Wednesday 28 March 2012

Simon Says …. Anything Goes



Hiya, and wow, how amazing is this weather??? I can hardly believe it is only March! Even better because I have 3 whole days off so I am going to make the most of it. It won’t be all relaxing though because there is lots of work to be done in the garden. We (that is the royal we) are currently demolishing an old workshop at the bottom of the garden. A skip has been delivered this morning so poor hubby will now be going up and down the garden with a wheel barrow taking all the bricks and rubble. He is going to be shattered but I will keep him supplied with drinks and the odd encouraging word lol.


So I have 2 cards for you today ….. here is my first of the day. It is my DT card for Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog. It is time for our ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge again so I just know we are going to be swamped with entries – it is always very popular.


The design team are all showcasing MFT products so make sure you visit them all for some inspiration.





I am quite pleased with my card today for a couple of reasons. First of all I stamped in grey ink rather than black. It really does make it trickier than usual to colour although not as hard as using an even lighter colour. I think I am going to stick with this for a while because I do like the softer look it gives.




The other reason I am pleased is because I have tried to make my light source come from a different direction. I usually just opt for a central light source but I have tried to imagine the light coming from the left. I am pleased with the teddy and I am about 80% happy with the little girl’s hair. I have to just keep experimenting and practicing to improve my skills I think.




A different angle to show the gorgeous shimmer and bling on the cardstock and designer papers (don’t forget the links to all the products are below)



Simon Says Stamp



…..and if that is not enough one lucky winner gets a $50 voucher to spend at Simon Says Stamp Online Store -  thanks Heidi x




So what are you waiting for – get your pens out in the garden and get colouring – you can’t waste all that fabulous natural light!


Products…..



GR017Beingtogether6x6mftdienamicsminirolledrosesMFTVintageFlourishdienPrintch165dunetsuklondonfog



Challenges:


Kaboodle Doodles - Circles and Squares
Pixie Dust Studio – Favourite Things (Everything!!!! Flowers, bling,punches, dies, ribbon)
Cute Card Thursday – Anything Goes
Stampin’ for the Weekend – Anything Goes
Stamptacular Sunday – 3 B’s: Bling, Bow, Border


There you go – that’s it for now. I will be back after lunch with another card ….. none for ages then 2 in a day, lol. Going to try and post more often if I can, just never seem to have enough hours in a day …… I can only try though can’t I.

See you in a bit xxx

11 comments:

Unknown said...

What a pretty card Marcea, great colours and so much detail ,I love it Hugs Elaine

Squirrel x said...

Wowza hun! This is totally stunning - you rock with your colourwork! Sxxxx

Sheila said...

Wow Marcea hun this is totally stunning!, I love the softer lines look sweetie, you should be more then 80% pleased with it hun it's gorgeous! and deserves100% :-).
Have fun in the sun clearing that shed.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Little Rascals said...

Hi Marcea

The image is coloured beautifully hun I too am loving this softer look gives a softer finish to the card

Emma xxx

julie_woolston said...

Hi Marcea I just love your card it's gorgeous, I love the softer tone, and your change of light source is very effective, it's a lovely image.
You shouldn't doubt yourself you have done an amazing job.

Hugs Julie x

Stacey said...

Totally fab Marcea, love the new lighting angle. Good luck with the demolition job ~♥~

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Marcea :-) i have been admiring this sofer tone and the colours and details are all fab :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Janiel/ janny said...

Beautiful card Marcea! This is a favorite image of mine and you have done a fabby job with your coloring! Great job on the light source!

I see that you are joining us in the fun at the Little Darling Challenge OUTSIDE this time around. Thanks and good luck to you.
hugs..

Sharon said...

What a cute image and a gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along with us at CCT.x

coops said...

so stunning marcea.really gorgeous image and design and your colours are fab :D

xx coops xx

Bee said...

Gorgeous Marcea, I love the result you have got from using the lighter ink x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes