Wednesday 19 September 2012

Enamel amour!


Good afternoon, well apparently it is Wednesday although my poor brain is completely jumbled and is a day behind!! I had a slight panic last night when I realised it was Tuesday and not Monday and I had to rush to get my DT card made for Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog. I managed to finish it time thankfully and also had the chance to play with some new goodies too.
The theme this week is
EMBOSS IT
This can either be heat or dry embossing. I have to say I had so much fun doing this and discovered the most amazing product that I have fallen head over heels in love with!
The design team have created some awesome projects for your inspiration, we are all featuring Stampendous Products this week, you don't have to use them to join in but we would love to see them used if you have them :-)

So here is my card. I am pleased with how it turned out, especially as I was having kittens because I had forgotten to make it lol. I have used one of my new Miss Anya stamps by The Greeting Farm which only arrived a couple of days ago. It is a while since I used a Miss Anya stamp, they are always such great images for teens I think.



How do you like her Ugg boots – aren’t they fab!! I have used my Copics to colour the image apart from the flesh which I used Spectrum Noirs.

Ok, so here is my new love. Check out this embossing enamel. I thought I would just have a go on my butterfly to see what it would look like. Wow, you should see this in real life – it is stunning!!!! I added 3 layers although I don’t think I really needed that many. The incredible thing is it completely covers the base card. Both butterflies were punched out of different card – one was dark brown and the other was from my backing papers. The incredible thing is they booth look the same. I am going to use up all my old scraps now using this enamel – so pretty!!!!

Here is a plain old white flower given the enamel treatment ….. thank goodness I could find my heat gun today!! No more dull flowers for me from now on!!!


A different angle showing the pretty glittered First Edition papers.
As always Heidi will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!

Products
*Stampendous SHABBY PINK Embossing Enamel FREG028*The Greeting Farm MISS ANYA SCARVES Cling Rubber Stamps*First Edition Paper 6 x 6 LOVE LETTERS Premium Pad FEPAD009*Tonic Studios BUTTERFLY Multi Detail Punch 925A*Embossing Rubber Stamp Pad EMBOSS CLEAR INK Tsukineko*Tsukineko MEMENTO Full Size Ink Pad TUXEDO BLACK*Prima Flowers AUTUMN Splendor Collection Leaves 553548*Martha Stewart DOUBLE SCALLOP Edge Punch Edger 284016*Copic 12 Bold BASIC SKETCH MARKER SET Colors*Crafter's Companion PALE HUES SPECTRUM NOIR MARKERS 404546
Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog
Challenges:
Southern Girls – It’s Well Bling Bling
Crazy 4 Challenges – Anything Goes With a Fall Twist
The Ribbon Girl – Pink & Green
The Crazy Challenge – Spots or Stripes
Papertake Weekly – A Hazy Shade of Autumn
Oldie But a Goodie – Show Us Your Ribbons (Papers, Flowers, Brads)
Creative Craft Challenge – Anything Goes
Divas by Design – Lovely Layers
Latinas in America – Fall is Here
Anything Goes
Have a wonderful day xxxxxxxxx

31 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful and the colour combination is gorgeous....as is the way you have coloured the image.

I'm liking the effect on the flower, butterfly and leaves too.....mmmm i feel some playing coming on LOL!!

Claire

Chris said...

Beautiful card I love the design and colours. Chris xx

Lorraine A said...

Oh wow !! the butterflies and flower are amazing !! that powder is definitely on my wish list too now !! sooo pretty ! Love Anya too with her trendy Uggs , :-)
Gorgeous card Marcea and am so glad you remembered what day it is ,,, lol :-)

luv
Lols x x x

jane stillman said...

Such a fabulous card, just love the embossing enamel you have used x

Lisa Carroll said...

Amazing, Marcea! LOVE those butterflies! :)

Sandra H said...

Wow this really is stunning and your butterfly is gorgeous l think we will be seeing more of these!! gorgeous image and layout and beautifully coloured too! l love the colour of the hugg boots done really well look so realistic l have black ones .....lol although these are a stunning colour.....alround fab card and thank you l now have my voucher:) x

Kandy's Krafts said...

Gorgeous card and I love that image.

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image and fabulous details.xxx

Cookie said...

wow wow wow, its fabulous, love the colours you used and the design is brilliant, Loving the image and you are so right, Great for teenagers xxx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous, Marcea!! I love this autumn themed card... the enamel treatment made these butterflies, leaves, & flowers over the top beautiful! I can see why you're loving it so much :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Lin said...

Love the way you colored her, and that embossing enamel looks so fun! Beautiful results, Marcea!

Ribbon Girl said...

Nice card and lothanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl pink and green challenge. Mary G x ve the embossing -

Loz said...

Love it! And you've just reminded me that I have some lovely Miss Anya's.. somewhere hehe :)

Latinas en America said...

Beautiful card, and embellishments

Thank you for participated in latinas en america

Gaby B

Sarah J Moerman said...

Wow! Fabulous card! You've show cased that embossing powder fabulously! Amazing coloring too!

angelic crafter said...

A lovely card with loads of bling factor!! Thanks for joining in our bling challenge over at Southern Girls XOX Tania

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Totally gorgeous butterflies and flower. Love the little trails of bling.

Thanks for joining us.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Fanny Diaz said...

Wonderful card! Very sweet...

Nicola said...

Ooh the butterflies and flower look amazing with your embossing enamel treatment and as always your colouration is fantastic Marcea. Super layout, papers and colour combo. -x-

Unknown said...

Super bella tu propuesta me encanta la combinacionde los colores, muchas gracias por participar en el reto de latinas en America y suerte
Karla U

Rina said...

Hi Marcia... this is just adorable... great image, coloring and design :)


Thanks so much for playing along with the Diva's this challenge!!

Rina

Kim. said...

Ooh Marcea this is gorgeous and I love the effect of the enamel embossing, so effective.
Kim xXx

Eva Marie said...

Ohhh wow this is co gorgeous. Beautiful coloring and image ♥

Thanks for playing at SGC
xx

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card my sweet Marcea!! Love that cute image!!

hugs...

Marcela Arce said...

I love it!! Marce DT Latinas en America

Unknown said...

Hi Marcea, what a gorgeous card. Lovely image perfectly coloured (I do like the Miss Anyas and don't have this set yet - will have to go shop!). Wonderful embellies as well.

Thanks for joining in with us at Divas by Design this week.

Sarah

Yesenia ( yesy) said...

marcea te quedo hermosa el detalle en la mariposa waooo

Unknown said...

Beautiful card!!!
Thanks for playing with us.
Tahi - Latinas en America DT Member

RECUERDITOS NATHALLY (Souvenir y Encintados) said...

Una belleza total amiga...me encanto
nathally

Marcela Arce said...

Bellisima!! Gracias por participar Marce DT Latinas en America

Tracy said...

Fab entry, thanks for joining Oldie But A Goodie challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes