Wednesday 1 August 2012

The Paper Shelter ……. Glitz and Glimmer

Good morning world, sorry I am a little late today but all these late nights are taking their toll so I decided to be a lazy bum and stay in bed this morning…. what a treat!

That now means I am running round like a loon trying to wake up and post my card because I didn’t even consider scheduling my card, tut tut. So please excuse any typos, I will probably spot them later and edit my post.

I have 2 cards today. My first is my DT card for
The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. We have a theme close to my heart …..

GLITZ AND GLIMMER



I have been wanting to use this beautiful image from The Paper Shelter for a little while now. She is called ‘Spring in the Heart’ and is just so pretty.


I have coloured her with Spectrum Noir pens and kept to the nice soft shades for this card. I drew the grass using little flicks with the pens and I think it has worked well.



The papers are from an old A5 paper pad by Forever Friends, I think it was the Pink Parfait collection. Flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the little butterflies were just in my stash. I am going to start going through all my stuff and using these little bits and bobs that I have. Makes a nice change from my usual embellishments.



Now I am not sure if this is showing up very well on my photo but I sprayed all the pink flowers with the new Pink Spray and Sparkle from Crafter’s Companion. They will make a donation to Breast Cancer Care for every can that is sold. So you can add sparkle to everything knowing you have helped a very worthwhile charity.

Oki doki, that’s all my words over with lol. Don’t forget to check out our challenge blog for details of the priza and also all the other wonderful creations by the design team. Oooops I almost forgot ….. WELCOME to all the new members of the DT and congratulations!!!!

Products used…

Spring in the HeartSpray and Sparkle Pink Iridescent Glitter VarnishNeenah Classic Crest Card Pack*Martha Stewart DOILY LACE Edge Craft Punch Edger 42-40091*Whiff of Joy UM Rubber Stamps GENERAL SAYINGS t031

 

Challenges…

Hanna and Friends – We Celebrate

Crafts 4 Eternity – Brilliant Birthdays

Totally Gorjuss – Pearls

Secret Crafter – Bright & Cheerful

Sketch Saturday - #218

Kaboodle Doodles – Birthday / Special Day

Deep Ocean Challenge – Anything Goes

Creative Craft Challenges – Summertime

Creative Inspirations – In the Garden

Divas by Design – Flowers

Penny’s Paper-Crafty Challenge – Butterflies/Bows

Have a fab day and good luck to all the athletes at The Olympics ….. x

31 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Stunning card Marcea, and yes I can see the new Pink glitter on your rose. love your whole card layout. hugs Shirleyxx

Eileen said...

Gorgeous card Marcea. Love the soft colours you have chosen. Beautifully coloured and love the butterflies
Eileen x

Sandra H said...

Congratulations on your 1st dt card absoloutely stunning:) xx

Kate M said...

Beautiful card - love that glitter
Kate
xx

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning card and beautiful soft colours. Lovely colouring and I love the cute image. Loving the flowers and the close up shot of the rose is stunning.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Marcea love the design and colours...

Sorry haven't been to visit sooner but now trying to catch up! Big hugs Jo xxx

Kay Dalton said...

beautiful beautiful card, the pink and blue are so nice together

Linda . J said...

What gorgeous card Marcia and in such beautiful colours, love the design, ohhh lovely glitter too.
Watched your son playing in the band wow it was great, really enjoyed it.
Hugs Linda

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Marcea. Love the image and pretty colours.
Lorraine x

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Marcea! I love the colors and sweet image! Pretty embellishments!

Jessie Conger said...

She is simply cute, you really gave her justice. Your flowers are gorgeous and you must have an amazing stash of goodies, the butterflies are perfect!!! Thanks for sharing!

Ann Marie Governale said...

What a stunning card..I am your new teammate at The Paper Shelter and now your newest follower! xxx Ann Marie

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the flowers.

Hugs Riet.xx

coops said...

so gorgeous marcea.your design is stunning and i love the image ;D

xx coops xx

Penny said...

Such pretty pastels, Marcea! Love the grass you did for your sweet image! And love the die cut edges and all the flowers--especially the glittered one! :^)
Hugs,
Penny

downrightcrafty said...

what a gorgeous creation, thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
hugs Kate
ps I have candy if you are interested and have not already celebrated with me :)

Fran said...

Fab card,I love it, thankyou for joining us over at Kaboodle Doodles xx

Ime said...

Really nice card!!! Love the flowers you used and nice coloring too. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles

Ime said...

Really nice card! Love the flowers you used here. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles.

Ime said...

Really nice card! Love the flowers you used here. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles.

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful card Marcea and yes i can see the pink spray it's gorgeous, lovely detail and image.

Hugs Julie x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very pretty colours and what a cute image. Love the pink spray and sparkle.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Oops forgot to say thanks for playing at TG.

pinky said...

Stunning creation! Thanks for joining us at Crafts4Eternity this week.
Pinky

michele said...

Fabulous card Marcea! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

mags said...

Beautiful card Marcea. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's and good luck.
Mags
x

Unknown said...

Hi Marcea, awww such a pretty card - lovely colours and the image is tooo cute!

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

Sarah

Aunty Sue said...

Brilliant card and thanks for sharing at Creative Inspirations

Melanie said...

Such a gorgeous card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Butterflies and/or bows" challenge & good luck in the draw…
Hope to see you again in our new challenge next Wednesday.

Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

tiggertastic said...

Fantastic work i hope you come back and join in the fun this week at Sketch Saturday


Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog - Tiggertastic

Designing for:

Sketch Saturday , Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

Franz♥ said...

Gorgeous work! Thanks for sharing it with us at Deep Ocean this forthnight.

Hugz, Franz.

p.s.: just to remember that you can win a wonderful price leaving a comment on our DT's blogs... :)

Featured post

Simon Says … Anything Goes