Wednesday 26 September 2012

You can clearly see …..

 

…… I need more practice!

Oh dear, sometimes the card you see in your head doesn’t quite come together in reality does it lol. Never mind, I am still kind of proud that I tried something different even if it isn’t quite right.

It is my second project for today and look, not an alcohol ink in sight! This time my card is for Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog. Our theme is Anything Goes – a real favourite with you all. The design team are all using products by October Afternoon.

15-09.12

So look, this is really different for me. I have stamped onto acetate and then used embossing powder for this lovely glitzy finish. This was so pretty in my head.It is the first time I have stamped onto acetate though so I can only improve.

As always Heidi will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!

 

 

Products

*October Afternoon CAKEWALK Wrap Pack EM878*Hero Arts Clear Stamps WISH BIG 2012 CL576*Hero Arts Clear Stamps *CL575 HOORAY 2012*Embossing Rubber Stamp Pad EMBOSS CLEAR INK Tsukineko*Ranger GOLD EMBOSSING TINSEL Industries ETJ00006

Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog

 

Challenges:

Less is More – Recipe (#11, #15, #75)

Thanks for looking xxx

18 comments:

Mandy said...

Hunny I don't care what you say I think your card is gorgeous, I love the stamps you've used and well done you for stamping on acetate :) I think I've only ever tried it once and ended up with a nice smudged mess which was only fit for the bin lol
hugs Mandy xx

Lin said...

Marcea, you are way too hard on yourself! This is wonderful! Big kudos for even attempting this - it is so hard to stamp on acetate, let alone emboss! Beautifully done, teamie!

Eileen said...

Was it heat resistant acetate Marcea? If it was you might still have been a little too close with your heat gun. But great try.
Eileen x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

You're much too tough on yourself, Marcea! I like the idea and the gold on clear is quite pretty :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

julie_woolston said...

Hi Marcea this is beautiful what a fabulous effect, I love it.

Hugs Julie x

Sandra H said...

Gosh Marcea, This is totally stunning and looks wonderful to me xx

Lisa Carroll said...

Oh, Marcea, I think this came out fabulous! How on earth did you emboss that acetate without it warping or melting?! :)

Katie said...

I won that set in a SSS random draw and have not been able to get the balloons to stamp like I would like them--now I will try again. If you have any words of advice please share.
Beautiful card!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Yay for trying new things! I can't even imagine trying to heat emboss on acetate. Would love to know how you kept it from warping the acetate and also how you kept the powder from sticking to the whole card.

SiskiyouSue said...

I think for a first try this is pretty good. I keep thinking I should try this technique, but haven't been brave enough yet. I think your card is very pretty.

Jo Nevill said...

Your card is great Marcea, always good to try something different and I think it looks super ! Love the stamps you used.

Hope you are keeping dry, thinking about you.

Hugs

Jo x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Heather said...

This is brilliant Marcea, stamping on acetate is so difficult and I don't care what you think I think it is a astounding success - I love it!!!

hugs
Heather xx

Claveh said...

This is so lovely Marcea, no improvement necessary! xxx

Melissa Bove said...

Your card is gorgeous Marcea!! Love stamping on acetate!! Fabulous job my friend!!

hugs...

Katie said...

See you need to do a tutorial on how you did it, PLEASE!

Mandi said...

We had such groans about acetate week, great to se you put it to making this super card
Thank you
mandi LIM

cheiron said...

I think your stamping on acetate came out great! The image looks so clear..love the gold too.

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes