Saturday 10 March 2012

Something a little different….


Good afternoon folks, the sun is still shining here in Yorkshire and it is shaping into a rather nice weekend. It really feels like we are just about in Spring – I love this time of the year with all the signs of new life everywhere, you can’t help but be in a good mood.

Going to keep my post short and sweet because my eyes are playing up. That was short lived from this morning but I am sure it will all resolve itself soon. I am just going to post the basics just now but will pop back later and add some picture links for you.

Have you seen the new embossing folders from Darice? Sara from Crafter’s Companion was showing them earlier on Create & Craft and I was lucky enough to get some to play with …..  OMG they are amazing. They emboss so deeply compared to other folders I have used – I was seriously impressed.



This is using one of the beautiful borders ….. it is from the Flourishes set




It is a really simple card with just some ribbon and punched butterflies with a few pearls to complete it. The Core’dinations paper is perfect to use with the folders. I didn’t realise until today that Darice own Core’dinations – Sara is full of loads of info lol.




A close up to show the amazing depth of the embossing.

Ok, so here is another sample I made ….. even simpler than the last but this time using the 5” x 7” embosiing folders.





Layered using Core’dinations – there are so many gorgeous pads available now.






I have just added some ribbon with a couple of ribbon sliders, lots of pearls, stickles and a sentiment.


I will pop back later if I can to add the pic links – must admit I think they are really helpful when looking for products. Enjoy your weekend

darice-borders-embossing-folders-14996-37419_mediumdarice-embossing-folders-14974-37408_mediumcoredinations-cardstock-ranger-distress-11054-33238_mediumcoredinations-sand-it-gadget-9701-31933_mediumcoredinations-dust-buddy-8948-31323_mediumtim-holtz-paper-distresser-8550-30853_mediumcollall-photoglue-100ml-7897-30265_medium
 

Marcea ……. x

23 comments:

Cath said...

They are stunning Marcea. I ordered several of them this week but not had a chance to play yet but your samples look great, as always xxx

Unknown said...

HI Marcea, these are gorgeous cards, love their simplicity and yet there is a lot going on. Hugs ,Frea

melanie said...

Stunning cards your samples are fantastic

Karen said...

Gorgeous honey.. hope you're better with your eyes.xx

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Fabby creations sweetie, love them

Happy Saturday

Ali x

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous!!! xxx

Jo said...

Love your cards! Just seen these on TV - think i might have a little spend!!
Jo x

SaraDavies said...

i LOVED these cards Marcea when i saw them on set - hadn't even realized they were your little masterpieces until i saw this blog post! these were absolutely fab!!!

jane stillman said...

absolutely gorgeous, definitely need these lol xx

claire-bears-cards said...

I absolutely LOVE the first card- I've always sort of turned my nose up at border embossing folders- wtf did I do that for????

Both cards are gorgeous but the first one is my fave :)

xx

Stacey said...

So pretty Marcea, love the colours you've used and the embossed effect.

Sorry I've been AWOL for the last year! Hope all well with you, hope to catch up soon x

FrancineB said...

Gorgeous cards. The embossing is totally amazing. I like the way you don't overload your cards. You let each element shine.

Pamela said...

Beautiful cards, I love the simplicity of them. Very elegant.

Pam x

coops said...

bothso beautiful marcea,gorgeous embossing and designs :D

xx coops xx

Claveh said...

Thank you Marcea, simply elegant.
I really hope you are having a great weekend, you deserve it.
Hugs.

nessy said...

stunning marcea ~very pretty and elegant!!
vanessa xx

Sandra H said...

Both are stunning xx

Betty said...

You have really inspired me Marcea I went straight to Crafters Comp. and bought some folders and the card. I love embossed cards as they are quick to make
Bettyxxx

Bee said...

Lovely cards Marcea, I think I am getting a bit of a embossing folder addiction lol x

Pam Leng said...

Wow Marcea these are stunning I always struggle with embossing folders but yours are amazing xxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful embossing Marcia love these cards Hugs Elaine

Liz's creative corner said...

Fab detail hun, lovely pearl effect too, hugs Liz xx

rosie said...

gorgeous. love the butterflies too x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes