Friday 6 November 2009

Just Magnolia Monthly Challenge


Hi there, well it is the end of the week .... day 2 of the wonderful craft show at the NEC and only 1 day until I get to go and meet loads of the gorgeous ladies that make up part of the Just Magnolia Design Team ..... more later, lol.
Onto our challenge and can you believe it is time for our monthly challenge once again. We are so lucky to have Simon Says Stamp as our regular sponsor and one lucky person will win $50 to spend at the online store - isn't that just incredible! So if you fancy having a chance of winning you need to enter this challenge. Chris Dark of Sketching Stamper agreed to be our featured stamper and has done an amazing tutorial for us which you can view here .... so come on .... let's see you get

DISTRESSING!


Now as you know I am rather challenged when it comes to ripping up my papers and I do just hate it, lol .... but in the true spirit I popped out and even bought a distressing tool. The soft grip handle gave me no comfort during this heartbreaking challenge (slight overkill pulling on your heart strings, lol) but now I look at my card I realised I was more distressed than I first realised. OMG I have DESTROYED my papers good and proper - oh well in for a penny in for a pound as they say!



I am quite proud I managed to survive the experience and I just love all the gorgeous cards the DT members and Chris made. I think I will never feel really at home distressing but it was fun and I did get to buy something new which is always a bonus, rofl.

So I will love you and leave you for now but please, please come and say hello to me tomorrow afternoon at the Magnolia stand - it would be great to finally meet so many of you. I am off to check if the final girlie who is demoing has announced it on her blog yet and then I will be back to blurt it out to you all (I have done so well not telling, haha)
See you soon xxxx

10 comments:

cats whiskers said...

He he you do make me laugh sweetie, love this one but do sympathise with you about distressing it is heartbreaking. One more sleep!!!!!!
Hugs Jacqui x

Mina said...

gorgeous Marcea...this is my fav santa stamp ever I love it...beautiful card and your distressing is perfect
Mina xxx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Lovely holiday card Marcea, that image is fab! Beautiful papers, love your distressing and the accents are perfect. Have a great weekend hun. :)

Rach said...

gorgeous sweetie, love it... bless you with your distressing.. what you like... catch ya tomorrow... xxxx

lisa said...

Well done on being distressed!!!! It looks great.
Enjoy your NEC experience. I so wish I could be there!!

Lisax

Tasha said...

Fab card Marcea - love the papers and fab layout. Your distressing is great!
love tasha xx

Pauline C said...

Ooh this is fab Marcea - great image and colouring - and the distressing is brilliant!
Pauline x

thread-bare said...

Lovely card Marcea xx

Clare x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Ooooh - this is fab., and so is the distressing! Hope you had a great time at the NEC.
Hugs, Sylvia xx

BA said...

hi marcea
this is gorgeous
xoxo BA

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes