Friday 23 January 2009

Stamp Something GD card and some news


Good morning to you all, are you having a good week? Not long now til the weekend begins - woohoo!!! Friday again which means it is my last week as Guest Designer for Stamp Something . I can't believe it is 2 weeks already and my time as GD has come to an end. But ..... here is the brilliant news ..... I have been asked if I would like to stay on and become part of the Design Team!!! Of course I agreed immediately, so look out cos I am now an official member of their DT ... woohoo.
Calming down again, lol, and so onto this weeks challenge. The theme is RECIPE. Now I don't mind telling you I actually lost a bit of sleep over this one and did have a moment or two when I had no idea what I was going to make. In the end I thought of this ....

RECIPE FOR RELAXATION!




What more does a girl need after a hard day working to help forget the troubles of her day than this delightful recipe ..... bubble bath, wine and chocolate! Need I say any more!! No further instructions required, we all know what to do :o)




I have used a fab image from Pink Petticoat as my main design and stuck to a 'chocolate and cream' colour scheme throughout. I even managed to resist eating the chocolate whilst making the matching wrapper (aren't I good, lol) and avoided the wine. Something tells me though that they are likely to be demolished before bedtime tonight though.



The usual closer look at the main image. I am now in love with glamour dust! I love it - so easy to use even though everything ends up sparkling. Thanks to Dawny P for pointing me to the Paper Mill Shop where I made my little purchase.
Remember to pop over to the blog to see the other great creations by the DT and a huge thankyou to all who took part last week (over 100 of you, wow that is amazing!!)
Will finish talking now because this has ended up a looooong post (sorry). Enjoy your day, whatever you are doing
PP image coloured with prismas and glamour dust, papers from Antique Cream paper pack by Papermania, flower, brad and spacer from poppicrafts, ribbon from Joanna Sheen,

30 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Congratulations Marcea!!!!

Your set is gorgeous :o)x

Pop's Cards said...

Its a brilliant card, dont know about choccy though yuck, am i the only person who deosnt like it lol...

Congrats on your news to hugs pops x x x

Nicola said...

Congratulations on your DT position, you will do them proud with your super creations.Lurve this chocolate and cream theme Marcea and your recipe is perfect for all us girlies, ooh that bath looks so luxurious. Did you resist??? xxx

Jo said...

This is fabulous Marcea! Definitely a recipe I would use!

Welcome to the DT....great to have another Brit on the team!

Clare said...

Ooh Gorgeous colours Marces. Didn't mean to make you go a-hunting for your awar I was letting people know I had given them an award as I was writing the post, Then my laptop battery died on me and closed down before I had time to publish it. It's there now! Love, Clare x

cats whiskers said...

Big Congrats hun cannot wait to see what you come up with. This is just a beautiful creation I simple adore these fabulous colours together. And that is one of my fav pp images. TFS hun
big hugs
Jacqui xx

debby4000 said...

Congratulations on your DT place, not surprising when you make fabulous creations like this one, love it.
Word of warning about Glamour dust avoid using it just before cooking, families turn up their noses when their dinner glitters.

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Marcea what a gorgeous card hunny, i love the image and the colours you've used, stunning work! hugs Linda x

Sally said...

Congratulations Marcea! Your card is stunning. Love, love, love it.

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Hi Marcea! Welcome to the team, we are thrilled to have you! I just LOVE this recipe idea, so fun and beautiful too the way you've set up your photo! Love your card, gorgeous details and coloring. This is a perfect interpretation of this challenge! :)

Erin... said...

Welcome to the DT Marcea we are so excited to have you as a part of the team:) Love your recipe. I think I may try it out tonight!! Gorgeous projects!!!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Huge congrats babe xxx on your DT post ,realy pleased for you xxx
fabulous card so pretty and gorgeous
hugs Dawnxx

Pauline C said...

Wow that is scrummylicious! And woo hoo on the making permanent of your DT post :-) I'm in temp job at work .. any hints on how I might get them to make that permanent lol??
Hope you have a chillin' time sampling the wine and chocs later!
Pauline x

Louise said...

Gorgeous card, Marcea, I love Pink Petticoat!
And . . . CONGRATULATIONS for being asked to stay on as a Design Team Member!! Well done you, I bet you're bouncing off the ceiling.
Have a great weekend,
Louise x

Rach said...

congratulations Marcea on becoming a fully fledged dt member..whoo hoo. love your recipe, fabulous. hugs rachxxx

Donna said...

You have some amazing cards on your blog Marcea and I have thoroughly enjoyed wandering through them. I hope you drank the glass of bubbly after you had taken your photo lol! I was also tempted by the Smirk goodies in the range last week, I only went in for some bin bags! :) Donna x

Alex said...

Welcome to the team Marcea - your project this week is AMAZING, I just love your take on the challenge!! Whoohoo, girl - awesome stuff! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Emma said...

Marcea your card is stunning... loving how you have taken the pic.
Throw a few handbags and shoes in and what else could us girls ask for.
HUGE congrats on your DT post, you so deserve it.
Have a lovely wk end hun.
Emma x

Bev said...

Congrats Marcea - WTG hun!!!!

Fabulous card, and choccie wrapper and wine lol. Love the colour scheme and the image is gorgeous. I'm so with you on the Glamour Dust even if it does get everywhere

hugs Bev x

Bev said...

ps. Sorry to tell you but you have been tagged lol

huggles Bev x

Emily said...

This is beautiful! Love the colors and layout! Great recipe =)! Welcome to the DT!! =)

Lauren said...

Welcome to the team Marcea! Your creation is just fabulous.

LavenderCards said...

gorgeous card Marcea.great colours
Katherine

Poppy said...

congratulations, gorgeous card and wrapper.
poppy

Jill said...

gorgeous card and theme Marcea, I love the colour combo and the image it's just perfect hugs Jill x

Sam said...

Congrats on becoming a permanent member of the DT. They obviously couldn't let you slip through their fingers! Your card is gorgeous, great image and colours. Sam x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Just so gorgeous Marcea and totally yummy, Congratulations on your new DT position and am so not surprised as your cards are beautiful, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Absolutely wonderful card and chocolate wrapper.
Hugs
Carole x

Shirley said...

She is adorable and the card is beautiful!!!

Emma said...

Wow, love it :) Well done on being on the design team!

Em xx

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes