Sunday 17 June 2012

A card just for fun …… how rare!

Afternoon all, hope you are having a great weekend. I am enjoying my days off and had a great day with my lovely sister-in-law shopping in Leeds yesterday. Still have 4 days off to enjoy so I might try and crack on with a bit of the old ‘H’ word ssshhhhh and then the rest of the time can be spent crafting to my heart’s content!

I thought I would share a card I made for order a few weeks ago. It is nice to make male cards every now and then and seeing as it is Father’s Day today it seemed a good day to share it.








I have used one of Mo Manning’s fabulous digis, hmmmm I seem to be using lots of digis at the moment. I love using them because you can make them any size you like, flip them etc etc. I really must try to merge some together soon. Think that will be my next challenge!






I adore blue and orange together although I have to admit it is not a colour combo I use very often. I took the colours from my papers which I have had FOREVER, I love going through my old stash, I always find something I forgot I had.







I have FINALLY used my star nesties – woop woop. Think I must have had them a couple of years lol. Oh well, better late than never hey. I love using this mesh stuff on male cards. Thought it could represent the football net….. that is what I was trying to achieve anyway hehe.






A little peek at the inside.








…. and of course a matching box!!!! Have to say I could not live without my ultimate pro and boxer boards. It only takes a couple of minutes to make my boxes now – thankyou Crafter’s Companion!!!!!!!




Challenges:

There’s Magic in the Air – One for the boys
The Pink Elephant – Masculine
Lexi’s Creations – Happy Birthday
Charisma Cardz – Male Cards
Delightful Challenges -  For the Boys
Fussy and Fancy – Boys Attitude


Have a great day xxx

20 comments:

Lin said...

Oh, Marcea, this is darling! What a special card for a soccer player! Our youngest son, now 35, played soccer from the time he was about 5 years old, and still plays on several adult teams for his work......his # was 4, too, and their colors were yellow and blue, so your card made me smile BIG!
LOVE the soccer net!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Marcea, great image and colours enjoy your Sunday, big hugs Jo xxx

Nannieflash said...

Oh wow Marcea that is one stunning card, I love your letters, and those papers are just fabulous to. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Cards By MI said...

Love your bright wonderful card. It's a perfect card for a lad. It's great!
Love n hugs
Marie

Squirrel x said...

Wow hun, this is s.u.p.e.r.b! Love it to bits. Huggles Sxx

Joey said...

Fab card Marcea, love this image and awesome colour combo. Joey x

Sharon said...

Love your card Marcea. The colours are matched perfectly. I think its so easy to forget that males like cards too. Cant fault your music. Emeli Sande is my fave at the moment. Her acustic version of Read all about it is fab.

Riet said...

What a beautiful creations Marcea.

Hugs Riet.xx

coops said...

so stunning marcea.fantastic colour combo and i love the image :D

xx coops xx

Janie Printz said...

Terrific little card Marcea, great use of the star nesties, thanks for reminding me that I also have them & don't think I've ever had mine out of the wrapper ... Better fix fix that !! The Magic mesh looks perfect for a net. Where do you get those wonderful scalloped card bases you use or is that made from a larger nestie? I REALLY like it & would love to find some.
Enjoy your days off ...
Hugs, Janie

Danni said...

Cute and fun! Thank you for playing along with The Pink Elephant Challenge!

May said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours & design..cute image coloured just perfect.. Thanks for sharing at Fussy & Fancy.. May x

Astrid said...

Stunning card, love the cute image, beautiful colouring !!

hugs Astrid

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What a fabulous male card Marcea! Love the orange and blue together and your star dies are fab!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Lexi's Creations for our "Happy Birthday" challenge, hugs Susan x

julie_woolston said...

Hi Marcea what a gorgeous card, I love the orange and blue and such lovely detail.

Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations.

Hugs Julie x

June Nelson said...

Wow Marcia that is fantatic, just a brilliant little boys card I love it hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Claveh said...

This is such a lovely card Marcea, isn't it nice when you can make a card just for fun? Thanks for the ideas. xxx

Sheryl said...

Wow! Marcea, This card is fabulous both inside and out! And I love the matching box! What a fun and perfect card for a 4 year old boy! Its so personal!
Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!
Warmest Hugs, Sheryl

Paola ♥ said...

Fantastic card!
Love the colors and the cute image.

Hugs
Paola

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Perfect boys card - love the image and those papers

thanks for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday
Hugs
Debbie xx

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes