Wednesday 24 September 2008

Thankyou to all the carers - a very important card!


This is perhaps one of the most important cards I have made for a while. As most of you do, I was bloghopping when I came across the most incredible blog, that I had to pause to take it all in. There is an incredible woman who is working very hard to raise awareness about Alzheimer's disease. Cammie has worked very hard at setting up a huge blog candy (over $1000 worth of goodies) for 1 lucky winner. As part of the conditions you have to make a card for someone who is a carer. Please let this be the reason you enter - take time out to make someone smile in their busy day. I am sending my card to the home where Cammie's grandmother was looked after. For more details follow this link to enter . I was moved by reading lots of the comments that people have left. Spread the word and let as many people as you can know about this wonderful cause.


I have used the sketch provided by Sketch Saturday for this card - brilliant sketch girls, thankyou.


'Tweet' from Pink Petticoat coloured with prismas, papers by DCWV, flowers by prima, brads and gems from stash.


11 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow what a wonderful colourful card Marcea, It would certainly put a smile on someones face. Thanks for the link as a carer for my mum who has this awful condition, I know how much kindness from people means, sometimes you feel so alone. I must certainly have a go at this one.
Hugs Jacqui x

Rach said...

fabulous marcea and for such a worthy cause...well done hunny. hugs rachxx

jo said...

hi marcea,
oh what a stunning card. its such a sad condition, i will have a go a this , i'm a carer myself it lovely to see what your doing huggs jo xx

p.s thank you for letting every one know about it your a star

Tracey said...

What a worth well cause Marcea & a gorgeous card :o)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Mrs Mac said...

WOW! What a wonderful idea, and a great cause. Fantastic card, too!

Mrs Wonka said...

What great bold colours....I love it & for such a great cause.

Mrs Wonka x

Bev said...

Fabulous card Marcea, and all the more so for the wonderful cause. I'll definitely be doing this one.

hugs Bev x

Papirolina said...

so good combination of colors :))) it's really lovely.

and so many gorgeous details.

hugs from slovenia,
Anja

Sally said...

Fantabulous card. Such a worthy cause. This is a cause I champion here at home.

Anonymous said...

This lovely cheery card will brighten someone´s day for sure and you are so kind bringing this worthy cause to the attention of all.
Nicola xxx

Gill said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and all for a wonderful cause, thanks for joining us at SS
Gill x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes