Sunday 29 July 2012

Some news ...... x



Hi everyone, hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday. I just wanted to share a couple of videos with you all. As many of you know my son Ryan plays the trombone and is doing really well. Anyway, yesterday he was playing at the Cambridge Folk Festival and it was aired on Sky Arts HD television channel. I have a couple of clips so I hope you can excuse me for being so very proud, I just HAVE to share with you all.

The group are called The Unthanks and Ryan is playing with Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band who have been playing with the singers this year. Their music is just beautiful.









There was also another really great one shown last night which was Frank Skinners pick of the day so hopefully I will get a link soon.

Thanks for letting me be a proud mamma xxxxx


5 comments:

Rosietoes said...

That was great to watch Marcea. Congrats to Ryan!

Edna x

Lisa Carroll said...

Congrats to you and Ryan! What a talented young man! No wonder you are so proud. :)

Penny said...

Gosh, Marcea, that was beautiful! No wonder you are such a proud mama! :^)
My dad played trombone for years; he even had his own small orchestra and radio show in the 1940's in Montana. He also had a beautiful voice. I used to love hearing him sing (very much like Bing Crosby) and play his trombone. Takes me back. Sigh....
Hugs,
Penny

Unknown said...

Oh Marcea, you have every right to be a very proud mamma - that was sensational... I caught some of the festival as I was flicking through SKY channels last night - I never knew there was such an event. Don't apologise for making a post about it either - post away, I know I would if I was in your shoes... well done him. You never know what comes next if people have seen them play at the back of this group of singers... it was quite captivating...

Thanks for sharing.

Paula x x x

Joy said...

I can certainly see why you are as proud as punch sweet girl, this is amazing and so is your son, he is going to go somewhere in the music industry I am sure..keep that smile on your face..hugs

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes