Wednesday 20 October 2010

Simon Says ... Give Thanks!


Morning, oops I am a little late with my post today .... guess who had an AMAZING sleep last night! I feel better than yesterday so looks like I am on the mend - woohoo!!!!



On Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week we are supporting a worthy cause ... you can read all about the details on our challenge blog but basically we want as many of you as possible to send a Thanksgiving or Christmas card so that they can be passed on to the elderly that either live alone, in nursing homes or who visit care centres. What a wonderful idea. We all have lots of cards in our craft rooms that would be perfect so please, please send what you can. Make sure you pop over to the challenge blog for details.

I am so happy to welcome the crazy lady that is Miss Dawny P as our Guest Designer for the next 4 challenges - woohoo, sure you will be as happy as a pig in muck my dear!

So to fit in with this our theme this week is Thanksgiving/Thanks



The winner will get a fab $25 spending spree online at Simon Says Stamp Superstore!!!



I have made a thankyou card this week (I am going to send a christmas card to the card drive) and oh boy .... look ..... I have dug out one of my Penny Black's - it is a long long time since I used one of these beauties. I really love the vintage stamps ... she is just adorable. There is a huge selection to choose from online at Simon Says Stamp Superstore.


The papers are so pretty and I felt the colours had quite a vintage feel to them. They are from the Cosmo Cricket 'Mini Love' deck .... love, love, love these papers.


Excuse my rubbish colouring this week, I am afraid my nose and eyes were streaming so much it is a wonder I managed to get it done at all ...... promise to do better tomorrow, lol.

Challenges

Penny Black Saturday - A Sketch
Charisma Cardz - More than 1 Fold
Pixie Dust Studios - Fall into Fall
Allsorts - Bingo ... punch, tag, ribbon



Still being good and making easels even though it takes me forever to do! I do love the finished look though so deffo worth the extra time.

Please pop back later for my next sneak peek that I have been sharing with you all week.
Byeeeeeeeeee xxx

19 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Marcea, Gorgeous card! I love this sweet PB image and fab papers.

Lisa x

angelwhispers said...

Beautiful Marcea just love the colours you have used and this paper is just gorgeous!! Chanelle xxx

Pauline C said...

Yoo hoo Marcea - how are you hun? Totally love this card - fab colorus and adorable iamge. Lvoe the easel with a little tag area - must try it! Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
Pauline x

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous! Love all the details. And I want to thank you for supporting Caring Hearts Card Drive. Generosity from crafty people like you who made this drive possible. Thank you! Hugs!

Sue said...

Hi ya Marcea
aww a beautiful card, lovely image & colouring, gorgeous papers & embelies, luv the colour tone, sue,x

Riet said...

So wonderful card Marcea,I love the image and the colours.
So beautiful papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

Larisa said...

Beautiful card)) The image i s so gentle!!! Love the glittering a lot)

Lorraine A said...

super cute gorgeous card Marcea :-) the image is adorable and the easel and all the details are lovely :-) I love how you have the tag tucked away there to write on ,,, fab idea :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Mandy said...

Hi hunny, your card is gorgeous Marcea, love the sweet image and your colouring looks beautiful even with the streaming eyes.
Hope you feel better really soon hun, I know just how you feel, I resemble Rudolphs twin at the mo lol
hugs Mandy xx

Jane said...

Oh this is gorgeous hun!! I've never seen this image - she's so adorable! gorgeous colours too! hugs, Jane xxx

Heather said...

Hi Marcea, gorgeous card - love the colours and pretty papers. That image is adorable and I love your design.
Hope you're feeling tons better now hun.
hugs Heather xx

Joey said...

Hi Marcea

gorgeous card, love the detail, those papers are beautiful,thanks forjoining us at pbsc

Joey.xx

tiggertastic said...

adore your card, that image suites the papers so well and the overall style is out of this world in rich vintage colours.

sarah xx
tiggertastic blog

Kath Stewart said...

just adorable marcea...nice to have you join in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Such a great card Marcea, love the papers you have used!!

Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

Emma xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh Marcea this is gorgeous and so adorable.
Thanks for joining at PBSC this week and using my sketch.
luv
Debby

Mummylade said...

this is adorable. So glad you liked my bingo challenge at Allsorts this week. Thanks for playing and good luck!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Hi Marcea,

How GORGEOUS!! I really love the colors and the touch of lace!

I am thankful for your beautiful creations each week!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp

Ali Watson said...

Scrummy card huni, loving this image. Hugs Ali x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes