Saturday 30 January 2010

Young Love


Hi there, isn't it sunny today ... fab but freezing!! So happy it is the weekend at last. We went out last night with a load from Glen's work to a gorgeous indian restaurant which used to be an old windmill (Here if you want a nosey) and we had such a great time. I haven't laughed so much in ages. Slight fiasco before going out though cos I decided to go all glam and opted for some false nails - however I glued my fingers to the nails and got in a right mess so had to cut the 2 nails I managed to get stuck on to the same length as my little stubbies. Only just managed to get the little b*ggers off, lol .... what am I like! I am going out tonight with some friends that I did my training with tonight for a few drinks so I shan't be attempting the nails again!

Thought I would show you a card my darling son asked me to make for his girlfriend (been going out a year now). Shocked he wanted one of my cards - not usually a cool thing apparently but think his girlfriend likes them so looks like he has no choice, lol.


Copics

Jeans - B93, B95, B97
Trousers - C3, C5, C7
Jumper - E50, E51, E53
T shirt - W1, W3, W7
Hair - E08, E31, E33, E35, E37, E43, E47, E49, Y21
Skin - E000, E00, E11, R11



Challenges


A Spoon Full of Sugar - Freestyle
Creative Card Crew - Punch It
Fussy and Fancy - Hearts
Secret Crafter - Hearts



Materials

Image - Charmed Cards & Crafts Mikey & Madison digi image
Papers - Pink Petticoat
Tools - nesties and MS Lace Scallop Heart Punch from DTDF
Embellies - Ribbon and gems from stash


And that's your lot for today. Hope you have a fab weekend ... might see you tomorrow xxx

19 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Just great card hun and I'm certain the girlfriend will love it. Wish I had a waistline like that! Your nail tale had me rolling, only you hun, only you! Hugs, Squirrel xx

Tracy said...

Fabulous card, that image is so great too. Have a good night tonight.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Marcea,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lisa said...

Hi Marcea, Gorgeous card! Great image fab papers. I am sure your son's girlfriend will love it.

Your false nail story did make me chuckle lol! I have had many disasters over the years involving false nails!

Lisa x

Nannieflash said...

Im sure your son was delighted with the card you made for him to give his girlfriend, its gorgeous and not to over the top.
Oh Ive had those false nails they dont do your nails any good and I dont like the way they make your nails feel so heavy and tight. With love and hugs Shirleyxx

Pauline C said...

Very funky Marcea - love it! Your nail story did make me laugh - i've had some terribly awkward moments with false nails before now ... worst is when one pops off unexpectedly lol!! Now I just make do with "stubbies too rofl!! Thanks for joining in this week's CCC by the way
Pauline xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Marcea, have a great time this evening. Sue x

Anonymous said...

How cool that your son's girlfriend likes your cards! This is perfect--love the image and papers! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
Hugs,
April

Saskia said...

Beautiful card... so romantic! :)

Saskia

Linda . J said...

Beautiful card Marcea and the colours and design are gorgeous, shes gonna love this.You made me giggle with you and your nail lol.
Hugs Linda

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Great teen card!! I'm sure his girlfriend will love it so he probably will be back in another occasion ;)

Liefs, Renata

Kirsty said...

Great card I am sure it will impress your sons girlfriend.
I have the same trouble with false nails xx

Teresa said...

Oh! Marcia that's it you keep showing that heart punch and I can't resist anymore I will have to get one now! The card is wonderful and teenagers would absolutely love it!
Teresa x

Juls said...

This is so trendy!!! Just love it! Hugs Juls

maxine said...

Great card Marcia

Helen said...

Fab card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Lori said...

This is a perfect card for your son's girlfriend! The colors and papers are sweet :D Thanks so much for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
Love and hugs ~ Lori

Nicola said...

Bet Paige loved this card Marcea, such a perfect image for "teenagers in love". I am still giggling at your nail fiasco - what ya like rofl!!
xx Mum xx

Jennifer said...

Wow, another amazing card. Love the hearts.

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes