matching envelope too! Debbie x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow fabulous card babe xxx
stunning colouring and layout love it ,hugs Dawnxx

Pauline C said...

Hi again Marcea - thanks so much for the RAK's that have arrived today - I will email you. I now have my v own little mousey images to colour - woo hoo! I have left you a little something on my blog
Pauline x

rozzyb said...

Fab card Marcea and a wonderful blog... looking forward to chatting with you on trimmie too... roz xx

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow Hun this is jut adorable, you never fail to produce a beautiful and unusual card. Love it. Thanks for joining LOTV this week
Hugs Jacqui x

Pearl said...

lovely take on the sketch !good luck on the call !

Daisychain said...

Great card Marcea, love the colour combo and the cute image. Thanks for joining us at LOTV this week.

Hugs Christine x

Anonymous said...

Fa-bu-lous Marcea, love everything about it!!
Congrats also on the guest DT spot at Stamp something!! so deserved!!! :)
Hugs, Marlene xx

maxine said...

Hi Marcea There is something on my blog for you

rozzyb said...

Hi Marcea
if you pop over to my blog you will see a message for you
http://rozzyb.blogspot.com/2009/01/awards.html
roz xx

Fink said...

Wonderful! Good luck!

Shirley said...

What a fun and cute card! Love that mouse!!!

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes