Wednesday 11 February 2009

ABC .... Let's start all over again!


Good morning, and here we are at the start of a brand new alphabet! Thankyou so much for all of you who have taken part - we would like to thank each and every one of you .... without you taking part each week we just wouldn't have this great blog challenge.

So let's get started again, right at the beginning


A is for Anniversary

We are going to be a teensy bit kind and allow valentine/love themed cards this week too, so you have no excuse not to join in. There are some gorgeous papers up for grabs for one lucky winner - check out the blog and DT cards for inspiration whilst you are there.



Now, I told my mum on the telephone last night that I had made a card without a single flower on it - I don't think she believed me, lol .... but look .... not a single bloom!!! I followed a great sketch by Katharina on this weeks High Hopes blog (obviously couldn't enter my card but loved the sketch so much that I had to do it!). I think this may end up being a card for my hubby - think he would appreciate the lack of flowers :o)


I have coloured, as usual, with my prismas, papers from BG Two Scoops pack. Made my sentiment on the computer again and have used these cute card candies in each corner of the image. All finished off with a pretty organza ribbon. This only took me about 2 hours - this is a quick card for me!!! I am really pleased with it - think it is the BG papers, they just seem to make me like my cards more, lol.
Being cheeky again and entering my card for a couple of challenges ... (well, I do miss out not joining in as much - would give up work but wouldn't have any pennies to spend!) ...
Dutch Dare ... Create a love themed card using no pink or red
Lili of the Valley ... Creations for men

Right, that's your lot for now. Going to spend my day off doing as little housework as possible ... as much crafting as possible and then try and fit a Starbucks and cake in somewhere in between!! Have a great day :o)

38 comments:

Sally said...

Fabulous Card!

Nicola said...

Wot . . . no flowers ????
Ooh this card is gorgeous, love the blue´s and greens´and these dp´s go beautiful with this image.
I still can´t believe not a single flower has been used but again defo not necessary on this little beauty. xxx

Dawny P said...

Beautiful colours here chick - and that image is one of my faves cos it is soooo sweet. Fabbydoodles card and I love it xxxx

Conibaer said...

Your card is gorgeous!!!

Diane.W. said...

Gorgeous!!!! Luv the colours.
Have a luvly day off!!! :o)x

cats whiskers said...

Oh Hun this is just beautiful love those colours together just perfect, I never think of uing blue and green bit they are stunning together
Hugs jacqui x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful colours and the SK image is perfect.

Jo Austin said...

Hi Marcea..

as a follower of my blog, can you please revisit and change your 'followship' to my other new blog.

thanks hunny.
Jo xx

Sally said...

Gorgeous card. love your colouring and the colour combo - suoed fab.
Sally. x

Rach said...

gorgeous Marcea, a wonderful colour combo and gorgeous image beautifully coloured. you could have had Amour ( for the love bit) ;p
have a fun dayxx

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so so darling, Love your card.

Christine Riley said...

Gorgeous card, I love it! Love the colors and coloring.
Hugs, Christine :)

Tasha said...

Another amazing card Marcea - its fabulous. Your designs are always awesome
love tasha xx

Ali Watson said...

Fabulous card, loving the colour combo and that image is super.

nessy said...

adorable ~beautifully coloured ~love those colours together ~ scrummy papers!
vanessa xx

Victoria said...

it si absolutely gorgeous hun x

Cathy said...

Fab card Marcea - I love the colour scheme and those papers.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Julie said...

Beautiful card.
Julie x

maxine said...

Beautiful card Marcea, so cute.

Poppy said...

love the card, great colours.
poppy

Bev said...

Aren;t you good!! No flowers - best go lie down in a darkened room babes!

I love this card - you've also used the delish green/blue colour combo which is fast becoming my new fave. It's such a fab card babes - brilliant colouring and a brilliant design

hugs Bev x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Gorgeous Marcea! Love your color combo and the pretty coloring on that image. That image is just too sweet too, perfect for an anniversary card. Beautiful work hun! :)

LavenderCards said...

lovely card.
K

Karin said...

Beautifull card!!!
I love the colours and great papers you've used.
And that cute image is so sweet.
Thanks for joining the DDCC this week.

xoxo karin

Gina said...

Gorgeous card, love the layout you have used and all of the lovely papers
Gina xxx

Crissy Armstrong said...

Just stunningly gorgeous, Marcea! Wow, you are an awesome card designer!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Gorgeous card ,fabulous colouring and papers ,hugs Dawnxx

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card Marcea - adorable image and beautiful colouring ... and those BG papers are amongst my favourites (actually i think all BG papers are my favourites lol!!)
Pauline x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your card is stunning Marcea and just love the gorgeous papers and layout, Your colouring of this sweet stamp is beautiful, Hugs, Nikki

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Marcea. Love the images and the colouring is beautiful. Yummy papers also. Michele x

Nicola said...

Hi Marcea,
I hope you are enjoying your evening and snow is settling? Have left a little something on my blog for you. xxx

Susie Sugar said...

So sweet, beautiful card
Hugs Susie xx

Pearl said...

Just darling ! your coloring is just fab !

Bettan said...

This card is very beutiful and romantic :-)
Wish you a nice weekend and a happy valentine!
Elisabeth

Jill said...

ohh Marcea it's absolutely gorgeous I love this image and beautiful papers you've used hugs Jill x

Janna said...

Another fabulous card! I just love this image from Sarah Kay and you colored it perfectly!! I love BG papers as well and these are wonderful for a masculine themed card!

Smiles,
janna

Emma said...

Gorgeous image and colours...love it.
Emma x

Victoria said...

i adore this colour chemem and the image is fantastic xx

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes