Wednesday 25 February 2009

ABC Challenge - C is for ........


Hello and a good morning to you all. It is great to see you all again, hope your week is going well. Yesterday I was moaning on about my computer and today, well, I am moaning again. Would you believe I broke my tooth yesterday .,.... ouch - so it is a trip to the dentist for me today :o( I am gutted because I was supposed to be meeting some crafty friends today ... sob, but I am sure they will spend enough for me aswell!

A huge thankyou to all who entered last week, more and more of you are joining in and it is great to see. I hope you can all join us for this weeks challenge .....

C is for ....... A Child's Card!





Straight away I knew I wanted to use this fab High Hopes image (kindly sent as a RAK) - isn't he just brill. I really enjoyed colouring him and really tried to bring lots of colour to his big fat body, lol. I think I may have to invest in this stamp - perfect for all those little boys. I very nearly made it a pink and purple girly dragon ..... maybe next time :o)



Dusted these papers off from the back of my stash - they are by DCWV from the Retro Prints pack. I followed this weeks sketch by Friday Sketchers and it was so easy to follow - loved it! Just a couple of embellishments from my stash to finish it off ... easy peasy!
Wondering if it would be bad of me to have my usual starbucks and cake before the dentist, lol, who knows I may be numb for hours afterwards and I could starve!!!! Probably best to fill up first on yumminess!
Have a lovely day whatever you do.

32 comments:

Jen said...

Oooh that is a nice stamp! Great card Marcea.
Jen x

Ali Watson said...

this is fab, love the image so cute. love the papers too. Have a super day.

Diane.W. said...

O No!!! I hope you go on ok at the Dentist,YUK!!!
Your card is gorgeous & the colouring is fabulous.

Enjoy your Starbucks :o)x

Tasha said...

Marcea another scrummy card - i love the image love tasha xx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

poor you! hope the tooth and dentist isn't too harrowing for you hun

great cards

hugs jane x

debby4000 said...

Love the dragon and perfect card for a boy.

debby4000 said...

Love the dragon and perfect card for a boy.

Mrs Wonka said...

Oh I hope the dentist goes okay, I say have 2 bits of cake just in case!!!!!!

I love this card, well I love all yuor cards but this one is right up my street!

Z xxx

Nicola said...

Ooh this dragon is super, love his nice coloured tummy and he will be loved by any little lad.
Good luck at dentist´s and spoil yourself at Starbuck´s. xxx

Beth said...

This is so fab! I love his little belly! I'd say definitely go for the Starbucks, you'll need the energy! I hope it goes well! xx

Lauren said...

Great card! I love the paper and the buttons.

cats whiskers said...

Oh Hun this is just the perfect childs card, love your colouring of the cute dragon and the papers and button are just perfect for it
Hugs Jacqui x

Erin... said...

So fun and festive!! Love the image and the super colors!

Crissy Armstrong said...

I so love what you did with the dragon stamp! Wonderful coloring, wow, beautiful card!

Pop's Cards said...

LOL at the big fat belly, he is gorgeous isnt he, coloured perfect too, hugs Pops xx x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Adorable Marcea! Love the fun papers and the layout. Great image too, he's sweet! That bottle cap accent is great. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Marcea you loverly one you!!!!:)..Your card is `beautiful`..I left a coupla Awards on my blog for you!!!
Have a lovely Evening:)~X~

nessy said...

perfect childs card ~just love that birthday dragon ~beautifully coloured
vanessa xx

Sally said...

Your card is adorable. I hope the dentist visit wasn't too painful. Yep best to have those goodies first.

Riet said...

o Marcea,what a gorgeous card,l love the image.

hugs Riet.xx

Katy said...

Hope the dentist was ok honey.

We missed you today, Emma and I had some cake for you :P

xx

Lana Clarke said...

Thanks for dropping by blog and for your lovely comment Marcea. Your work is fab and your colouring amazing..
Hugs
Lana x

Katy said...

We had probs at The Range in Scunthorpe, they said same to us about the Creativity Magazine!! We went to a garden centre in Brigg and The Range at Hull and they both had the mags!!

xx

Emma said...

Fabby card...the image is fab.
Hope the dentist went well and you got your starbucks!!
Your cake was yummy....Pmsl
Emma x

Bev said...

He is indded brill and you have done the most amazing colouring job on him hun - what a brilliant card! Hope the dentist wasn't too paiinful (tooth and purse wise!!) huggles Bev x

Ginny said...

LOVE that image..great card :0)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card...love the image and your wonderful colouring :-)
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Hugs
Carole x

Rach said...

what gorgeous card Marcea, love how ou have coloured him, such fabb colours. hope that your tooth is better now and that it wasn't too painful.
Oh and Aaron just rang. so i have to eat my words about him forgetting..lol

Dawn Wheeler said...

Gorgeous card babe xxx
fabulous image and papers ,love it ,xxx
do hope your tooth will be ok ,hugs Dawnxxx

Pauline C said...

Wow this is a fabulous stamp Marcea and brilliantly coloured - really adorable. And how cutei s that bottle top embelly for a boy?? Oh hun sorry to hear about your tooth - hope you get it sorted without too much pain and expense! I think you should defo fill up on the coffee & cakes to take your mind off it!
Hugs
Pauline x

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous childs card Marcea, hope all went well at the dentist!
Clairex

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Marcea, love the image and the beautiful dp. Hugs Nikki x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes