Wednesday 27 June 2012

Simon Says … Sporty and/or Patriotic


Good afternoon to you all. Here we are at our new time for Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog – I hope you used the extra few hours this morning to join in with our previous challenge. If not we will forgive you as long as you promise to take part this week :o)

It is not long now until the Olympics start so our theme this week is to get inspiration from either the Olympics or 4th July.
The design team are all showcasing products by Cuttlebug this week.




So I decided to go down the 4th of July theme. I have had this image for quite a while now but never coloured her so it was about time I sorted that out! She is really marching with such a purpose that it really made me smile.




I have stuck to red, white and blue for her clothing too ….. I know the papers are really busy but I think it works quite well. I really like the balloons on the papers and they certainly fit in with all those Independance Day celebrations!!!




As usual there are plenty of embellies too …. but no flowers today from me (shock/horror). I have used my Copics to colour my image and I am trying out a new way of listing my colours. I have added clickable links for every single colour. How good am I lol. Let me know what you think and if you like it or not. If you do like it I will try to add it every week if I get time ….. see how I am not making any promises hehe.





You all know by now that if you are the lucky winner then you are set to win a $50 voucher to spend at Simon Says Stamp Online Store – yes that’s right …. are we crazy????? Perhaps but you know that you have a great selection of goodies to spend it on so you would be crazy not to join in!!





As promised here are the links to the copics I have used …… think I have just booked my place in heaven … shining halo ….. x


e000se00se02se21se33se37r20r22r27syr23b00sb02sc3sc5s


And here are the products I used on my card ……



CBVintageBGcupcake6x6JCC104stickleswaterfallmsmonarch


Challenges:

Seems a little Sketchy – Sketch 16


So there we go. I hope you get chance to play along with us this week. Whatever you do though have a great week! xxx

25 comments:

Jingle said...

I love it! The butterflies look great!

Lin said...

She is darling, Marcea - love her red boots and the lacy detail on her flag! Your use of the ribbon with the stars is a perfect compliment!

Sandra H said...

Oh so cute!:)x

julie_woolston said...

She is so cute Marcea, love the colours and those papers are beautiful and what a lovely flag she is holding.

Hugs Julie x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Marcea :-) such a cute tilda marching along with her flag :-) Love the papers, colours and embellies too :-)

Hope your halo doesn't slip lol :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Penny said...

Marcea, this is a darling card that could be either Olympics or the 4th of July! Love the image and the papers you used with her.
You deserve a halo for the extra time in linking each color and item used! VBG
Hugs,
Penny

Unknown said...

This is just gorgeous... lovely image and fab colours too! Jo xxx

Sandy Trefger said...

Just precious and oh so cute! Love this card. The little girl is adorable and colored so lovely and the butterflies are wonderful. Color and paper choices are perfect! Thanks for joining in on the SALS challenge this week!

cheiron said...

Wonderful card and your coloring is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

So, so cute card!!!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous card with phenomenal coloring and I really like the fun paper choice! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

June Nelson said...

Wow what a gorgeous card, and I love your combo and layout, its just brilliant hunnie hugies June xxx

Heather said...

Gorgeous Marcea, a great design and such stunning papers. I love the sweet Tilda flying the flag!!

hugs Heather xx

coops said...

so gorgeous marcea,fab sweet image and i love your colours :D

xx coops xx

Sarah J Moerman said...

Such a sweet card! Love the subtle primary colours and your fabulous colouring!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is lovely, thanks for sharing!

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

Marcea what a stunning card-Has all my favorites with the ribbons, embellies and super papers! Thanks for playing with us at Seems a Little Sketchy!
Carolyn

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lisa Carroll said...

Just gorgeous, Marcea! Perfect coloring, as always, and perfect details. Love it! :)

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card Marcea!! Love that sweet Tilda and your coloring is perfect!!

hugs...
Melissa

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marcea, I hope your enjoying your holiday and the weather is being kind to you, its not doing to well here in the UK.
A stunning card love your papers and your image. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Joy said...

Super sweet card Marcea, I love all the cheerful colours that you chose..hugs

rosie said...

gorgeous card. love the colours x

Sharon said...

Such a gorgeous card Marcea. Love the image and the colours - bright and cheerful. Love Sharon. x

June Nelson said...

Aw this is gorgeous and beauitul colouring me darlin fantastic card x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes