Tuesday 10 February 2009

Inspirational Card Sketches #3


Good morning, well here we are again on a brand new week with ICS and you are in for a treat! We have another fabulous sketch from Dawn to play with and it is gorgeous. I am so happy with how my card turned out that I will definately be using this sketch in the future!


I am officially IN LOVE with BG papers and I think these from the Offbeat pack are now my new favourites (for today, lol). I just love the colour combo - BG really does take all the hard work away from mixing papers :o)



This little beauty was sent to me as a RAK from a special friend - thanks babe, I love her. Coloured with my trusty prismas and sansador - I think I even used a pencil that I had never used before, lol!! Brads, flowers and spacers are from Poppicrafts, Dovecraft and my retro punch. Not much else to tell really - hope you like it.
Thanks to all of you who entered our first week - I loved looking at your takes on the sketch - so much variety. Hope to see you all playing along this week too.
A bit of fab news now ..... I HAVE WON SOMETHING!!!! Hehehehehe think I am excited??? You bet. I have just opened an email from the fab Clare Curd (Designer for DoCrafts) to tell me I have won some goodies for displaying her blinkie in my sidebar for her brand new range Signature Range which is due to be launched very, very soon. Smiling all day now :o) Thanks so much Clare!
Have a fab day :o)
Edit ... Whilst bloghopping I found a blog challenge I didn't know about (where have I been !!). The theme is flowers so I am going to enter my card to Arty Girlz . Well, you know how I love my flowers .... :o)

30 comments:

clare said...

congrats hun..was just over on clare's blog and noticed your name..well done and i can't wait to see what you creat with your new goodies xx

aww..marcea..this card is gorgeous..love the image and the colours are yummy,you'v coloured her in so beautifuly.
hope your well,love clare xx

Rach said...

this is gorgeous Marcea, love your cute hangler image xx

Nicola said...

Ooh what scrummy dp´s, think I am in love with them too, lol. Love your image and beautiful colouring Marcea and your flowers are pretty yummy too.
Congrats on your win you, bet you´re still smiling. xxx

Kim Costello said...

Gorgeous card Marcea, love everything... the papers, the image is coloured beautifully, and your take on the sketch is wonderful! Well done on your win, HuGs Kim :D

Mrs Wonka said...

ohhhhhh well done on your fabby win! I thought I had put it on my blog and hadn't so no wonder I didn;t win! LOL
Fabby card as well, xxx

Sally said...

Marcea,
Love your card and the papers. Also congrats on your win. Its always nice to have a surprise. (Especially a crafting surprise)

Diane.W. said...

Very gorgeous card Marcea!!! Luv the colours & papers.

I won Clare's goodies too,woohoo!!! :o)x

nessy said...

gorgeous card ~ yes amazing papers ~just perfect with this cute little girl ~she is adorable!!
you are so talented.
congrats on your big win ~enjoy
vanessa xx

Pauline C said...

Wowee Marcea - gorgeous card. Fab colouring and layout and those BG papers are just gorge .. haven't seen them before ... want them now lol!! Must go and check out this sketch challenge :-)
Pauline x

Anonymous said...

Your card is `gorgeous` Marcea...love those papers...
`beautiful`..
and Yaah `Well Done ` to you enjoy your goodies!!!
Have a lovely dAY:)~x~

Ali Watson said...

Fabulous card, love the papers and image is fab. Congrats on your win too.

Olena said...

Nice card! Love it! ~Olena~

Tasha said...

Hey hun this is such a stunning card- its so so beautiful
love tasha xx

Bev said...

Yep, those are my fave papers too hun, I wonder why lol. You have coloured the image to perfection. A total dream of a card!

Congrats on your win too!!

hugs Bevx

Riet said...

wowww o,Marcea,what a beautiful card.

hugs Riet.

Anonymous said...

Really pretty card and beautiful colouring.
Hugs
Carole x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow stunning card babe xx fabulous as always ,hugs Dawnxxx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Marcea, love the cute image and your beautiful colouring. Hugs Nikki x

Oliva Ohlson said...

Marcea,
Just absolutely darling! Sweet!
BTW Congratulations on last week's Color Throwdown challenge!!!
Thank you so much for the very welcome comments to my cards :-)

Anonymous said...

So soooo cute hon - and the colours are fab..... you are sooooooo good at this crafting lark.

Sam
x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Gorgeous card Marcea, love the blues and those beautiful papers. Such a sweet image too, love that flower. Congrats on your goodies win too, fun! :)

Tricia said...

so stinkin cute!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Love the colour combination. Thanks.

cats whiskers said...

Congrats hun and also congrats on an absolutely wnderful card just adore this one it is perfect
Hugs Jacqui x

Stamp-o-maticmama said...

cute cute cute

Julie Allain said...

Indeed Marcea where have you been !! I'm glad you've found us now tee hee

Thanks for joining in with this weeks Arty Girlz challenge your card is STUNNING!!

Hope to see you next Tuesday for another challenge ;)

No pressure lol

Julie xx

Crissi Harvey said...

stunning card Marcea love the colours and your colouring is perfect.

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

crissi xx

Susie Sugar said...

Congratulations Marcea, and this card is so lovely , I love this image and the colours you have used are just so right for it
Love Susie xx

aardvarkpest said...

This is so sweet. I love the papers and the colours you have chosen.

Glenda

Janna said...

This is too, too awesome!! this is my absolute favorite paper from BG so of course I was drawn to this stunning creation! Beautiful coloring as well as layout!

sMiles,
janna

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes