Saturday 10 January 2009

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Colour Scheme


Wow, Saturday already which can mean only one thing ... a brand new challenge on PBSC . We would love to see PINK and BROWN on your cards this week - just love this colour combo. I have noticed quite a few cards made these last few days with this combo so it looks like lots of you love it too.

This week there are some fab stickers up for grabs for some lucky person. Be sure to include something by Penny Black on your card and leave us a comment with your link on our blog. Remember to check back later today to see who won last weeks prize.




So, onto my card for this week. As soon as I found out the colour combo I knew exactly which image I wanted. The card came together so easily - isn't it just a joy when that happens.


I have edged the image and sentiment with my prismas and blended. I am loving the softer look it gives and will do this more often I think. Also used my new spacers and cute button brad from Poppicrafts and am in love with them!!
Please have a look at all the DT cards - they are absolutely wonderful and I want them all, lol. Have a lovely weekend :o)
'You're a treasure!' coloured with prismas, paper from PM's Simply Elegant pack, studio g sentiment stamp heat embossed with gold EP, flowers from Joanna Sheen, nesties, spacers and button brad from poppicrafts, brads from stash

29 comments:

Tasha said...

Gorgeous card i love the eva papers they're my faves!
love tasha xx

Mrs Wonka said...

Wow MARCEA this is stunning!

Mrs W xxx

Nicola said...

I love these gorgeous papers and your colouring is perfect as always.
Great colour combo and fabby embellies, simply a beautiful card.
xxx

cats whiskers said...

Hi Hun, hope you are well, this is a great card as usual love the layout and that cute image
Have a great weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Marcea,love the adorable hedgies and the papers are just yummy.
Have a great weekend! Debbie x

Rach said...

ooo such a beautiful card, gorgeous papers. hugs rachxx

Powerful Search Engine said...

Gorgeous card! Pascale :)

Pauline C said...

Fab and adorable card Marcea .. love the way you ahve placed the paper with the wswirls, and your colouring. I've just got some new spacers too ... love the way you have used thema nd i must have a go today :-)
have a good weekend
Pauline x

nessy said...

adorable card ~love those two colours together ~just perfect
vanessa xx

Sally said...

Beautiful card. Love the flowers. I love the pink and brown.

Pop's Cards said...

Aww this is really pretty and pink and brown are my fav colours, an award for you on my blog, hugs Pops x x x

tracie said...

Hi Marcea, oh wow hun this is gorgoeus - this image is adorable and love the fab blooms. Fabulous as always hun.
Have a great weekend
hugs
Tracie :)x

p.s the little pacakge will be in the post Monday, had a few problems with the PC this week xx

Bev said...

Absolutely adorable!!! I love those papers hunny - I think they work with every image going lol.

Have a fabby weekend babes

hugs Bev x

Poppy said...

love the card, one of my fave colour combos.
poppy

Larissa said...

Very cute card

Hugs, Larissa

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card Marcea...love the image and that paper is yummy
Hugs
kath
xxxx

Clare said...

Ooh those button brads look the best! Thank you so much for your nice comment on my blog. This is a gorgeous card. Love the colours you have used. Love, Clare x

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Marcea, love BG papers!
Clairex

Suzanne said...

Oh Marcea this is beautiful I am loving these papers with this image and I too love the beautiful soft look. Sue :o)

Beth said...

This is fab Marcea! I love the shades you've used and the flowers are so pretty! I hope you're having a great weekend! xx

maxine said...

This is a beautiful card Marcea, love the paper and layout, think i will give this challenge ago.

Sue said...

Oh beautiful card, luv the design,great colouring, sue.x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh your card is stunning Marcea and adore the sweet image and the gorgeous papers, Hugs, Nikki x

Chris said...

Absolutely beautiful Marcea! I love those hedgies and your colouring is superb. Love all the details and gorgeous paper. Fantastic news on your guest DT too, that's brilliant, well done, it's so well deserved and I hope you have fun. Hugs, Chris x

Anonymous said...

Morning Marcea :)
Your card is just the cutest of cute, love your colouring and the challenge was fab!
Have a great week!
Hugs, Marlene x

Ali Watson said...

Adorable card, Marcea. Love it.

Helen said...

Gorgeous! Love the papers and all your lovely embellies!
Helen x

rozzyb said...

Such a beautiful card. I love it xx

Shirley said...

How absolutely adorable and beautiful too! I love all of the embellishments you used to support your really cute image!

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes