Friday 27 February 2009

Stamp Something .... Brrrrrrrr


Friday again ..... thank goodness .... think I say that every week, lol! Well, my tooth is fixed and it didn't even make too much of a hole in my purse either so that is a relief :o) I think I should just be grateful I have a dentist - I know so many people struggle to get one these days.

Now, this weeks challenge on Stamp Something is a bit different to all the others that are going on at the moment. Many other blogs are getting you in the mood for spring but not us , lol ...... oh no ....... we want to see a cold, winter/windy themed card! I knew straight away which image I wanted to use but have to admit that I do not know how I ended up choosing this colour combo! Having said that I kind of like it so am pleased I tried it.

I have used BG and Laura Ashley papers - I really like the mix of the two papers - I hope you do too. Kept it pretty simple really although I have to admit I was tempted to add more, especially to the top right corner, hmmmm managed to resist though. I followed this weeks sketch on Papertake Weekly by the fabulous Dawny (luv ya chick) and turned it on it's side to suit the image better.




Flowers (as usual) from Poppicrafts and I have used one of my lovely new sparkly PM brads ... love these! Another computer generated sentiment, must admit I quite like doing these on the computer now I have some nice fonts :o) My final touch is oodles of glamour dust just about everywhere, lol .... well, poor little Tilda expects it now!!
Please pay a visit to see the rest of the DT's work and to see the fab prize by this weeks sponsor ..... Whimsey Stamps
Have a wonderful day ... not long til the weekend!

24 comments:

Tasha said...

WOw Marcea what a beautiful card it is gorgeous. Glad you liked the little package cant wait to see bella carrying it on her back lol
love tasha xx

Riet said...

o Marcea,what a beautiful card,l love the colours.

hugs Riet.xx

debby4000 said...

Lovely card, beautiful Tilda.

Diane.W. said...

OOOO Beautiful card Marcea,I like v much!!! Have a nice day :o)x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Hello Marcea, hope you are well hunny. Wow, what a gorgeous card i love that image! hugs Linda x

Victoria said...

she is beautiful - love how you have coloured her x

Rach said...

oh this is gorgeus Marcea, love the colours,what a fab combo, glad to hear that your tooth is all fixed.xx

Nicola said...

Brrr you are making me shiver, brilliant card and love this combo Marcea. xxx

Sally said...

Stunning card. Love the golds and blues.

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card Marcea! Love the yellows too. The flower is fabulous. That image is super sweet and colored perfectly. Well done on this challenge. :)

cats whiskers said...

fabulous dear I just adore the colours you have used and she is such a sweetie
Hugs Jacqui x

Erin... said...

perfect image for this challenge!! love the layout and colors!! glad to hear your tooth is feeling better!

Emily said...

Beautiful card Marcea! Your image is perfect! Love the colors! The glitter looks great!

Debbie said...

A gorgeous card Marcea, the colours are beautiful and I love all the sparkle too!
Glad to hear you got your tooth fixed. Debbie x

Mrs Mayne said...

Lovely card! Great image and colours! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Pauline C said...

Fantastic colour scheme Marcea - so suits the image, and the image so suits both the cold and windy theme - love it! Glad you got the tooth fixed ... bring on the Starbucks and muffins lol!!
pauline x

Lisa H. said...

what a pretty card. love that image and the yellow really helps warm up the card. TFS!

Melissa said...

Beautiful job Marcea! The colors blend beautifully together and sometimes less is more right? :o)

Many Blessings,
M.

6 wacky women said...

So pretty, Marcea.
I do love the colors, sweet
image too.

Karen x

Emma said...

Wow gorgeous hunny...lurve the colour combo.
Fantastic to hear your tooth is sorted and not cost too much of your hard earned cash!!! Lol
Emma x

Carole said...

Really pretty card, such a gorgeous Tilda :-)
Hugs
Carole x

Anonymous said...

Marcea, this is so beautiful! Love the wonderful color combo, it is unexpected but looks really, really great with the elements you have used. Very fresh!

Bev said...

Ooooh I really love this one babes - how delish are the colours you have used!!! Simply stunning! xx

Jo said...

Fabulous card Marcea and a perfect image for this week's challenge!

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes