Friday 15 May 2009

Just Magnolia #5 / Stamp Something




Good morning my lovlies .... how are you all today? Excited that it is Friday? You should be because we have another fabulous challenge for you today on Just Magnolia. We have a fabulous sketch to follow by our very own Naoual and it is a beauty!!! I love sketches and this is just fab - you are going to want to use it over and over!



I have to say that this is one of my favourite cards I have ever made. Now this is quite a moment for me to like my own card - you know we are our own worst critics!! But you know what, it just came together so easy. These gorgeous BG papers were just what I wanted for this great sketch.



I love how it looks like little Tilda is running happily to see that special someone she loves. As if an unexpected visit from her favourite friend - so adorable. I have masked the flowers onto Tilda to create this lovely meadow using my WOJ stamp and the little butterfly is from a Messy Rabbit set. I had great fun and think I may have discovered a new favourite colour combo too!


I am so sorry I have not commented very much this week. My sore tooth paired with mine and my husband's birthdays have meant I have not had as much time online. Promise to do better next week :o)


-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-


Here we are again, another week closer to my wonderful DT friends leaving us on Stamp Something and this week we are honouring Lauren . The theme is 'thankyou somethings' and we want you to make it clean and simple, using the gorgeous lines and styles that Lauren is so well known for.


First of all apologies forthe poor piccie - this will be rectified as soon as I get chance for a daylight photo (edited .... sort of). Now, this is as clean and simple as I get, lol. No flowers and no embellies (apart from the sneaky card candy). I have kept my colours to a minimum and concentrated on matting and layering my image to create it as the focul point of my card.

Hopefully my new piccies will show this fab glitter flock that I used for the PP sheep. It looks so fab in real life - really textured and sparkly too! I can see this featuring onlots of my christmas cards this year!
I have also used my swiss dots folder - a real favourite on Laurens creations - nice to have a little bit more interest :o)

I hope you can joinus this week and don't forget that we are still looking for new DT members to join us .... so what's stopping you, get those gorgeous creations linked up to Mr Linky!!!!

41 comments:

Shannon Wallace said...

Beautiful card, and pretty color scheme! You are one talented lady!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cards and although I love the cute sheep my favourite is Tilda.
luv
Debby

Rach said...

two fabby cards from you sweetie. particularly love the just magnolia one, it works brilliantly. wonderful colours, love how you have paired it up with the whiff of joy accessory stamp.. xxx

PinksyDoodles said...

These are gorgeous cards. I love the Magnolia and the way you have built a picture up with different stamps and I agree, the colour combination is lovely.
Clare x

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Marcea,what a beautiful cards,l love the images and colours.
So beautiful papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Ila said...

Both cards are Totally Gorgeous and So Cute!!...but I have to say...the Tilda one is Super Cute...the colors and accents are Fabulous!!..Hugs, Ila

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Marcea, wow hunny you have been busy and these two cards are stunning. The magnolia has to be my favourite though i love all that added detail and the card has such a bright cheerful feel about it, i need cheering up with this awful miserable weather we're suffering just now! hope you have a fabulous weekend, hugs Linda x

Poppy said...

wow, I think the first card is soooooooo prettyful its gorgeous,but so is number 2, they are both lovely,have a good weekend.
poppy

Nannieflash said...

Oh Marcea, Im so sorry about your tooth, you really should get it removed, Ive had lots of problems with mine, I find Im always worried the abcess would return, are you having a root filling? I absolutely love your cards, and the Tilda one especially as I love purples anyway, the other card is very cool, lovely and beautiful love, hope things soon improve. love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Renata van Miltenburg said...

I'm totally in love with the coloupr combination of your Magnolia card and how sweet is this immage (they make to much gorgeous stamps...I can't buy them all like I wish!!!). Beautifull coloring too. Short...I love it all!!

Hugs, Renata

Anonymous said...

Hey! Lovely cards. I especially like the colours of the Tilda one. Very summery & cute (unlike todays weather!) x x

Paula said...

Hiya marcea wow these are both absolutly beautiful as always hunny.
Paula xxxx

sandra's crafty corner said...

gorgeous cards, lovint the tilda im a sucker for all things magnolia lol, the colouring in is amazing i have just had my promarkers delivered as im hoping they improe my colouring in ;-)
love sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards Marcea.. stunning ;)
Hugs, Marlene x

Annika said...

Gorgeous card! Love the papers (coming from me it's quite something, I'm usually not a fan of purples). Your colouring is fab as always and I love the way you have combined loads of stamps!
Hugs
Annika

Lauren said...

These are gorgeous Marcea! I love how you used the embossing folder. It adds such a beautiful touch.

Just Tracys Crafts said...

Love both your cards today, Gorgeous!!!

TracyXX

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous cards Marcea, such cute images and i love the pretty papers and colour combo's you have used. Hugs Nikki x

Jacilynn said...

Love them both! The colors are so gorgeous!

Jill said...

gorgeous cards Marcea I love the magnolia one, amazing colouring and a gorgeous scene hugs Jill xx

Murielle said...

Oh...Marcea, your card is splendid!!!
Lovely colours and marvelous design.
I love.
Hugs, Mumur

Melissa said...

Lovely Marcea!

Many Blessings,
M.

Victoria said...

Such fabulous cards Marcea. You have every right to feel proud of this Tilda card, it beautiful!
Hugs, Vicky x

Sue said...

Fab cards Marcea, think that Tilda is something special though! it looks a pretty picture, Sue xx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Two terrific cards Marcea! Love the pretty papers and colors on your sweet Magnolia card, perfectly Spring! And your Stamp Something is just adorable. Love these! BTW, love the way you intro the post with the image and challenge title, great thinking! :)

Nicola said...

Two very beautiful cards and your Magnolia one blows me away. You have created a "de Marcea" with all your wonderful added stamping.
Colouring as always is perfect and your papers are divine. xxx

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous cards Marcea and your Tilda is just stunning. A card to be proud of!
Clairex

Emily said...

These are both so pretty Marcea! Love the papers and layout on the first one! Your second card looks great too! I love the colors and the glittery sheep! Great layout too!

Erin... said...

2 fabulous cards Marcea! Love your frolicking Tilda, so adorable! Hope your tooth feels better over the weekend, OUCH!

Pauline C said...

These are both really gorgeous Marcea ... adore your cute sheepa nd the glitter flock - how cute!! and the Tilda is beautifully colorued and fab papers - love it all!! Hope your tooth is calming down and that you and your hubby enjoyed your birthdays .. must be lovely having them both in the same week!
Pauline x

Lisa H. said...

oooo, love how you used those dies! the swiss dots look great and I'm lovin' that little lamb. CA-UTE!

Deb said...

Fantastic cards Marcea, love them both, it is great when you are happy with your own card isn't it, very satisfying! Hope your tooth is better!
Have a great weekend! Debx

Terry said...

Hiya Marcea, wow your cards are soooo beautifull I just love your colouring and the colors of the papers....thanks for sharing Marcea...hugs terry

Janet said...

2 great cards! I'm following you so I can be sure to find my way back :)

Natalie said...

Marcea both cards are fab! I love the fluffy sheep. x

Martine said...

oooo your cards are adorable hun, i love the papers you have used on your magnolia card and she is coloured beautifully, and awwww that little sheep is just adorable :)


xx

Martine

Risa said...

Oh wow....both of your card are so beautiful Marcea! I love the beautiful Magnolia card, so bright and colorful! Your coloring is gorgeous! I also love the lamb...talk about cute!!
hugs
risa:)

Yvonne said...

Stunning card, just adore the colours one of my fave colours!
Just love this card.

Bev said...

Stunning cards sweetie - I love the colours on the JM one and can see why it's your new fave colour combo - delish!!! xx

Emma said...

Lovely card marcea :)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Hi Marcea! I entered this card in our $100 blog candy giveaway...Is that OK!? Please let me know. I was testing the new mr linky....
This card ROX!
Luv,
Heidi
Simon Says Stamp

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes