Sunday 22 February 2009

2 cards for 3 challenges!



Charisma Cardz 'Hugs and Cuddles' & The Pink Elephant 'All that Glitters'




Good morning, well I did manage a lie in yesterday after my night out and yes, poor hubby got up ready to take Ryan to band but ...... it wasn't on because it is half term, lol - Poor Glen!! Never mind, at least Ryan remembered so they didn't leave the house or anything but Glen did wake me up to tell me .... hmmm I do love him really!
Ok, so here are a couple of cards for today. This is one for a lady at work. She loved the Valentine's cards I made her daughters and asked me to make a birthday card for a friend of her daughters. I have used this gorgeous Whiff of Joy image and gone slightly over the top again with my glamour dust, lol.


I have made the sentiment on my computer and used my nesties. The papers are some of my total favourites by Making Memories (hate using them, lol) and the flowers are from the fab Poppicrafts. I got the little heart charm from a craft show I went to in Doncaster last year (really need to buy loads of this sort of thing next month in Harrogate).


-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-






Cute Card Thursday 'Signs of Spring' & The Pink Elephant 'All that Glitters'




Here is my 2nd card for today and it one for a new home. I thought the Pink Petticoat image and colours would fit nicely with the theme on CCT and it certainly sparkles enough for The Pink Elephant. The papers were from a pack by Papermania and I got them in the sale a while ago for a really silly price - love a bargain! I don't often use yellows and orange but it was a nice for a change from my usual pinks, purples etc.



The ric rac is from one of the christmas ribbon sets that Papermania did a couple of months ago, always handy to have in. Now look closely ... yes .... peel offs!!!! Not sure when I last used them but again, handy to have in your stash. These little holographic flowetrs and 'dots??' were just what this card needed to give it a little more bling!
The sun is shining here and it is a gorgeous day - hope you all enjoy your Sunday :o)

25 comments:

Nicola said...

Two very beautiful cards Marcea. I love your layout on the WOJ which you have coloured beautifully and these papers are gorgeous. Your New Home card is awesome too. Looks as though the list just gets longer and longer for Harrogate teehee. -x-

Pop's Cards said...

Both really gorgeous cars hun, i love that second image with the bird house, great colours to my fav is orange, dont get to use it much either...

Have a great sunday hugs Pops x x

Mrs Wonka said...

These are fab.....I love them both.

Mrs W x

Diane.W. said...

Beautiful cards.Have a nice day :o)x

Poppy said...

love them both,
poppy

Leanne said...

Wow, gorgeous! Beautiful image and the colours are gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at the Charisma Cardz Challenge - good luck!
Leanne :o)
xx

Dawny P said...

Fab fab fab xxxxx Love them both, but the gold house card is just awesome sweet cheeks xxxxx

Riet said...

woww Marcea,what a beautiful cards,l love the colours.

hugs Riet.xx

Vee said...

Beautiful cards and really nice colours.Thans for joining the challenge at Charisma cardz this week. Good luck.
xx Vee

Annie said...

Gorgeous cards both of them. Love Whiff of Joy stamps and that is one of my favourite images. Thanks for joining in the Pink Elephant challenge this week - we love to see different peoples work.

Ann xxx

Unknown said...

What lovely cards you have made. Sorry your lie-in didn't work out as planned though! Love your take on our them this week. Thanks so much for joining in with CCT. Lol Lynn ♥

Robin said...

What fabulous cards Marcea!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Pink Elephant this week! We hope to see you back again next week.
Robin
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

Joy said...

Lovely cards Marcea. I love your colouring and those papers are truly fab. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Joy xx

CraftyC said...

Lovely cards Marcea, I do like the gold ric rac, really effective!
Clairex

Anneke said...

just beautiful cards and layouts

Anonymous said...

Wow Marcea, such lovely cards, your colouring is perfect...love the first card and details.
Hugs
Carole x

Unknown said...

Marcea~

These are both such beautiful cards! India is such a lucky girl! I love that stamp :)

xxTina

Carol said...

Great cards Marcea! love the cute birdhouse....thanks for joining us at TPE this week......hope to see you again :)

Hugs
Carol x

Sally said...

2 fabulous cards. I really love the birdhouse. Maybe it is because I am so ready for spring. LOL

Debbie said...

Two gorgeous cards Marcea, both cards are beautifully coloured and I love the images. Debbie x

Bubbles said...

FAbulous cards Marcea, great layouts and I love the images you have used. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
Joanne x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Both creations are gorgeous Marcea and love how you personalised the first card. Gorgeous colouring as always, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Bev said...

Two gorgeous cards babes, I'm LOVING the WOJ one. those papers and colours are stunning. Love the layout too. Love the image on the second card and the colours are so delish. huggles Bev x

Cheryl said...

They are both beautiful cards,I love the images and your colouring!!!

The Crafty Blonde said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and the fresh colours used. Thanks for joining us this week on Charisma.
Lyndsey xx

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes