Tuesday 27 January 2009

Driving with a smile to Sketch Saturday



I have some wonderful news for you all, my niece passed her driving test yesterday - woohoo ..... Well done Ayesha!!!!!!! Fortunately for me band rehearsal was cancelled last night due to a nasty virus sweeping the band (get well soon guys) which meant I had time to make a card to congratulate Ayesha. I was thrilled to bits when I saw this brilliant sketch on this weeks Sketch Saturday and knew it would be perfect.



I knew I needed an image with a car on it and I was in luck with this great RAK that Pops sent me a while ago - perfect!!!! Now, here is where I thought I was a bit clever, although you may not think so, lol. I decided to make the flowers the same as traffic lights and the ribbons across the bottom of the card were inspired by the tread of a tyre.Ok, maybe that will stretch the imagination a little but you get the idea. Just have to work out now how to post it without squishing my curly wurly bits of green card ... byeeeeeeeeee!
Image coloured with prismas, sakura clear glaze to windscreen, sakura stardust to 'chrome' on car, flowers and ribbon from joanna sheen, brads and spacers from poppicrafts, paper from BG offbeat pack, computer generated sentiment, swiss dots folder and nesties.

20 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Great card,luv Bella stamps there is one for every occasion!!! :o)x

Sally said...

Grat card! Your neice is going to love it.

Unknown said...

Totally LOVE that card!!!!! Very nice!!!

Raspberry Cupcake said...

What a fantastic card!

Nicola said...

Ayesha is going to adore this card Marcea, love these colours . . and your interpretation of traffic lights and tyre tread. xxx

nessy said...

what a perfect image for this card ~love your colouring!!
vanessa xx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is awesome Marcea, she's going to love it! What a fun color combo and papers. Love that image too, perfect for the occasion! Great job with this sketch. :)

Tasha said...

Fantastic card Marcea, love the traffic light inspired flowers and the ribbon tread - very funky
love tasha xx

Jana said...

Awesome card. Love the image, the papers - it is great!

Dawn♥ said...

Hey be sure you've check your email! This card is so cute and I love the image! :)

Tasha said...

Oh thanks marcea, had a fab lunch thanks - lots of gossiping about certain families my mum supossedly regaards friends lol!
Thanks ever so much for he images cant wait for them to arrive - if they arrive tomorrow ill kiss the postie, wish him luck lol x

Emma said...

Fantastic card...love it. Brilliant idea with the lights and tyre marks.
Emma x

Poppy said...

love the card, congrats on your award.
poppy

Bev said...

Marcea this is brilliant hun - love the image and your traffic light flowers lol. Fabulous and I love it!!

hugs Bev x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Fabulous card Marcea and just love the colours, ribbons and fun image, Hugs, Nikki x

Maria Matter said...

Oh, this is fabulous, Marcea! It was great you had this image!!!
Your neice will love it! The floral traffic light idea is just too adorable!
blessings, Maria

Beth said...

Oh I love it! The colours are fab and this stamp is so cool! xx

Pauline C said...

Love it Marcea - simple but very clever idea to have the trafic light flowers!
Pauline x

LavenderCards said...

lovely card Marcea.
K

clare said...

wow..this is great..love the idea of the colour combo with the traffic lights..brill..gorgeous card.
love clarex

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes