Friday 22 May 2009

Stamp Something / Just Magnolia


Good morning, time for our last blogoversary challenge on Stamp Something and this week we are honouring Emily . Over her time on the DT Emily has produced lots of wonderful sketches for us so this week it is a sketch challenge. There is a sketch to follow on the SS page or you can use any of Emily's old sketches if you prefer.



I decided to use an old favourite of mine and followed this fabulous sketch from earlier this year.




A closer look at this adorable SN image, she is definately one of my favourites and has the sweetest of faces. I have used my chalk around the edges again and I do like this look, especially when I do not mat and layer my image. Have a look at all the other lovely creations by the DT and remember to pop over to Emily and wish her well as she prepares to leave us :o(
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-





Are you all ready for a challenge???? Wow, this sure challenged me this week and I was tearing my hair out, lol. This week on Just Magnolia we want to see you all
Get in shape!




Don't panic, you don't have to get your trainers on head down to the gym. No, we want to see some fabulous shaped cards please. That's right - no boring old square cards allowed! I have used this lovely template that is available from our sponsors this week, The Cutting Cafe' . It is a really cute size and perfect for cute little Tilda with her lamb.




I have picked my colours from the flowers on the paper and kept it all very simple. It is only a small card but I still managed to fit 4 flowers on, lol, and could have managed more but I restrained myself. I have used a lovely angel charm to finish. The image just made me think of 'The Lord is my Shepherd' so that is why the little angel is there - watching over Tilda.
Anyway, get yourself over to Just Magnolia and join in. Remember to link directly to your card please (sorry Mr Linky was naughty last night and went awol .... slap his legs!!). Looking forward to looking at your cards, have a fab day :o)

41 comments:

Crafting Diva said...

Hi stunning cards love your shape card and the image of Tilda and the lamb is just so cute!!!! Love how you take your pictures too gives a really feel of the card

Anonymous said...

they are both gogeous. I especially love the colours on Tilda though & what a lovely shape x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cards, do love the Sugar Nellie cos she is one of my faves too.
luv
Debby

Renata van Miltenburg said...

What a lovely cards do you make! I adore the flower hearts! Both images are so sweet and your coloring is fantastic. Beautifull papers too!

Hugs, Renata

Nicola said...

Loving both of your cards Marcea - such wonderful colouring and detail. I can´t choose one from the other because they are both stunningly beautiful. xxx

Nannieflash said...

Oh Marcea, both of your cards are stunning, I love the Magnolia shaped card, the design and the way youve created it is fabulous especially the flower edge. WEll done love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Poppy said...

aww they are both great, love the colours of both.
poppy

clare said...

Hi Hun..both gorgeous cards..so love the shaped card and its colour combo.TFS hugs clare xx

hope you have a lovely weekend..and thanks for your congrats on winning those ProMarkers cheers hun x

Mina said...

stunning cards as always Marcea...your colouring is always so perfect and your choice of colours lush xxx

Pauline C said...

2 gorgeous cards hun - your colouring and details are fab!
Pauline x

Unknown said...

Both gorgeous cards hun, such pretty colours on both as well as adorable images.

Enjoy your weekend.

Joanne x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Two beautiful cards Marcea! Love the pretty images and papers you've used. The accents are perfect on each. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. :)

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous cards, Marcea.
Beautifully colored images, pretty papers, love the shape of the Magnolia card too.

Have a great weekend...
Karen x

Alex said...

Gorgeous cards Marcea - I love the sketch you chose to use, the card is so bright and colorful and that image is soooo sweet! Have a fabulous weekend, girl! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

cats whiskers said...

fantastic cards hun you just keep on getting better and better I love your choice of colours and your embellies
Hugs Jacqui x

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards,l love the images and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Melissa said...

Be still my heart! This is absolutely fabulous!!

Many Blessings,
M.

Ila said...

They are Both Beautiful!!...I love the image, colors and flowers in the top one...and the Tilda card is Super Cute...love that shape!!...Have a Wonderful Weekend!!..Hugs, Ila

Pop's Cards said...

I love what you have done here, both are really fantastic, have a great weekend hugs Pops x x x

Regina Easter said...

wowzer...........pure eye candy

Rach said...

honey thses are fabulous cards., so pretty.xxxx

Lauren said...

These are so fun and super cute! Thanks for sharing.

Jill said...

2 beautiful cards Marcea I love the layout on the 1st card, and that SN is one of my favs hugs Jill xx

Erin... said...

2 gorgeous cards Marcea!!! Love the colors on both! Such sweet images too!

Naoual said...

Hi sweetie, the cards you made are just gorgeous, I just adore your colouring, it's so beautiful!

Hope you'll have a fab weekend,

Hugs, Naoual

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards Marcea, just stunning!
Have a great weekend,
Hugs, Marlene x

maxine said...

Beautiful card Marcea.

Natalie said...

Two beautiful cards Marcea. x

Tab said...

oooh love your card hun, such delish colours and your flowers are divine!
Hugs Tab xxx

Martine said...

This is stunning Marcea, i love the papers and image you have used, they work perfectly together :)

xx

Martine

Emily said...

Great cards Marcea! Beautiful images and colors! I love the flowers! Your coloring looks great too!

ros said...

beautiful card, gorgeous soft colours

CraftyC said...

Both stunning cards Marcea, enjoy your weekend away and good luck to Ryan
Clairex

Tasha said...

Gosh Marcea two wonderful cards i am loving the colours and layouts. Love how you used the chalk on the neice card! Fab details
love tasha xx

Risa said...

Both of your cards are very pretty!
I love the color combo of your first card. The second card is stunning!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Lexxie said...

Two totally stunning cards Marcea, really love them both!
Love Sarita xx

nessy said...

amazing cards ~ simply gorgeous!
enjoy your weekend
vanessa xx

Susie Sugar said...

Wow!! fantastic cards love the colouring
Hugs Susie xx

Shannon Wallace said...

Love your creative use of colors, and how lovely you color in the images! I have never seen a card shped the way the Tilda card is shaped...very creative!!

Maya said...

Ohhhh these are gorgeous,Marcea!!
The first one is my favorite,and i just love the papers,colours and the details!
And you have coloured the image to perfection!!
Hugs from Maya:)

Murielle said...

WOW...fabulous card, Marcea!!
Beautiful flowers and colours.
I love look.
Hugs, Mumur

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes