Saturday 6 August 2011

Music Saves My Soul Saturday ..... something a bit different this week :o)




Hi there, afternoon already ..... time just flies doesn't it when you are having fun lol. So, time for another little bit of music to brighten our week......




I hope you don't mind but I have chosen something a bit different this week. This is The National Youth Brass Band of Great Britain - a mighty talented bunch of kids all aged 18 years and younger. It is tough to get a place in the band and they are all amazing musicians. They meet twice a year for a week at a time and play between 10 - 12 hours a day - thats intense :o)

Even more impressive is that they have to learn all the music within that week and perform 2 concerts at the end of the course - it is just incredible that they manage to do it and a real credit to their talent and dedication.

I am even prouder to say that my son Ryan plays with them (trombone for those who don't know, lol) and he has one year left with them before he is too old to play with them. This is one of the pieces they played at their final concert last weekend.




And this is a solo Ryan played a few weeks ago with an events band that he plays for also .... The Brass Players. Sorry for the quality on the videos but I used my mobile phone to record them. Isn't it nice to see some teenagers are good kids!



Ok, so you have probably had enough brass for now but I hope you enjoyed the change. I am allowed to be a proud mum though because he has a place to study at The Royal Northern College of Music this autumn .... I will miss him but he will have an amazing 3 years there I am sure!

If you want to play along just post a song on your blog and then add it to the linky below. Help spread the word and lets see how manay we can get to play this week. Off to go visit everyones entries from last week :o)





1 comment:

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

You certainly do have a reason to be proud hun! I can't get Ryan's solo vid to load but I'll check back later and try again x
2nd Saturday running that I'm on the case ... I wonder how long it will last lol
Have a fab weekend x mwah x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes