Tuesday 11 September 2012

Crafting just for fun!



Good afternoon folks. Well it is official – I am losing my marbles!!!! I got up at 5am today for work and arrived for the start of my shift at 7am. Well I would be starting my shift if I was supposed to be at work ….  yep I wasn’t due back until tomorrow… groan! Not to worry, I headed for the drive back home kicking myself for not checking my diary.

I decided to stay up and cracked on with a couple of DT cards and then I thought I should try something different. Woohoo, I made a card just for the fun of it and wow, I thoroughly enjoyed myself!!


I have had this lovely image from Saturated Canary coloured for a few weeks now and just haven’t had chance to make her up into a card. I am so happy to finally be able to take part in the Saturated Canary challenge because I just adore Krista’s images. Also this week Krista is donating $1 for every entry to a very special cause – you can read all about it on the Saturated Canary Challenge Blog







I used my Spectrum Noir pens to
colour with and I am really pleased with it. I really love the flesh tones of the Speccies. It is first time out for my new leaf die too by Memory Box ….. I think I will be using my Tiny Tendril die a lot in the future, it is such a lovely size.




I am thinking about doing a little colouring session now ready for my next day off blunder lol, it is really nice being able to just create for fun. Here are a couple of challenges that I am entering ….

Divas by Design – Friendship
Kaboodle Doodles – Flowers
Papertake Weekly – Things That Make You Go Awww


Products…


Jules*Basic Grey PICADILLY 6 x 6 Cardstock Paper Pack 3531*Memory Box TINY TENDRIL Craft DIE 98419*Crafter's Companion BRIGHTS 24 SET SPECTRUM NOIR MARKERS 751729*My Favorite Things PHOTO CORNERS Die-Namics MFT*Martha Stewart CHERRY BLOSSOM Punch Around The Page Craft Set  42 60054

Have a great afternoon – I am going to settle down with my pens for the rest of the day xxx

29 comments:

Yasmina TIN-SANG said...

Great card and i love these colors!!
Thank you for joining at Kaboodle Doodles this week!!

Unknown said...

wow stunning love the bright colours you have used.
Kaz.xx

Loopylou. said...

ooooh Marcea that is just absolutely stunning hun, that colour combo is so fresh and zingy and romfl about you going into work!!!!
Thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
huge hugs Lou xxx

sparklingblackrose said...

Ooooooooh I love this, its adorable! Fantastic colour work! Elaine-xxx-

Chrissy said...

Fantastic colouring Marcea, gorgeous image and I love the bright, zesty, fresh colours..gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Kandy's Krafts said...

Gosh this is beautiful. The colouring is fantastic.

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Marcea, I love the image and the bright sunny colours.

How on earth did you manage to go to work on a non work day!! Oh dear!!
You must love work!
Lorraine x

Diary Card Fairy said...

Wow, this look amazing :) Very good job!!! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles Challenge!

Denimo said...

OMGoodness... now that's one perfectly coordinated card! Great bright colors. Thanks for joining us in our Saturated Canary Challenge and good luck!
Hugs,
Denise

Cookie said...

OH MY GOODNESS. I love it, The colours are fabulous, I love the image and the fab layers and die cuts. Its stunning love it love it love it xxx

Unknown said...

WOW how striking. The colouring is stunning, the colour scheme is FAB

Claire x

Sharon said...

Something freaky going on hear. I did exactly the same two weeks ago. I got to work only to be told I was still on holiday. Today I have made a card for a future posting in the same colours as you card today.
Gorgeous card by the way. Love the colours (well I would, wouldn't I!!! This image is so lovely and coloured beautifully.
Hugs Sharon. x

Betty said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Marcea I love the image and the colours beautiful card
Bettyxxx

Sandra H said...

Oh my goodness this is totally stunning x

ddazzled71 said...

I couldn't help but smile at this gorgeous creation! The image is beautiful however it is the delightfully cheerful color combo and your beautiful details that I love the most. xx

julie_woolston said...

Wow this is stunning Marcea.

Hugs Julie x

Linda . J said...

Beautiful card Marcea and love your colour combo lovely leaf die too.
Hugs Linda

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Love the pretty stunning bright colors! It's indeed a stunning card with those wonderful flowers and wonderfully colored image.

Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Flowers” Challenge!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Beautiful coloring!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Unknown said...

Oh Wow, What a card, this is Stunning Marcea, I love the image and those colours are just Fab, it's gorgeous xx

Penny said...

Absolutely exquisite, Marcea! Beautifully colored and the colors are yummy! Love the papers, layers, and the wonderful die cuts! :^)
You should enter this at Color Me Creative Challenge quickly--it is yellows and ends soon!
Hugs,
Penny

Brodders said...

Lovely and bright :) Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly and good luck - Jane x

coops said...

wow love this marcea.fantastic zingy colours and i love this sc image and really gorgeous details :D

xx coops xx

Claveh said...

Oh Marcea, I am glad these sort of things do not just happen to me! I just love the zingy colours in your card and it really is "fun"! xxx

Sonia said...

Fabulous card dearest creative:) I love this gorgeous image PERFECTLY coloured:)
Bright colors and lovely papers:)
Hugs,
Sonia

Loz said...

ooh she is pretty! I love the colours and your colouring.. I just love SC images :)

Kay Dalton said...

i realy love that digi and you have realy done a super fab job on it, what wonderfull bright colours, beautiful x

Kim. said...

Oh wow this looks lovely, these colours frighten me lol. Beautifully embellished.
Kim xXx

Nicola said...

Wowee you sure have brought this wonderful image to life with your amazing colouration Marcea.Love your colour combo, papers and layout and ooh the leaf die is gorgeous. -x-

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes