Thursday 9 September 2010

Lili of the Valley - One for the Boys!!

Morning, oh my ... what an eventful evening I had - I was waiting to pick my son up from band rehearsal when I got a phone call from my hubby telling me he had been in a car accident. A deer had run into the road which he hit. He then went off the road and into a tree. Thankfully he does not even have a scratch on him although we think the car will be written off. Needless to say I am feeling very thankful today and will be extra nice all day to him, lol.

Onto our challenge on Lili of the Valley and we have a good excuse to make a male card. I used to find it so difficult making these but now that Lili of the Valley have their super cute male stamps it is just so easy! They are all adorable!



I have used Lazy Afternoon and so have a few of the other DT members too ... he is very popular this week and no wonder!



I have been trying to use some different shades of my Copics for a change and I am enjoying trying some darker shades. I really love his green hat!




Challenges

Crafters Companion - Sketch



I just wanted to post a pic of me and my wonderful husband, Glen, that was taken a couple of weeks ago at our friends wedding.




I love you!

16 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Marcea, Gorgeous card! I love this cute image and fab papers. Glad to hear your hubby was okay. It must have given him (and you) a real scare. Fab photo of you both!

Lisa x

Larisa said...

Very nice card Marcea!!!
Love this image a lot) Do you have a stamp? I have a dream to have any nice stamps at me... but nothing.. Would you stamp some images to share with me? i am grateful a lot! ))) Thank you in any way)
Hugs. Larisa. xx

Dorte said...

Love your card a lot. It can be hard work to make a card for a boy. But this LOTV image is so cute.
Dorte,x

Jo Nevill said...

Oh no ! So sorry to hear about your hubby but so thankful he is OK. Extra special hugs today then !

Your card is just gorgeous, I adore this image and your papers are just soooo scrummy and perfect - I do love a male card !

Hugs to you and your hubby,

Jo xxx

Victoria said...

Love this card Marcea such a fab male image from LOTV. I need to get some of these! Lol! SO glad to hear your hubby is ok, that phone call must have given you a real fright bless you!
Big hugs, Vicky ~x~

Mrs Wonka said...

Fab card and fab pic, you can tell you lurveees him! xxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Marcea,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

6 wacky women said...

Hi Marcea
Fabulous card, such a sweet image. Wonderful design and details!!
Love the beautiful pic of you and hubby!!

Karen x

PatR said...

Great card, love the colours, perfect. Thanks for joining the Crafters Companion challenge.
xx

Little K Smith said...

Aaawww a gorgeous card Marcea, adore this image and you've coloured it sooo beautifully! Fab papers and love the layout!
Great photo of you both too :)
Kelly.x

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

What a lovely card Marcea, super cute and wonderful.
Hugs Jacqueline

Nicola said...

Fabulous colouration and choice of papers Marcea, the card candy is a lovely accent.
So pleased Glen came out of that awful accident scratch free.
xx Mum xx

Sarah said...

OMG - your hubby has been so lucky - glad to hear he is ok - the picture of you two is fab.
Back to the card - this is my fav. LOTV stamp - and your image has been coloured in perfectly - it is good to experiment by being a little different - thanks for sharing. Sarah x

Net said...

Oh my Marcea I'm so pleased Glen is OK - what a fright!

Super card again.

Ginger Claire said...

Hi Marcea. A very cute card. Thanks for joining us at Crafter's Companion Monthly Challenge, we hope you join us again next month xxx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Fabulous work, love it - thanks for joining the September CC Challenge.

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes