Sunday 3 January 2010

Milly plays along at Sketch Saturday - GDT card


Here I am again .... can you tell I have been abandoned by the men in my life!! I have been having a nice afternoon playing with a gorgeous stamp Janet sent me from Pink Gem Designs . Isn't she just gorgeous, the stamp is called Birthday Milly . All the products on the website have 15% off until the end of January (apart from vouchers) so hurry up and snag some bargains!!!


I have followed the sketch on this weeks Sketch Saturday and have even managed not to rotate it or anything, lol. I usually tend to choose my papers first and then colour my image but the last few time I have coloured my image first and then had a good old look through my papers to see what matches. This is a great way of digging out all those old papers you have forgotten about. I have had this paper pad for over a year I think and hardly used it but the colours seemed just right for my image.



As you can see I am still in love with stickles - it is everywhere but who cares ..... you can't have too much sparkle in your life can you :o)



Lots of flowers too. I am becoming even more of a flower addict and am in danger of spending far too much money on them but they are just so pretty I will forgive myself. I am learning to stop stroking things and start using them - so much more fun. Have a lovely evening - I am going to watch 'Got to Dance' on Sky 1. It looks really good and will fill the hole left by X Factor. Have a great week back at work xxxx

27 comments:

Linda . J said...

What a beautiful card Marcea, just love your image and the colours you have used,those papers are so gorgeous.

Hugs Linda

Janet said...

Lovely card Marcea......gorgeous colours! xx

Sam said...

Gorgeous card Marcea.
Make the most of the peace and quiet I say, I've got hubby in the back room shouting at the tv, no1 son yelling at his xbox, thank goodness the other 2 are out!
Sam x

Victoria said...

cute image and love the colours and flowers.
Victoria
x

Stacey said...

Hello sweetie! Gorgeous card, loving your colouring and I am LOVING the flowers! Keeping buying them! ~x~

P.S. Can't remember if I ever thanked you for your lovely Christmas card but, just in case I didn't..... thank you! ~x~

maxine said...

This is so cute and a lovely colour combo.

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card hun .... ove Millie and the flowers are lush .... I'm standing on the precipice of a mega spendathon to stock up on flowers myself .. somethimes it just has to be done, hmmm? lol!
Hugs
Pauline x

6 wacky women said...

Happy New year, Marcea
Adorable card, such a sweet image and beautiful details.

Karen x

Squirrel x said...

WOW hun! Simply gorgeous, I must get this stamp now I've seen what you have done with her. Love your colour choice, a brilliant card. Hugs, Squirrel xx

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card marcea and yes a girl needs lots of sparkle in her life...big hugs kath xxxxx

cats whiskers said...

Morning sweetie thisis fabulous such lovely colours and I adoe those flowers
Hugs Jacqui x

Diane.W. said...

Hiya Marcea,Happy "sparkly" 2010!!!

Your card is gorgeous,luv the twinkly flowers too!!! :o)x

thread-bare said...

Fab card hun & yes this stamp is gorgeous. Have it in stock but haven't had time to play with it yet xx Clare x

Risa said...

Hello Marcea and Happy New Year wishes to you and your family!
Your card is beautiful! Your image is adorable and your coloring and layout are fabulous!
hugs
Risa:)

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marcea, wow thats a really bright card for you, love the colour scheme its really cheerful. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Riet said...

Beautiful card Marcea,i love your image.
So gorgeous papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Nicola said...

Gorgeous card Marcea, love your treatment on those beautiful flowers - all your fault I had a huge spend on these. Your colouring is fab on this sweet image and the sparkle brightens my day.
xx Mum xx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good evening Marcea, and what a fabulous card hunny. Happy new year to you my friend, sorry its late, but thats me all over!!! hope you had a fabulous christmas and new year, and im looking forward to seeing lots of your lovely creations this year. It is so cold here i suspect snow is probably on its way. I think you've already had it where you are havn't you?

I am hoping to get back into my blogging properly again this year, enjoyed the break, but missed my blogging friends.

Well hunny have a good week, hugs Linda x

Dragonlady said...

Hi Marcea

This is a gorgeous card and I love the flowers.

Hugs Ali x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Happy New Year Marcea, Your card is gorgeous and I love the colours, The image is so sweet and love the touches of sparkle, Hugs, Nikki x

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Great colours and I love the heart corners. Pretty flowers also.

Liefs, Renata

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Marcea. Love the cute image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Helen Laurence said...

Lovely card hun. I had noticed you're a bit flower mad these days, very pretty.

The image reminds me of a doll I use to have x

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Marcea, thanks for sharing your wonderful stamps with us. Beautiful card, just love those colours, very vibrant! I have a flower fetish, can't get enough of them! Keep warm! Heidi xx

Donna said...

Beautiful card Marcea, the design papers are beautiful and such a gorgeous image too! I love the pretty photo corners :) Donna x

Stampin Mindy said...

Oh Marcea this is beautiful, You absolutly made my day I would LOVE it be featured! This is so excited. You have all the permission you need to post on Inspirational! LOL Thanks again!

Carole said...

Happy New Year Marcea and thanks for the beautiful card...so sorry I've not responded yet...not been a good blogger/card maker over the past few months.
Your card is just gorgeous.
Hugs
Carole x

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes