Sunday 7 August 2011

Not everything is black and white ….x


Good morning, where oh where is the sunshine!!!!! I thought when I woke up this morning that it was going to be lovely but the clouds are building up again. Probably more thunder later on again! I was checking through my camera when I spotted this card I made a couple of weeks ago for Crafter’s Companion. It was for the launch of the Spectrum Noir Pens …. have you got yours yet???

Anyway, I realised that I have not posted it here on my blog. How forgetful!!! It has been everywhere else though – on Facebook, on the Crafter’s Companion News blog and even on Create and Craft but not on my own little space!


09-07.11

Now this was a challenge, the powers that be had asked me to make a card only using the warm grey Spectrum Noir  pens …… rather proud of this one if I am honest, it turned out much better than I hoped!

09-07.11a

I had originally used a grey rhinestone for the flower centre but then I thought I would like just a tiny accent of colour so it was then changed for this pretty pink pearl. I then ummed and ahhed if it was the right thing to do but left it with the pink.

The image is one of the beautiful SWALK stamps – probably one of my favourites …… ‘With Sympathy’ and the papers were printed from the SWALK papercrafting CD-Rom using the colouriser to make it black and white.

Challenges

Secret Crafter – Black & White only

That’s it for now ….. off to do a little bit of crafting … what else!!
Pop back tomorrow for some very BIG news …… been itching to tell you all xxxxxxxxxxxx

17 comments:

lindah11 said...

stunning work
i love that touch of colour
works beautiful with the grey's
hugs linda xxx

Catherine said...

Great card...

Pamela said...

How great that looks in black and white and love the little touch of colour. Have ordered some pens! Couldn't wait any longer!

Pam x

Unknown said...

this really shows up your fab shading Marcea - and the pens off to their full potential!

Love the touch of pink on the flower centre - shows it up really well!

Paula x x x

Marie Richardson said...

What a lovely card Marcea goes to show you not need loads of colour to make a stunning creation.
Hugs
Marie xx

Linda said...

Gorgeous card Marcea, I think you made the right decision adding the little pink pearl.

Linda x

Elaine ♥ said...

Ooooh Marcea, this is beautiful, love the monochromatic look, so pretty :)

Elaine xx

Sarah's Handmade Cards said...

This is an absolutely beautiful card. You're very talented. I love the touch of colour with the bead on the flower. Sarahxxx

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous! I love your coloring!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous and sweet card, so subtle that one speck of colour. Hugs, Frea

Riet said...

So beautiful card Marcea,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sue said...

Hi Marcea
a gorgeous card, luv the mono tone look, the pink gem pops it, sue,x

Shazza said...

beautiful card x

downrightcrafty said...

fabulous creation and great use of the black and white, thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Sandra H said...

This is stunning:) Sandra H

kelly ledder said...

oh Marcea this is gorge xx

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

This is lovely Marcea, it really works xxx

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes