Thursday 11 August 2011

Even more exciting news ..... Sundays with Crissy

Hi guys, oh my, what a month August is proving to be. Can you believe I have even more amazing news to share. I am over the moon to be able to share with you that the fabulous and talented Crissy Armstrong asked me to join her DT over on Sundays with Crissy!!!!! Like, oh my word, I have loved her images and stamps for as long as I have been crafting so I couldn't believe how lucky I was to have been asked. Anyway, of course I said YES!!!!!!

Please pop over to Sundays with Crissy to find out all about this months challenge .... and this really was a challenge for me ......

K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stamper



I am finding it so hard not to put some flowers and gems all over this card but I have been good and kept it to a minimum (for me, lol)

The gorgeous paper was a real bargain that I picked up yesterday from The Range ..... and was just over a pound for 20 A4 sheets .... so pretty. I also picked up a couple of pretty paper packs for only 2 pounds each - well, it would be rude not to wouldn't it :o)



I really adore this image so much. She is one of Crissy's brand new images which is available from Whimsy Stamps and it is called 'Forget me not' ........ isn't she just gorgeous!

I have used the yummy new Spectrum Noir pens to colour this with - I am so impressed with them, I only used the packs of 6 for the whole card so I cannot wait til I have all the others too. It just shows how great the colours have been selected to get such lovely shading. A lady at Slimming World asked me what the rainbow things were that I kept talking about on my facebook .... after a couple of minutes I realised she meant my speccies ..... not bad when a non crafter is showing an interest too :o)


Spectrum Noirs


Yellow 33, 35, 37, 38, 45
Green 42, 48, 163, 175
Pink 86,88, 147
Skin 132, 133, 135, 142, 196
Essential 109
Brown 100
Turquoise 178


I have been asked what I used for her hair, well it was only 2 colours - I used 109 and 100 .... hope that helps xxx

Challenges


Cute Card Thursday - Clean and Simple
Stamp Something - August Digi Day
Whimsy Inspirations Challenge - Ribbons and Bows



Have a wonderful day .... see you again soon.


21 comments:

An Occasional Genius said...

Beautiful card, love your bargain paper & the colouring looks fab x

nicolet said...

This card is gorgeous!!
Hugs Nicolet

Carole of Brum said...

Hi Marcea, not surprised at all you were wanted on the team, I've just been looking at your blog and your cards are simply gorgeous! Well done on restraining yourself on this card, it's just so hard not to add flowers and bling isnt it? lol. Look forward to seeing more cards from you. CoB

Cheryl said...

Congratulations Marcea! I am looking forward to seeing all the lovely creations you will make with Crissy's images.

jojoscraps said...

Simply sweet! Congratulations. They are lucky to have you on their team.
Jo xx

Sarah's Handmade Cards said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful. A lovely stamp.

Congratulations on becoming part of Sundays with Crissy design team. What an honour! No wonder your over the moon.

Sarahxxxx

Unknown said...

Hi Marcea -

the skin colour and shading is stunning on this card - the face, arms, legs - shaded so well!

Congratulations on your new DT spot - what an honour to be approached - well done you!

Paula x x x

Sandra H said...

Congratulations Marcea, you'll be an inspiration to the DT you create such wonderful cards :) Sandra H

Karen said...

Marcea this is such a pretty card and I'm chuckling at how restrained you were!! :0)
So beautifully done though and as usual for you just perfect hun.
What colours have you used on her hair may I ask? I'm loving it!xx

Crissy Armstrong said...

Great first post for SWC Marcea, I love it! Thank you so much for joining the team. As jojoscraps says, we are lucky to have you! You did a fabulous job on the application of colour. Beautiful simple layout too, and yes I can see you restrained yourself, lol! Good for you! Welcome aboard the Crew!

Arline said...

Aw this is lovely and well done on becoming DT member! I'm loving the Speccies too...I'm actually having a go at blending now! Beautiful colours here hun xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Marcea, Congrats on becoming a member of Crissy's Design Team! This card is lovely. Love the chocolate brown color you used for the sentiment and bow! Thanks for joining us at Whimsy Stamps first Inspiration Challenge.

Sally Cicada Designs said...

Wonderful first post Marcea!!! Your card is stunning--love the colouring and simple design! Your paper is fantastic too!! Welcome aboard my dear!!!!!!!!
Hugs,
Sarah ☺

Michelle said...

Great card Marcea & congrats on being picked -- although why would you be surprised? Your work is fabulous!! :) :)

Michelle

Kerry said...

Hi Marcea

Congrats on your new DT post.

Lovely card with a fresh and vibrant feel.

Love Kerry xxx

Pam Leng said...

Congratulations Marcea, not at all surprised that you have been asked to join the DT your cards are amazing

Pamxx

Mary Lou said...

Great post Marcea!!!YEAH!!!! WOW hun your coloring is GORGEOUS!!! What a sweet card with the brown accents ;) Love it!!! Welcome aboard Crissy's Crew~~You will love it here!!!
I understand the restraint thing~~cuz I love embellishing also :)
Hugz

Jackie Randolph said...

Congratulations on your new team!! Yeah Crissy is the lucky one. Gorgeous card, beautifully colored and kept well to the Clean and Simple. Thanks so much for sharing and playing along with us on our first Whimsy Inspirations challenge!

Linda . J said...

Beautiful card Marcea love the colours and the gorgeous design.
Congratulations on your first post
at Chrissy, me tomorrow ekkkkk.
Thank you for joining in our first challenge over at Whimsy Inspiration.
Hugs Linda

uksharon said...

Great first project. Guess we're teamies on two blogs.
Best wishes and congratulation on new job.
Sharon

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

Congrats on making Crissy's DT. your work is just fabulous and thanks for stopping by my blog and following me too - where do I follow you? your no -ink stamping technique is intriguing me.

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes