Monday 15 August 2011

And now for something a little different ..... who pinched the ink???

Good evening, well I have been trying something brand new since yesterday and oh my word is it hard!!!!! There are a bunch of mega talented crafters who have started me onto something a little different ..... and I love it!!! Stamping without using the traditional black ink .... sounds easy doesn't it ...... well don't you bet on it!!! I have never felt so frustrated or rubbish in my whole life ...... but having said that, I have never been so pleased with an image than this. I know it is not perfect and I know it needs lots of improvement but oh my, it made me look at colouring in a whole different way. It sure gets tough when the stamped lines start to disappear under your ink rofl .......



I love the softness that results from not having harsh black lines everywhere and have to admit I am kind of hooked already. I have another image (the very first one I coloured this way) to show tomorrow on my Papertake Weekly DT card so watch this space. Thanks to Zoe and her image which inspired me! Also a special thanks to Sheila who gave me a gentle shove (well, more like a nag nag nag) into having the guts to try it.

My image was coloured with my speccies and prisma pencils ...... think I need a lie down now lol
xxx


22 comments:

Cloudedbrains said...

STUNNING xxx

Laila said...

Ohh so pretty this is :o) Totally love the non-black lines around the image... It's sure looks neat and pretty.
Hugs Laila

Shazza said...

this is gorgeous,good on you for attempting it, I haven't had the courage yet x

lindah11 said...

ooh spooky i was playing at this over weekend didn't finish it lol ...
you have done a fab job
hugs linda xxx

Sarah's Handmade Cards said...

Wow! This image fantastic! Well done you.

Sarahxxx

Sandra H said...

Wow this is stunning you deserve a lie down its beautiful coloured to perfection!!:) Sandra H

Unknown said...

Wow - doesn't it make a difference without the black lines - you've done a really fab job - and I checked out Zoe's too - awesome.

I want to play now (but I'm not brave enough to show)!!!

Paula x x x

Tracy said...

going to have to try this lol!! well done it looks stunning!
Tracy xxx

Louise Welsh said...

Marcea i love it i think i will have to have a go, i stamped some of mine recently in grey but gave up. Its perfect.

Louise

Sheila said...

Me!, nag!!!! NEVER!..lol you did a stonking job sweetie, this is fabulous, that image is sooo adorable!!.
Now chuck that black ink pad away for ever!! :-).
Hugs
Sheila xx

Linda . J said...

This is just gorgeous Marcea love the colours and she looks beautiful.
good for you having a go
Hugs Linda

JLJ Designs said...

Beautiful coloring! I love the light brown accents.

Jen

Squirrel x said...

Who's the smartypants now then missus!! Wow hun, stunning result - you have nailed it so shall be expecting more examples from you soon. Hugs Sxx

KIRSTY'S CARD PLACE said...

This is so beautiful, the image just looks so different and soft. I can see this will be the way lots of crafters will go. Follow your lead:-) x
Hugs
Kirsty xx

Yvonne said...

My word , I have not done this style for ages ..And I have to say this looks fantastic!
Urm you got me a thinking!!!!

Monique said...

Beautifull!

Hugs Monique

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

It's beautifully done. Well done you for having a go and doing a fantastic job. :) X X

Lisa S. said...

WOW - gorgeous ! Im looking forward to seeing more !!
:)

Arline said...

This is stunning...the softness is fabulous....what colour did you stamp in then hun...apologies if I am being really thick...would like to have a go! Great colouring!xx

julie_woolston said...

So cute Marcea I love I love it.

Julie x

Zoe said...

You totally rocked this Marcea!! So happy you gave it a shot because it is just gorgeous! It is sooo addictive but oh so time consuming too! HAHA Definitely deserved that lay down after colouring this beauty! hugs xxoo

Karen said...

Seeing this in super big close up (I clicked it - lol) is even better honey. I do love this technique even though it scare the life out of me! (You know I'll have to try it - although my efforts may not make my blog - hehe.)
Thank you so much for the link to Zoe's blog too, I was wondering how you start off with this fabby technique! :0) Really do think you have done an 'amazing' job with this Sweety.xx

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes