Tuesday 26 June 2012

Flower Cross - Just Inklined

Good morning my lovelies .... another dry day here and hubby is working hard to try and finish his shed before we go on our hols. It is looking good so far, it just amazes me how men can just build these things from scratch. I suppose it is a bit like us crafters making cards hey :o)

So here is my very first card for the Just Inklined DT. It is really nice to colour something different to my usual cute. 


 This beautiful image is called 'Flower Cross' and is so easy to colour.



I usually pick my papers first and then colour my image to match but this time I just coloured my image first. I then went through my papers to see what would match. I found these lovely papers by Basic Grey and I think they match perfectly. I might start doing it this way a little more often because I have had these forever and doubt I would have thought to use them for this card.





Lots of pretty pearls and flowers (and some punching too) to finish it all off. There are lots of wonderful cards for inspiration over on the Just Inklined Blog so make sure you pop over for a look. 

Challenges:


The Pink Elephant - Sketch
Daisy Doodles - Anything Goes
Stampin' for the Weekend - Show us your Style (lots of embellies and papers)
Totally Gorjuss - Something Yellow


Have a wonderful day xxx


18 comments:

Jak Heath said...

Stunning, beautiful colouring and beautiful embellishments.

Sarah said...

Beautiful card Marcea! Gorgeous Papers and fabulous image! Amazing colouring!

Sarah x

Tammy said...

Absolutely beautiful! The papers and flowers are perfect for the perfectly colored image.

sam said...

Absolutely fab love everything about it xx

julie_woolston said...

Marcea this is stunning, gorgeous image beautifully coloured, I don't think you could have got a better match of papers than these they are perfect.

Hugs Julie x

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Marcea! Wonderful coloring of the beautiful image and perfect pairing of papers and embellishments!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Karen J said...

It's stunning Marcea. I love the colours you've used :) xx

Penny said...

Marcea, the colors and papers you chose are luscious! You colored the image beautifully and I love all the wonderful embellishments! This is a gorgeous card! :^)
Hugs,
Penny

coops said...

so gorgeous marcea.really fab colours and i love the stunning image :D

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

Sooo Gorgeous!! Hugs! Leah Ann

Sharon said...

What a beautiful card Marcea. Love the colours and the layout. I work at Asda and I wish I had a pound for every copy of the 50 shades trilogy - I could retire!!! I am half way through the first.
Love Sharon. x

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Beautiful! I love how you framed the cross with all those flowers and pearls. Blessings!

Claveh said...

Wow, Marcea, talk about starting with a bang, this is really beautiful. The papers work so well they look made for the image. Great start to your just inklined career Marcea! xxx

Paola ♥ said...

Beautiful!

Hugs
Paola

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous card!! Love all the fabulous detail. Thanks so much for joining us at The Pink Elephant!!

Mervi said...

Gorgeous card Marcea and love the papers too;-))m

Made by Mandy said...

Many thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge over at Daisy Doodles Creative Challenges

Mandy (DT member for Daisy Doodles)

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes