Saturday 27 September 2008

Whiff of Joy #1 / CCT #29


Hi there, happy Saturday to you all!! I have had the most fun ever making this card. I really didn't want to finish it - that's how much I was enjoying it. I have finally got my hands on some of the wonderful Whiff of Joy stamps and I am in my element. They are gorgeous ... I am in love and am going to have to get some more very, very soon!!! So, here it is ... my card for the very first Whiff of Joy challenge. For the first challenge we had a great sketch to follow by Katharina (who I still love even though I didn't make the DT - I'll be back in 2 months for the next call, lol!!!). This card came together so easy although it ended up completely different to how I originally planned it to be. I can't wait for next weeks challenge ... wonder what it will be?


Because I managed to get a few sparkly bits here and there, lol, I have also entered it for this weeks Cute Card Thursday which is 'lots of sparkle'. I added some enchanted gold EP to one of my flowers and it really changed the look of it - will deffo use this more on my brads and flowers as xmas approaches I think. I made the plaited ribbon by taking 3 colours of papermania's sparkling trims and errr... plaited them together.


Whiff of Joy 'Willow' coloured with prismas, papers from Anita's Classic Cristmas Red pack, Cuddly Buddly sentiment heat embossed with Gold EP, Papermania ribbon, Prima flowers, brads and gems from stash, glitter gel pens to colour holly on sentiment.

19 comments:

Donalda said...

Wow this is just gorgeous dear. I so love the colors and your coloring man you are good dear
Thanks for joining us for the challenge dear

Sally said...

Marcea,
Absolutely stunning. I adore the colors!
I have left a little something for you on my blog

Anonymous said...

Great card hon - got to agree, those stamps are fantastic.

Sam
x

Bev said...

Oooh this is just fan-blooming-tastic hunny - I love the rich, traditional colours. The altered flowers are stunning - must try this one. Love the plaited ribbons too - tje perfect finishing touch to a fab card!!

hugs Bev x

cats whiskers said...

Another winner marcea this is glorious from the brilliantly coloured image, to the plaited ribbon so much work has gone into it. Stunning
Thanks for joining us this week
Hugs Jacqui x

Crafting Diva said...

Wow what a stunning christmas card anyone would love to recieve this card though the posted

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card and a great design, I love the image you have used. Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Michele Roos said...

WOW gorgeous card. Love the WOJ image and the colours are fantastic. Michele x

mueppi said...

Hi Marcea
your card is so wonderful!
I love your colouring!
Hugs Gisela

Beth said...

This is gorgeous! I love the traditional colours you've used! xx

Anonymous said...

wonderful card, this is the perfect stamp for this sketch, I thinl!!
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Wow what a gorgeous Christmas Card, I adore it.
Nicola xxx

Rach said...

oh Marcea this is gorgeous..such beautiful colours and colouration of your image...love the pleated ribbons they look so effective. thanks for joining in hunny. hugs rachxx

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card, I love the rich colours you have chosen they work perfectly with the stamp

Tracey xxx

Victoria said...

oh it is lovely I adore the colours that you have used and the ribbon is excellent x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Marcea this card is stunning, I love the combination of colours you've used, they are striking! Hugs Linda x

Cathy said...

Stunning card. I love the plaited ribbon and the colours. Great colouring of tat WOJ too.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Kathy said...

Another fabulous card!! What a great idea to make this a Christmas card!! Perfect image for it!! Lovely colors and papers and your embellies are great! :)Kathy

Heather Huggins said...

Wonderful I love the Christmas theme. Thanks for joining us this week.

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes